[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ I have never played a video game in my life. Can you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Help-wanted.jpg (2 MB, 1697x1131) Image search: [Google]
Help-wanted.jpg
2 MB, 1697x1131
Hey /v/ I have never played a video game in my life. Can you recommend anything old or new that has held up that I could get into? I watched someone play runescape once but thats it. grew up in a cult raised by family that didn't believe in electricity i have left the cult and am ready to be neet lmao my birth name is wood hahah
>>
Undertale
>>
What kind of stories do you like? That would be a good thing to base a suggestion on.
>>
>>320876123
Go get an old N64 and play super mario 64.

Literally where I started as a child

Yes, I missed out on NES, super NES, ect
>>
Dark souls or demon's souls
>>
>>320876123
Platformers are probably the best route to go.
Super mario, banjo kazooie, or some other game.
>>
Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Banjo Kazooie. Basically any SNES era 2D Platformer or N64 era 3D platformer.

Spyro would also be a fantastic place to start, PS1 game.
>>
Dwarf Fortress is pretty beginner friendly
>>
>>320879096
Don't believe this anons lies
>>
Zelda: A Link To The Past
>>
>>320876123
Start with Super Mario Brothers 3
>>
>>320876123
Fallout 4.

https://archive.is/bRIyR
>>
>>320876123
These are all beginner friendly
Funny pizza land
Dwarf fortress
Hearts of iron
Demon souls
Sad Satan
Sonic 06
Touhou UFO with ultra patch
>>
>>320876123
I'm sorry you missed out on this. Like some anons are suggesting start with old consoles and play through older games, rather than buying the consoles you can emulate i suppose.
>>
Don't listen to /v/. /v/ has shit taste. All the video game boards do.

Do independent research.
>>
>>320879972
>Touhou UFO with ultra patch
THE FUCKS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
Are you typing this from a library or some shit?
>>
i was given a laptop from a community college that I started attending in September.
>>
>>320880391
>>320880558
got your back op
>>
>>320880558
so how the fuck do you even know what 4chan is
>>
I had heard about all the website facebook and yahoo and all that stuff and I have been sort of obsessed about the internet since august when I left my family. I found 4chan because you guys had a funny story on facebook.
>>
>first came in touch with electricity just months ago
>already shitposting on 4chan

Yea, nah
>>
>>320880875
KEK 4chan BTFO
>>
NO I have had electricity since February. The internet since August when I got this laptop. I left in the new year. also I don't know why this post is shit I was only looking for help sorry . The new people I live with told me about all the websites and I just found you guys because of a story I heard about other websites too
>>
>>320881215
Alright, so let's start with the basics then. I'm assuming you have a shitty laptop so let's find some older games for you to play

So what kind of games you want, family
>>
>>320881215
click the numbers so you can reply to the person you are talking to.
>>320881215
>>320880930
>>320880752
>>
Well, Undertale is a start, seeing as how it's the best game ever, according to Gamespot.
>>
>>320876818
just say, its where I started as a child, no need for literally
>>
>>320877987
Listen to this anon OP.
>>
>>320881215
I refuse to believe you know how to spoiler but not how to quote.
>>
Bubsy 3D
>>
File: super-mario-world-2.gif (78 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-world-2.gif
78 KB, 800x640
>>320876123
What kinds of games do you want to play? A generic good starting point would be any main Mario game really. Try the original Super Mario Bros or maybe Super Mario World.
>>
I asked how to spoiler in another thread and have the code copied and pasted in noted pad.
>>
>>320881943
If you click the long number at the top of people's posts you can reply directly to them.
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 204x205) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 204x205
>>320876123
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8SwTzzwBI8rV1ZMX1JXVlJmVXc/view?usp=sharing

It's all the files you need to play doom on a regular PC, just extract and run "zdoom.exe" and pick which doom you want to play
>>
Ultima 4.
>>
>>320881943
just hit ctrl+s in the quick reply box silly goose
>>
>>320876123
>that didn't believe in electricity
murriga
>>
>>320882448
That's a retarded generalization when most of the American population spends the majority of the day staring at some sort of glowing rectangle, stop hating us because you aren't us
>>
>>320882256
virus dont download
>>
>>320882876
What I meant is that this shit only happen in america or some African shithole.
>>
>>320882910
pics nigger
yer full of shit
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.