[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stefan Molyneux is the Fable guy right? So he runs a YouTube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x400
Stefan Molyneux is the Fable guy right? So he runs a YouTube channel when he is not making the game?
>>
>>320838410
Please be bait.
>>
is he the guy who complained about physicists for not making phones
>>
>>320838410
7/10
>>
>>320838410
Is this the guy who trashes on college because he failed the initial exams or something?
ayy, all these pseudo-intellectual vloggers are drop outs, can't be a coincidence
>>
>>320838517
I think that's hideo kojima
>>
>>320838517
yes, also you should cut all contact with your non-anarchoclappitalist friends and family because they literally want the government to shoot you
>>
>>320838410
You fucking idiot. Thats Rod Howard the developer of fallout 1 and fallout 2.
>>
>>320838410
OP's b8 aside, why does this guy attract so much shitposting?
I get it that libertarianism does that for you, but I see this guy much more often than anyone else.
>>
>>320838721
Makes sense, why would you want to be friends with people who want to shoot you. All praise the Prophet Molyneux.
>>
Why is everyone called ''Molyneux'' such a fucking hack?
Is it like a family curse or something?
>>
>>320838410
I like some of his videos about current events but he is a literal madman with stupid political views and a cult fanbase.
>>
>>320839531
>literal madman with stupid political views and a cult fanbase
literally every vlogger ever
>>
File: 5yEKK1c.jpg (15 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
5yEKK1c.jpg
15 KB, 283x424
>>320838410
>Ask... Your friends... "Do you support... megettingshot?"
>Because if you support... Megettingshot...
>...SHOT
>Then why... Should you be a part of my life?
>...if your family... your friends... do not support... yougettingshot... then only the FREE STATE can be the logical solution to the problem.
>The FREEEEEEE MARKEEEETTT... will fix the problem of your FRIENDS... wanting you shot.
>And if they say otherwise... well... that's not an argument.
>Thanks I'm Stefan Molyneux with free domain radio, please donate.
>>
>>320839531
>Not an argument
>>
>>320839531
How are his political views stupid?
I'm legit curious, people tend to just call him a cult leader/creepy and call it a day.
I always filed off libertarianism as just another weird American/Western bit of ideology but he does make a convincing case for it.
>>
>>320839182
Yes
>>
>>320838410
>that video of him panhandling for donations trying to persuade the viewer that it is their duty to give him money for watching his videos
>>
>>320839979
His views are so very detached from reality.
You'd think he is a 15-year old who just found out about the concept of libertarianism.
>>
>>320839531
he's such a mansplainer.
>>
>>320843471
>His views are so very detached from reality.
Again, how so?
>>
File: 1449599047130.jpg (72 KB, 290x355) Image search: [Google]
1449599047130.jpg
72 KB, 290x355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukLbPDUAUY
>>
File: 1426362911877.png (89 KB, 408x534) Image search: [Google]
1426362911877.png
89 KB, 408x534
>>320838410
>typified by obnoxious ingratiating smiles
>preachy and insists upon self, does not acknowledge validity of nuance or dissent
>awful fanbase
>plagiarizes ideas from everywhere without acknowledging debts
>seems to be a "freaking genious!!!" because fanbase is too young and/or uncultured to know a ripoff when they see it
>>
>>320843735
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilFbbk9jw4
Say what you will, the guy does make some pretty damn good videos.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTcv3OJIcuY
>>
File: 1420857935218.jpg (49 KB, 463x387) Image search: [Google]
1420857935218.jpg
49 KB, 463x387
>>320843681
you aren't going toget a response, baby bird brains like the guy you quoted do this on stefans videos too, they just make assertions without ever making an argument.
>>
>>320843681
>Again, how so?
It means that his ideas and what he is suggesting is good in theory, they fall apart when put into real-life context.

Examples:
>Paying taxes should be voluntary.
Put into reality: Nobody will pay taxes.
>Companies and the free market can police itself, there is no need for regulation.
Put into reality: They won't.

End result of putting these ideas into practice is a non-working society.
>B-but muh freedumz.

These ideas are so stereotypical of the 15-year old basement dweller libertarian that knows nothing about how the world actually works.

Also.
Hes gone full Elliot Rogers on several occasions
The guy is a pure bred pseudo intellectual retard.
And his fans are the insufferable15-year olds I mentioned earlier.
>>
>>320838813
Because he tried to run a cult and partially succeeded.
>>
>>320848502
>Put into reality: Nobody will pay taxes.
People and businesses give plenty to charity and fund projects they find valuable. They pour even more money into things they find or think profitable.

Stefan's point on the topic is not HOW taxation should be performed anyway, but rather that it is morally wrong because it initiates the use of force.
Anything funded by taxes can also be funded by the free market (far less wastefully while at it), by people who actually want that thing funded. And if your taxes are being spent on things you don't want or which are bad for you then surely being forced to pay for them is a bad thing.

>Put into reality: They won't.
If sensible and intelligent business people for their own long term benefit and protection of their own assets are so incapable of regulating themselves, what makes you think that a 9 to 5 lazy slob of a government employee who doesn't actually give a shit would do a better job regulating other people whose productivity does not affect him or anything he cares about?
If the European Union's myriad of bullshit and pointless, arbitrarily enforced regulations show anything, it's that detached bureaucrats are probably worse than no regulation whatsoever.

>Hes gone full Elliot Rogers on several occasions
Care to post the video where he does that?
>>
>>320844850
>Le mad anti-natalist man
>>
File: 1352318996533.jpg (115 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1352318996533.jpg
115 KB, 800x640
>How do I pronounce
>Molyneux
>>
I'm pretty sure that the only properly sourced and well argued content Stefan Molyneux has ever produced is his stuff on corporeal punishment of children.

In every other topic he's basically the secular version of the old-timey doomcaller, he keeps predicting that the end of Western civilization is two weeks away.
>>
>>320839979
He finds a way to make government the source of the problem for everything, even when there are other factors in play that complicate matters. It's the kind of ideology that late teens early 20s young men gravitate to.
>>
>>320850674
>He finds a way to make government the source of the problem for everything, even when there are other factors in play that complicate matters
Well does he succeed in pointing out how government interference/ineptitude/anti-business behaviour/debasement of currency/amassed debt/grabbing power and bribing the masses while failing to plan or even begin to give a shit about the common good are at the root of the problem?
In most of the problems he tends to make videos about those ARE the big problems, and everything else is side stuff that merely, as you put it, complicate matters, therefore they are only of secondary concern.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.