[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2.8 million in matter of days Will this be the most successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 2.8 MILLION.jpg (299 KB, 1324x734) Image search: [Google]
2.8 MILLION.jpg
299 KB, 1324x734
>2.8 million in matter of days

Will this be the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever?
>>
>people are giving money to Schafer again
post yfw you realized this hobby is doomed
>>
File: 1387894890542s.jpg (13 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1387894890542s.jpg
13 KB, 250x237
>>320843738

I'm not buying it, not an investor, not really engaged in Schafer's products at all.

I couldn't care less.
>>
File: 1239998546214.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1239998546214.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>320843921
>>
>asking for 3.3 million as a cheeky 'take that' against the gamer gaters
>3.3 million wasn't enough to fund his last game, a comparatively simple adventure game

What a fucking idiot.
>>
Okay, so I'm going to be totally serious about my position on this "should I trust Tim Schafer?" issue. I know nobody asked for it, but I feel like I kind of have to say it.

I backed Double Fine Adventure and ultimately didn't enjoy it (it's not a bad game exactly, it just didn't fit the remit of a classic adventure game), I didn't back Massive Chalice, and I think the Space Base issues were handled very badly.

I'm still going to give money to Psychonauts 2. I've never played the first one, and I probably never will.

This year I had a beloved series of mine come back on Kickstarter to triple record-breaking success, and I saw a lot of people who had never played the series pledge because they wanted to see the fans of Shenmue get what they want.

That's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2 despite no connection for the series, or much love for Double Fine. I know there are lofty expectations, but in good faith at least based on the desire to do right by fans, I think if the game is funded it will turn out fine. Effectively, I want to thank any Psychonauts fans who helped make Shenmue III happen, by making Psychonauts 2 a thing.

I'm going to pledge not for Tim Schafer, but for the fans. I think they are the ones who will ultimately lose out if this doesn't happen. Tim and Double Fine will move on to another project, and that'll be that. The fans will get left in the dust thinking about what could have been, and that sucks.

So that's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2.
>>
>>320844059

Don't give a shit about the game but it'd help you look like less of a tool if you were more informed about how the funding process worked so you can shit on the campaign better.
>>
>>320844059

He's getting more money through other sources. I think they wanted something like, 12 million or I don't even know.

Those "other sources" aren't going to kick in until we give 3.3 million though. Which I'm going to laugh if the actual game doesn't sell because everyone who was interested already got a copy through the rewards, leaving the other 9 million dollars down the drain.
>>
>>320844108
i've seen this posted a dozen times already
>>
It's actually going pretty slow. I fully expected it to be over the goal in less a week after it started.
>>
>>320843738

man if people are dumb enough to throw money at that scam artist again it's their fault.
>>
For some reason this doesn't annoy me as much as Indivisible did.
>>
>>320843690
>Will this be the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever?
star citizen got $100 million
>>
>most successful crowdfunding campaign ever?
Of course not. There are campaigns that had well more than that in a month.

Not including the fact they extended the end date twice in the first few days, from the 7th, to the 9th, to the 12th.
Not including the fact DF owns a chunk of Fig and thus gets an extra cut of the "to the site host" fees.
Not including the fact Tim is a shit lord.
Not including the fact that I loved Psychonauts but honestly wish this would crash and burn.

I have to admit, Tim is a fucking genius when it comes to theft of large sums of money.
>>
>>320844108
>>320844265
Yeah, and the pasta was made purely to aggravate people. It's one of the most retarded reasons for donating to Schafer you could come up with.
>>
>>320844304

Kind of this. If they did this first instead of broken age, it probably would have been a lot more.

I'm just sad it made more than yooka laylee, that game really should have made more, I don't know why it seemed like everyone completely lost inerest in YL halfway through the campaign
>>
>>320844484
Indivisible annoyed everyone by making threads on /v/ 7x24x365, blaming people's lack of interest on the project on some tinfoil hat tier conspiracy and going as far as spamming Valkyrie Profile's youtube videos with Indivisible ads.
>>
Well at least they hopefully won't be complete retards with their money this time. No 100,000 dollars for a shitty documentary nobody watches, and if they spent money on stupid shit like expensive computers/office chairs, they hopefully won't have to buy that again
>>
>>320844604
sadly judging by the format it's probably copied from Reddit
>>
>>320843690
Psycho fund
>17000 backer
>2.800.000

Infundable
>30.000 backer
>1.500.000

something is fishy, is he get more money because its 60$ game? or rumor that he own the fundrising site itself?
>>
>>320845259

Is it a rumor? I was under the impression it was a fact.
>>
File: 1403300546359.jpg (174 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1403300546359.jpg
174 KB, 854x859
>>320843690
>people actually giving money to 3.3man
>>
>>320845259
>or rumor that he own the fundrising site itself?

He doesn't own it but he is on the advisory board. That's not a rumor they have it on the website

https://www.fig.co/about
>>
>>320845259
>filename
Also, if you'd bother to check the site before trying to bait, Avg. Wholesale will be $21 American, not $60.

Basically, copies will go for between $19 and $30 upon release depending on platform, location, and other such factors.
>>
>>320845259
>or rumor that he own the fundrising site itself
its not a rumor at all
https://www.fig.co/about scroll your ass down to advisory board
>>
>>320845259

I don't get how a sexy brown girl with nice legs and boobs is supposed to "trigger" me

like it triggers a boner I guess
>>
>>320844059
>as a cheeky 'take that' against the gamer gaters
What? Says where? How fucking paranoid are you people
>>
>>320845804
ikr he obviously calculated that 3.3 million was the exact amount of money he needed to ask for.
>>
>>320843690
>most successful

It's not even the most successful going on right now. Star Citizen just reached $100 million dollars in crowdfunding.

The most impressive part of this is the fact that people are willing to trust Tim Schafer with money after he's shat the bed a number of times when put in charge of a development budget.
>>
>>320845997
hasn't Star Citizen's crowdfunding campaign been going on for years?
>>
>>320843690
Thought he was cosplaying as hitler from the thumbnail.
>>
>>320845991
No, 3.3 million is an iconic value because it was what they got with the start of all this kickstarter bullshit. It has nothing to do with GG you tinfoiled faggot
>>
>>320844108
>I'm still going to give money to Psychonauts 2. I've never played the first one, and I probably never will.
This pasta was considered old the first time it was posted.
>>
>>320845259

i think someone said that the average amount is something like 200$

either san francisco people are insane, there are a bunch of investors who don't understand how investment work or there is something shady going on

or all 3 together

>>320845431

the owner of fig is someone who's previously worked for double fine and tim itself is on the advisory board,

if they didn't know their reputation hit rock bottom they might as well called the site "DOUBLE FINE CROWDFUNDING SITE" with a big flashing neon sign
>>
>>320846903

honestly i'm surprised it still hasn't been funded, i guess tim will have to bring the jew army the last week
>>
>>320845259
He's one of the founding members of the site, not the owner. He merely discussed potential profits for doing absolutely nothing with a rich backer.
>>
File: 1380067863646.jpg (61 KB, 599x773) Image search: [Google]
1380067863646.jpg
61 KB, 599x773
Ok so I know tim, how he runs a business, how he does not get shit done on time and within a budget, and I know how the cock sucker said I was a sock puppet. Fuck.Him. He's not getting my money.

however, I just beat psychonauts again with my wife last night and hnnnggg I want another so bad. I love the game and want another fun masterpiece but fuck him, you cannot shit on your audience and expect them to back you!
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6318800
>>
File: ItTakesVillageIdiot.jpg (54 KB, 687x504) Image search: [Google]
ItTakesVillageIdiot.jpg
54 KB, 687x504
>Tim Schafer, why should I give you more momey when you continually mismanage it
>Psychonauts
>>
Reminder that although Fig sells itself as an investing platform nowhere in the ToS it states its registered as an official broker and all money injected into it are considered donations with no obligation from Fig's part to give anything in return.
>>
>>320843690
People are giving him money again? Who the fuck is funding this?
>>
>>320849814
>People are giving him money again?
Gladly.
>>
>>320843690
So rather than do the smart thing and not give him any money people went with the "give him so much money that even after embezzling and mismanagement there's enough left over for a good game" option

while I like the story, world, and characters of Psychonauts it was lacking mechanically as a platformer.
>>
>>320844618
how is YL doing? any gameplay footage came out?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.