[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some great games like MG:R available for PC? I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
What are some great games like MG:R available for PC? I really enjoyed it, particularly the music.
>>
>>320839079

Devil May Cry 4
>>
>>320839238

Yeah, I have it installed and ready to go. I keep sitting down to play it, but not having enough time the next week and end up forgetting the controls so restart. Done it three times so far.
>>
>>320839079
jet set radio

also MG:R is trash
>>
>>320839347

MG:R is probably my second favourite MG game after MGS1, sorry to disagree.
>>
>>320839518
>he actually enjoys that broken combat system
how?
its literal trash
>>
>>320839648

It was fun.
>>
If you like MGR:R, you might enjoy Transformers: Devastation. Transformers is made by the same team, but it's not worth a full $50 price tag. You should pick it up, at most, for $30 if you'll replay it as many times as the game wants you to.
>>
>>320839079
>particularly the music.
How old are you?
>>
>>320839939

Yeah, I was gonna pick it up during a Steam sale. I actually liked Legend of Kora too.

But I really enjoyed the presentation of MG:R as well as the satisfying combat. I've not played many games with music as effective and part of the gameplay as that.
>>
>>320840104

29 and married with two kids

u?
>>
>>320840170
Oh yes, MGR is great with that. Transformers has a great soundtrack too - though probably not as great as Revengeance. It was co-composed by the composer of the 80's movie, if you like that at all.
>>
>>320840481

Cool, I just liked what Platinum sell and really enjoyed how they handled music in MG:R especially during boss fights. I never really saw that done so well in games consistently before.

I even enjoyed the Avatar game they made, even if it was super shallow.
>>
There is cuhrayzee general on vg, you should check that out.
Also for such games just get a console man really. You won't find that many slashers (or whatever it's called nowadays) on PC, and music tied into gameplay? It's japanese approach, and japanese don't release many games to pc (except for eroge of course). Vanquish, bayonetta, ninja gaiden - just the hottest names out of the top of my head, and it's not available on pc.
>>
>>320840794

It seems like most of them are exclusives though, I just can't justify buying consoles anymore as they collect dust for most of the year.

I hope Vanquish gets a port since it's Sega who seem to be doing PC stuff now.
>>
>>320839238
Is it playable with keyboard and mouse?
>>
>>320841442

I dunno, I use a controller for single player games. I have a big ass projector media room so keyboard and mouse is out for me.
>>
>>320841442
I played it that way, didn't have gamepad back then, it was fine, but I suppose gamepad would be better.

>>320841103
Vanquish is kinda old so I'm not sure it will ever get ported. Just buy some used console man, it's really cheap, I mean last gen btw, not enough games on current gen yet to justify it, or emulate ps2 and others on your pc, you really won't find many fun games like that on pc.
>>
>>320840574
Do you have a 360? You should play every platinum game.
>>
>>320839347
kys lmao you're a scrub jet set radio is trash
>>
>>320841878
>>320841920

I had Vanquish, I honestly just found it unplayable since it kept dropping to 25fps. Sega said they're releasing old ports, so w/e thats the only way I'm gonna play it.
>>
File: smuganimeface.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
smuganimeface.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>>320840104
>Not liking butt rock in an action game
Come on, anon, no need to be embarrassed.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.