[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Castlevania Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: draculaxx_vs_bloodlines.png (783 KB, 779x609) Image search: [Google]
draculaxx_vs_bloodlines.png
783 KB, 779x609
Which game deserves the title of worst Castlevania game ever: Dracula XX on SNES or Bloodlines on Genesis?

>inb4 Simon's Quest AVGN memers
>inb4 Super Castlevania Egoraptor memers
>inb4 Metroid with Swords ("Metroidvania") fanboys
>>
Worst pre-SoTN game is the arcade game, after that is the first gameboy one. Simon's quest is mediocre so that would be third worst.
>>
There is nothing "worst" about either of those games.
>>
Dracula X/Vampire's Kiss and Bloodlines are both far better than Simon's Quest, the three Gameboy ones, Haunted Castle and Chronicles.
>>
>>320874765
I'll give you all of those except Chronicles. The non-remake version (as in port of the X68k game) is great and everything classicvania should be.
>>
>>320874765
What's so terrible about Chronicles?
>>
>>320872358
Those are both pretty good games, anon. The worst Castlevania by far is Castlevania 2.
>>
>>320874765
What's bad about Chronicles?
It's my favorite Classicvania after Rondo.
>>
File: 3441100.png (276 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
3441100.png
276 KB, 500x344
>favourite Classicvania
>favourite IGAvania
>favourite 3Dvania
>favourite non-Metroid or Castlevania Metroidvania
>favourite Belmont
>favourite Yamane OST
>favourite non-Yamane OST

Out with it, /v/.
>>
>>320874765
Chronicles is one of the best Classicvanias ever.
>>
>>320876067
Rondo of Blood
Dawn of Sorrow
64( only one ive played)
Terraria I guess
Julius or Richter
Lost Painting
Bloody Tears
>>
Whats so bad about Bloodlines?
>>
>>320876067
>favourite Classicvania
Rondo of Blood and Dracula's Curse are practically tied for me, but since Rondo's presentation is some of the best in the series it edges it out.

>favourite IGAvania
Order of Ecclesia is my favorite game in the whole series. Had everything I liked about Iga's games without most of the bullshit, along with great new characters and some of the best spritework in the series.

>favourite 3Dvania
Legacy of Darkness had some interesting ideas and a good base for future 3D games even if it executed its concepts poorly.
None of them are that good.

Cave Story

>favourite Belmont
Julius

>favourite Yamane OST
That's fucking hard.
Order of Ecclesia maybe. I really liked the new songs like Empty Tome and the returners are as great as ever.

Definitely Judgement, despite the games flaws in every other area.
>>
>>320874765
>comparing portable games to console games
Nigga, you just went full retard.
>>
>>320876831
Too many shitty autoscrolling segments, background/sprite art is horrible by 1994 standards, music sounds like tinny farts on the YM2612, and most of the bosses are even easier than Super IV's. Also lol @ only 7 stages for a 16-bit game. It's just a garbage game that's overrated by envious Segafags.
>>
>>320875110
Go back to bed, James Rolfe.
>>
>>320876067
>favourite Classicvania
Rondo of Blood
>favourite IGAvania
Aria of Sorrow
>favourite 3Dvania
Lament of Innocence (Does this count, given it was one of IGA's? The two N64 ones are terrible, at any rate)
Ori and the Blind Forest
>favourite Belmont
Trevor
>favourite Yamane OST
A tie between Symphony of the Night and Lament of Innocence
Rondo of Blood. Those synths and the early '90s sitcom drum machine just date it so perfectly
>>
>>320877302
It was shit long before he had anything to say about it.
>>
>>320876067
Rondo of Blood
N/A
N/A
Demon's Crest
Simon
Wandering Ghosts
Opus 13
>>
Classicvanias >>> SoTN >>> GBAvanias >>> shit >>> DSvanias >>>>>>>>> 3DVanias
>>
>>320876831
Nothing. It's one of the best, actually. You just get retards like >>320877187 who froth at the mouth when presented with Sega games.
>>
bloodlines is one step away from great, in that for some reason the controls are slightly janky

dracula xx is mediocre all around, like a chinese rom hack
>>
>>320876121
I played it a few weeks ago and I have to agree, it's like the castlevania 1 definitive edition
>>
>>320878783
>I have no counter-argument
>I know! I'll just call him a retard! That'll show him!

Segatards, everyone.
>>
File: 1444393619583.png (27 KB, 1199x127) Image search: [Google]
1444393619583.png
27 KB, 1199x127
>>
>>320879214
They're still butthurt they got the inferior SotN version on their failure of a system, so they have to hold Bloodlines up on a pedestal in their delusion.

Must suck being a SEGA fanboy.
>>
>>320876831
I played it for the first time in October and didn't care for it at all.

>The games aesthetic and ost were strange for the series, losing the classic horror and gothic vibe its peers had
>Most of its levels reminded me of Stage 4 from SCIV where they were more interested in being tech demos for what the Genesis was capable of rather than creating cohesive design
>the stage settings like the nazi factory fell flat for me
>Most stages also dragged on longer than they needed to
>Morris was actively not fun to play compared to Eric
>The bosses were pretty forgettable and the huge boss rush in the final stage was silly

It's not an awful game but I always felt like I was playing something rushed out so they could have a game out on the Genesis too, while Dracula's Curse, X68000, Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania IV all felt like more complete and realized products.
>>
was anyone else slightly disappointed with SotN when it first came out? It wasn't a bad game by all means. When I was a kid, my only experience with Castlevania was with 1 and 3, so I assumed SotN was going to be some kickass arcade platformer instead of a metroid-like adventure game. While I still enjoyed it, I kind of wish it was more difficult.
>>
>>320879606
IGA ruined the series with SotN. If I had the choice of either Castlevania dying or becoming MetroidRPG, I'd choose the former.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.