[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict? Is it worth $60?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
What's the verdict?

Is it worth $60?
>>
you mean a hundred
>>
>>320873573
it isn't even worth $30.
lel
>>
it's worth $20 max

the canceled battlefront 3 had far more content and it was only in alpha
>>
its only 43$
>>
>>320873680
Delete this
>>
>>320873573

you mean close to $120.00 after tax
>>
>>320873573
If you plan on playing it casually then maybe. Otherwise, I'd stay away.
>>
I bought an Xbox one. Did I do good /v/? Does this game run well on it?
>>
>Dice

Lol. Squad is the actual successor to Battlefield 2. Everything Dice has done to the Battlefield series is non-canon.
>>
>>320873573
It isn't even worth starting a thread. I'm serious.

Just an obvious cash grab to tie in with the recent movie release. Shit is so hollowed out and featureless compared to it's predecessors.
>>
Looks dull as shit.
Graphics are pretty amazing though.
>>
>>320873573
The verdict was NO by basically every publication which is why its already on sale for $39.99 bexause theyre still shilling the dlc for $49.99
>>
>>320873943
>murica
>not including tax in the prices

this was the most infuriating aspect to me when visiting your country. That, and mandatory tipping because you seemingly can't pay your waiters as regular workers
>>
>>320873971
Nope
>>
>>320873573
I would maybe buy it for 10$ but only if i was getting desperate for something to play
>>
>>320873573

It's not even worth $30, and I'm just saying this in general, ignoring the legacy its stepping on.
>>
File: battlefront-origin.png (110 KB, 570x1263) Image search: [Google]
battlefront-origin.png
110 KB, 570x1263
No
>>
>>320873573
Absolutely not. C'mon man. It's EA. You know better.
>>
No. It's really, genuinely a bad game. Literally every element is beyond horribly balanced, the card system is stupid, the unlock system is stupid, at least half of the maps are trash, it's just bad. It is a bad game and it isn't worth your time. You would be better off with almost literally any other shooter released this year.
>>
>>320873573
NO
>>
Maybe wait until you can get the equivalent to the BF4 premium edition for $20 with everything included.
>>
>>320874592

>implying im going to risk getting in trouble using a VPN

>implying you didnt spend literally 80 dollars

you spent 80 dollars

thats a lot of fucking money for something not even worth 20
>>
>>320874319
we're trying to change that in the northwest
we have the highest minimum wages and the two major cities are passing laws to make their counties have 15$+/hour minimum wages and if that happens, people wont be tipped anymore. id like to see some schlub who makes as much as the waiter at a shitty franchise business get waited on mediocre then be expected to tip, it wont happen. we have all kinds of stupid laws here, the figuring out taxes thing is taught really early on in school, you basically just figure out what an extra 8-9% is and expect that
>>
File: eaholidaysale.png (183 KB, 955x937) Image search: [Google]
eaholidaysale.png
183 KB, 955x937
>>320875026
>implying im going to risk getting in trouble using a VPN
ea dont care
>>
>>320875179

>buying a bunch of old games you could easily pirate
>giving more money willingly to EA

holy fuck just stop dude
>>
>>320875073

like, seriously

when i was a kid i would scrape together enough cash for a comic book down at a local gas station. even back then id scrape together 2.16 for a 1.99 comic
>>
>>320875260
origins actually lets you try any game for 24 hours by downloading the full thing then blocking access when time is up (which means after 24 hours you can just crack it and play offline, ea is fucking stupid)
>>
File: origin sale.png (234 KB, 1917x1080) Image search: [Google]
origin sale.png
234 KB, 1917x1080
>>320875260
>been using a VPN for 5+ years without being banned
okay
>>
>>320875073

i live in seattle, and 15 dollars an hour minimum wage will literally kill each and every single small business and walmart wil literally own everything

source: i part own a small business and have work for many small business in our area

what do you expect companys that can barley compete by paying 10 dollars per hours?

you realize corporations run everything and they are the ONLY business that could absorb a 15 dollar an hour change

RIP small business die you liberal scum faggot die
>>
is this steam boy board?
>>
>ea product
>worth money

Never.
>>
>>320873573
>$60

I wouldn't pay $10 to play it.
>>
>>320875479
steam boy?
>>
>>320875462
Couldn't those small businesses just raise prices to make up for the extra cost?

Sure, no actual progress or social mobility happens, but you stay in business.
>>
>>320873573
>Is it worth $60?

You mean $120.
Gotta play the full game.
>>
>>320875462
dont argue w/ him anon

my family owns a smll business too. retards here want to raise min. wage to 15 bucks an hour up from 8.10.
>>
>>320875759
>Couldn't those small businesses just raise prices to make up for the extra cost?

no? because they'll just go shop at the big box stores that can take the hit.

expecting business to have to literally double their payroll is retarded and is just going to lead to more automation

there's already a mcdonalds in pheonix that is ran entirely by robots. they have one guy there to make sure nobody steals anything, that's it
>>
>>320875462
you think i dont know that? i worked in eastern oregon for my brothers small business for 10/hour and did sidejobs
i never broke 9k/year
this last year i moved to portland and got a job at a kroger store for 17/hour busting my ass and now im not living in poverty anymore
yep it sucks for small businesses

my brother said he wouldve paid me 20/hour if he could have but employing me basically cost 20/hour already after all the shit he had to do

the truth is though that the workers cant afford to live on the current minimum wage anymore if you have a vehicle to get to work and a phone to be called by work and youre paying rent. you either have to get roomates, live like a refugee, or live with your parents for years. ive got my shit together but that doesnt mean most of the population cant form a budget, has too many kids, and isnt in debt up to their eyeballs
>>
>>320875759

in a highly competitive market?

do you have ANY BASIC CONCEPT OF CAPITALISM OR BUSINESS?

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS AT ALL?

YOU CANT JUST MARK UP 1000% ON YOUR GOODS FOR LITERALY NO REASON WHEN LARGE CORPORATIONS ARE ALREADY PRODUCING THE GOODS FOR 1/3 OF THE PRICE

i see a future where literally only big business is even alive anymore, there is no future for people who want to start a business and be independent, everybody must be a state worker or work for a big business

literally RIP small business
>>
>>320873573

Nope. Just get Battlefield 4. Same shit, but Battlefront is just a more dumbed down version with a star wars skin.

Might be worth it in the future if the other team takes over for future patches and updates.
>>
>>320876132
>this last year i moved to portland and got a job at a kroger

so now you work for a mega copr

cool! RIP SMALL BUSINESS
>>
>>320876297
i dont think that was the same anon you dolt
>>
>>320873573

>$60

That's not how much you're paying for the whole game OP

There's a reason why I returned my copy 5 days after buying it.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57 KB, 625x656
>>320875462
>anyone who wants to raise the minimum wage is a liberal
>>
>>320876403
>you think i dont know that? i worked in eastern oregon for my brothers small business for 10/hour and did sidejobs
>i never broke 9k/year
>this last year i moved to portland and got a job at a kroger store for 17/hour busting my ass and now im not living in poverty anymore
>yep it sucks for small businesses

he is saying he was living in poverty working for a small business

then he got a job at a mega-business and makes decent money

proving my point exactly

only large corporations can afford to absorb 15 dollars per hours. It will literally put a noose around each and every small business

in the future, everybody will work for the government or a large corporation, nobody will think for themselves, nobody will invent anything (besides corporations), nobody will do anything independent

everybody will work for the state or a corporation

enjoy your future!
>>
>>320876701

and not only will 15 dollars per hour kill small business by wages

it will also drive the cost of goods up to better reflect 15.00

it will drive up the cost of goods, we already live in a time of HYPER inflation

thats what we really need to do, drive up the cost of goods, and then drive out small business by making min wage 15 per hour

GG
>>
It's worth about $20, 30 with the DLC unless they really pull out all the stops and give us a whole overhaul.
>>
20%off on origins right now sooooo

is it worth $46.99?
>>
File: 1443693499590.jpg (21 KB, 266x285) Image search: [Google]
1443693499590.jpg
21 KB, 266x285
>>320875598
You know what I mean bby
>>
>>320874319
The trouble is you guys forget you're paying taxes.

I remember a British MP railing against Hollywood for pricing DVDs 20% higher in Britain than the US (when the entire difference came down to VAT).

And please at least act white when it comes to tipping.
>>
This sums it up fairly well
https://youtu.be/U49VvGYZr98

>inb4 e-celeb
>>
It's got some major issues. The usual level of incompetence i've come to expect from Dice games.
The Millennium Falcon is overpowered. A wings are overpowered. All air is overpowered vs ground. The DL 44 is bullshit. There's no team scramble or auto balance for when people leave and it's 4 vs 10 in team deathmatch. The blinding white light when you exit a tunnel drives me nuts. It takes too long to unlock the basic shit you need to compete on the battlefield. (remember how in bad company 2 snipers literally didn't start with the sniper rifle and had to level up to unlock it? it's kinda like that.)

But I guess I can't trash the game too much since i've been playing it nonstop since I bought it a week ago.
>>
>>320877169
No.
I got it for about $20 and I still don't feel like I got a very good deal.
>>
>it will also drive the cost of goods up to better reflect 15.00
>it will drive up the cost of goods, we already live in a time of HYPER inflation
>>320876935
So should we should lower minimum wage to stave off inflation? That might work. But how do increase quality of life then?
>>
>>320873573
Graphics and Sound are 10/10 easily

Rest of the game ehhh 5/10
>>
>>320878898
Redistribution of the 1%'s wealth

They hold over 2/3rd of the world's wealth in total, I forgot the real large number they quote
>>
>>320877768
>Dunkey
Kill yourself
>>
>>320873573
You'll go thru the entirety of what it has to offer in 1 hour. You'll be bored by hour 2 with no reason to return. Is that worth $60 for you?
>>
That'll be difficult to say the least. These people doge taxing for a living.
>>
No game is worth 60$
>>
>ST not fully developed
>only human characters worth remembering left are Lando and Tarkin
>only memorable OT locales are Tantive IV, Mos Eisley, Death Star, Yavin 4, Cloud City, and Jabba's Palace
>DICE is too scared to go outside of content from the films
>Disney wants to stay away from prequel content as much as possible so low chance of Clone Wars

I just want to know what the fuck is in those four Expansion Packs that warrant a $50 price tag.
>>
>>320877615
>act white
M'lady, i le heard this establish(le)ment requires a "tip"
*steals mayonnaise, stands up, and tips fedora*
*moonwalks away with heelies shoes*
>>
>>320873971
>Does any game run well on it?
The answer is no
>>
File: h.png (186 KB, 396x349) Image search: [Google]
h.png
186 KB, 396x349
>>320883582
>there are people who actually want prequel trash

there are many, many problems with Battlefront, that isn't one of them
>>
>>320880695
>Packs
>>
>>320884308
Maul, grievous, Windu, Boss, Sev, Scorch, Jango, Obi at his peak, Arc Troopers, Droidekas, Magnaguard, AT-TEs, AATs, Republic Gunships and that's all cool stuff without getting into EU clone wars
>>
>>320874319
Your shitposting is weak. Try harder next time.
>>
>>320884308
the clash of sepertist robutts and republic dogs are not the issue with the prequel, the issue with the prequels was the bullshit plot that made no fucking sense, also add extra shit that made 4-6 seems stupid since they're only 20 years our from 3. but if you just boil it down to republics vs separatists it works fine for a game.
>>
>>320885808
>MagnaGuard is an Honor Guard unit exclusive to General Grievous

:^)
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.