[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I literally the only one who had no problems whatsoever with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Am I literally the only one who had no problems whatsoever with the controls? Did you guys had faulty controllers or do you just suck?
>>
I had to recalibrate my controler every three minutes, other than that it was ez pz
>>
yes OP you are the only person
>>
I never had problems with the gyro or swinging most of the time but my problem with the combat was that it was single solution no matter what.

Zelda has never been hard but I enjoyed doing stuff like knocking dudes in the head with the boomerang to get a few extra slashes in. In SS, the items have barely any combat utility and enemies just outright tell you where to swing.
>>
>>320850474
Only problem I had was doing the skyward strike and that was only a few times, usually when I was either in super lazy mode or at the final boss. Otherwise I really loved this game. I liked the progression of shields.
>>
>>320850474

I can't be fucked to play a game that forces me to wave my arm all over the place. As lazy as that sounds, I have a busy job and I play games to relax, not have to stand up and piss about waving a remote.
>>
>>320854319
I load and unload tires by hand all day and you don't hear my bitch.
>>
>>320854450
Me* fucking phone. Shit.
>>
>>320850474
Even if the controls were entirely accurate to your input they were still annoying.
Any of the swimming or the flying sections could have easily just used the unused control stick instead to tire out your wrist less (Not even just from lack of muscle or fatty arm, just fatigue from holding a single awkward position for extended periods of time) and achieve greater response time.

Fuck the beetle and balance sections though.
Completely no accuracy no matter how much you recalibrate and they are the most motorically simple challenges the game offers.

And menu driven, gyro controls were awful. Slowed down the already slow item select.
More importantly they already did aiming with the wiimote fine in all their other games, why screw it up with the shitty Gyro aiming?

>>320853656
Lizard things were arguably the worst offenders.
Completely immune to all damage except the correct swings when they do their taunts.
You can't even throw bombs at them.
They'll scurry away but even putting them in a no-win situation still has them walk away competely undamaged.
Which just serves to make bombs and by extension beetle even more useless.
>>
The only "problem" I had with the controls are a design choice - that I'm pissed they used the gryo for aiming instead of IR. Gyro aiming for arrows and such was just fucking stupid on Nintendo's part. Look at aiming arrows on the wii version of TP and then aim arrows on SS. TP is vastly superior.

Other than that I had zero issues with the controls. People that did are either complete idiots that can't set up their shit correctly or have broken hardware.
>>
>>320854319
If you're too stupid to realize you don't have to follow the meme of "wave your arms all over" and the game only requires wrist movements, then you're too stupid to play the game anyway. I literally had my hand resting on my leg throughout the entire game just moving my wrist around. Only 2 times I have to actually pick my hand up to do something: 1) roll bombs 2) skyward strike.

Wow those 4 seconds of movements every couple of hours throughout the game SURE IS TAXING.
>>
If anyone believes the controls are broken by design, just direct them to watch a speedrun. If the controls were broken down at the level of the game's actual function, then speedrunners would constantly be having to fight with them. But they don't.
>>
>>320855105
I don't understand why they thought gyro would be anywhere near superior to IR. IR was the best thing about the Wii.
>>
The controls themselves were not a problem. But the little simon-says metagaming that the enemies did were annoying.
>>
The only problem I had were sometimes the wiimote didn't pick up my swing and the gyro aiming on the bow and arrow. Turns out you have to actually swing tactically and not back and forth like a moron like in TP. So that problem went away fast. The gyro aiming is still retarded though.
>>
>>320850474
The controls were good, and it was nice playing a Zelda game that actually had an art to the combat system (similar to how TP actually required you to do special moves and not just spam B the whole time). It was a great game, but people just bash it and jump on the bandwagon and shit on the controls even though they worked perfectly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.