[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did Wii Sports succeed where this game failed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: large-2.jpg (135 KB, 1280x635) Image search: [Google]
large-2.jpg
135 KB, 1280x635
Where did Wii Sports succeed where this game failed?
>>
>>320847193
People give a fuck about sports and motion controls were fresh at the time.
People don't give a fuck about Nintendo and were busy with their smartphone games
>>
>>320847193
Casuals care about bowling, not a Donkey Kong crash course
>>
>>320847193
It only had 4 good minigames.

Mario Chase
Animal Crossing something something
Metroid Blast
Zelda Battle Quest

which were all really good but not enough on their own

still the best dedicated party game on wiiu
>>
Wii Sports could market itself as "healthy", and motion controls like that produced for the mass market was pretty enamoring. Also, Wii Sports was more competitive and could be played against friends/family.

Nintendoland is just a collection of shitty minigames. Most of them don't even need the gamepad.
>>
>>320847785
Donkey Kong Crash Course was breddy gud too.
>>
>>320847785
You're forgetting the Luigi's Mansion one, which is not really super balanced but is a lot of fun. And you're right, still the best Wii U party game.
The rest though, especially the single player ones, are mediocre to smartphone-game tier.
>>
>>320847193
Both are tech demos for their respective system, but Wii Sports was free with every Wii.
>>
>>320847976
Yeah I forgot about that but it's not really a multiplayer experience, and it only has two levels i think?

>>320848034
>Luigi's Mansion one
Damnit you're right
but i had difficulty getting my friends into it
kinda felt a little too complex and deep to get into when Mario Chase was just as fun and easy as fuck to understand
>>
Wasn't casual-proof enough.

The fucking shitshow that is the Mii select screen when playing with casuals should explain everything.
>>
>>320847193
I brought this game to a few normie parties. People seemed to like luigis mansion and Mario chase
>>
Luigi's Ghost Mansion is, bar none, the BEST Halloween party game.
>>
Are there any other good games that use the gamepads screen effectively like in luigis mansion?
>>
>>320847193
Motion controls are really fun despite what no coordination fatties think.
>>
>>320848564
Game&Wario has a couple good gamepad-based party games too. Mainly Sketch and Fruit
>>
>>320847785
>Pikmin Adventure
>Not good

go and stay go
>>
>>320847785
>the pikmin beatemup
>not fun

Anon you need to get your fun gauge checked.
>>
>they will never make a Nintendo World, to be the Wii Sports Resort to Nintendo Land's Wii Sports
>expanded content for all existing attractions + several new attractions based on other Nintendo properties like Kirby and StarFox etc
damn....
>>
>>320848687
>>320848721
nah
>>
CAUSE LOL YOU CAN WAGGLE A STICK MA

LOOK MA IT'S JUST LIKE REAL LIFE MA YOU CAN EVEN PLAY TENNIS

[MULTI-MILLION SALES INTENSIFIES]
>>
It wad just too shallow for what it was. I was bored after a week and just despised myself for making me feel like i was playing a shitty mobile phone game half the time.

Also, the gift of shitty mobile gaming is that theres always another million games to try, but Nintendo land only has these 10.

Who /pachinko/ here? That was FUCKING BEAST!
>>
>>320848624
this has some motion controls too tho
>>
>>320848825
I wouldn't put it past them to make more games in the classic tin toy box art style though. That's one of the best things about it.
>>
>>320847193
Wii Sports actually had cool mini-games in it.

There's a big difference between something that's good, and something that's bad.
>>
>>320849504
Nintendo Land is better than Wii Sports though. Luigi's Ghost Mansion is a better party game than anything on Wii Sports. Wii Sports was just more novel and the Wii had a 1000x better marketing campaign than WiiU did.
>>
>>320849936
It's not better. It's a bad concept for a single game (especially consideringit was bundled alot) because the buyer doesn't know what they're getting right out of the box.
>>
File: i.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
>>320848373
>The fucking shitshow that is the Mii select screen when playing with casuals should explain everything.
?
>>
What's /v/'s opinion on wii sport resort?
>>
>>320847193
They even removed it from the eshop because they had too many retail copies nobody wanted.

I sold mine that came with the bundle for like 6 dollars.
>>
I think the controller was just too big, and it was a mistake to think children especially would want to play with it.

The game itself was secondary to the controllers problem. Wii remote was easy to understand clearly.

As for 3d goggles and Sony/MS, they could easily havr the same problems Nintendo's had marketing the Wii U, and the visual issues of the AR 3DS games.
>>
You can tell Nintendo was optimistic thinking of fun and creative ways to use the controller.

But now in 2015 it seems like they gave up.
>>
>>320847193

Marketing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p7uJp25BlE
>>
>>320850916
good
>>
>>320847193
Motion controls were marvel and the game had a mass appeal since it was played with avatars.
Tablets are nothing new and Nintendoland was just Smash Bros-esque fanservice.
>>
File: 1450373935848.png (601 KB, 795x585) Image search: [Google]
1450373935848.png
601 KB, 795x585
>>320847193
>dat awesome zelda minigame
>fighting ridley AND kraid in the metroid game
>going co-op in the pikmin game
>luigi's mansion minigame
>going impossibly far in the balloon fight game
>getting hand cramps in the ninja star game
>all them collectibles that you can have out
>dat lighthearted mood with firewords and a time of day switch
>PACHINKO NIGGA
this game was fucking awesome
I bought it for 60 bucks and i regret nothing
>>
>tfw you sold this game for $20 on Amazon
>>
>>320847193
Anyone could waggle the Wii remote and compete against their family and friends.
>>
AC, Zelda, Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion are amazing drunk gaming party games though.
>>
>>320847193
It was an actual game.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.