[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Max Payne 3 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: GLUUUUUUE.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
GLUUUUUUE.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
What did you think, /v/?
>>
>>320831012

Best TPS in terms of gameplay, worst story in the series and a very boring setting, The New Jersey parts were the best in the whole game.
>>
Fantastic game.

Has the best TPS mechanics out there but the obnoxious amount of cutscenes and the inability to skip them prevented it from becoming a classic.
>>
2>3>1
>>
Great TPS game but bad Max Payne game
GOAT score
>>
>>320831012
I honestly thought it was great up until the final mission where you had to shoot at a plane with a grenade launcher, it seemed too OTT for a max payne game
Still a solid 7.5/10 though, the music, gameplay, and voice acting are all top notch
>>
Great game, some of the best shooting mechanics in a game. Cut scenes have some rather cringey moments (Max shitting on the douchey club scene seemed like pandering more than anything) but overall the story isn't bad.

/v/ is just too dumb to understand it and assumed they were kidnapping people to only make glue from them.

>>320831173
2 still has the best slow motion mechanics, they're perfect and no other game does them the same way.
>>
>>320831425

> it seemed too OTT for a max payne game

Anon the first game ended with Max dropping a Radio Tower on a helicopter on the top of a high rise.
>>
Running and gunning feels great, when they let you do it.

The cutscenes are bad enough, but those slow-mo scripted sequences where Max rides on a cart or swings on a rope are the absolute worst. Stranglehold may not have been a great game, but at least it respected players enough to let them control when to do those kinds of things.
>>
>>320831665

>when they let you do it.

I'll never understand this. Shoot dodging makes you INVICIBLE

Just don't run and gun when you can't shoot dodge to cover.

MP3 is one of the few shooters in a long time that was actually challenging.
>>
Excellent third person shooter mechanics ruined by overblown cutscenes that aren't skippable enough and shitty cliched bits like the boat turret segment.
>>
>>320831125
>very boring setting
>likes the NJ sections
>>
>>320831012
Great game, great mechanics.

Best gameplay in the series, but worst story.
>>
>>320831665
stranglehold is a great game though
>>
It was shit.
Fuckloads of gameplay bugs on release, it was horribly optimized (not even joking, Minecraft-tier textures while running at ~24 FPS at max settings on my high end PC), cutscenes every 10 seconds, no graphic novel cutscenes, DLC, pre-order bonuses, ect, ect...
The game had a few good TECHNOLOGY moments, but that's about it.
>>
>>320832757

Anon, there's no need to shitpost lies about a several year old game.
>>
>>320832383

You don't understand anon... In NJ you see how Max lives, even his crazy neighbor has more character than any of the faggots in Brazil, also the reason it is better is because Max has a reason to fight through Jersey just like every time before but now he could have walked away at any second and leave the mess that he shouldn't have been involved in the first place.
>>
>>320831012
Good game
>>
I liked it. Max was amazing, every line was gold. Some of the best gameplay and animations in third person shooters. Story was OK with some dumb points. My only major gripe is the cutscenes.
>>
Great game with gameplay that screams replayability but presentation that absolutely discourages it.
>>
In my top 3 games of all time. I loved absolutely everything about it.

OST was God tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjy3o2wZATc
>>
>>320831012
amazing mechanics, one of the best TPS of last gen.

story was only okay, even though every line Max delivered was solid gold.

ending gave some proper closure to the character, which, as a long time fan of the series, i really did appreciate.
>>
The shooting was good and the story was okay. I liked the setting, it's not one you see very often in AAA games. However, I'll never play through it again because the game has absolutely no flow. You watch 5 minutes of cutscenes, fight two waves of bad guys, watch seven minutes of cutscenes, fight another two waves (it's always two waves) through the entirety of the game.
>>
>>320833465
Don't forget James McCaffrey.

Great performance.
>>
>>320834314
Dude should have won an Oscar if they could nominate video games. I've looked everywhere for a way to contact him or his agent, I'd love to talk with him and his work, get into his head you know?

He's incredibly "under the radar".
>>
>>320831173
holy fuck. this right here
>>
>>320834314
Someone needs to remake the Max Payne movie and cast James McCaffery as Max.
>>
>>320831012
I played it right after watching some movie (forgot name) about BR Police forces fighting drug gangs in favelas. It was dope.
>>
File: ray.jpg (38 KB, 790x444) Image search: [Google]
ray.jpg
38 KB, 790x444
>>320834480
Only problem is that he's not enough of a name to carry a movie like that. I'd want him, but no way would a studio take him.

If they needed a legit star, I'd say Colin Farrell in Ray Velcoro mode, with the stipulation that he work on his American accent.
>>
The best TPS ever made.
>>
>>320834683
Just as long as it isn't Marky Mark again.
>>
>>320831012
>>>320831149
Gameplay is solid
>Story was meh
>>
Great visuals
GOAT OST
Plays really nice, guns feel awesome
Story had some holes, but felt engaging

No graphic novellas
A bit too much cutscenes
AI could be better
Boat section was dumb, over the top and boring as well as any other scene when you shoot unlimited weapons at waves of enemies

A proper sequel that expands on previous games, does a new setting and succeeds holding up standards set by previous entries in a franchise.
>>
File: 1350482587121.png (287 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
1350482587121.png
287 KB, 512x368
>>320833445
Fuck you.

I still listen to this song.

I fucking hate video game soundtracks, I think only autists listen to them outside of video games.

But every half a year or so I put this track on and start picturing a sunset on a secluded beach in Panama just to escape my shitty fucking job with my shitty fucking girlfriend and just start life fresh.

This soundtrack is my hidden treasure. Nobody knows about it.

I frequently play it on long drives home.

I cant fucking describe the feeling it brings in me. It's too fucking good. Whomever designed this is a shitting genius.

All I want is a wonky little bar in the middle of nowhere, a sun bed and a strong local drink to sip on while I reflect on my fucking life and all the decisions I took along the way while staring into the mellow sunset.

That's all. Give me this and I can die the next day with no regrets.

Fuck whoever composed this garbage. The novelty never fucking wears off, it's stuck with me ever since I played Max Payne 3 on release day. Every fucking time is like the first time listening.

Every note. Everything about is perfect.

Fuck me sideways.
>>
>>320835547
Cool blog, bro. Where can I subscribe?
>>
Story
1 > 2 > 3
Gameplay
3 > 1 > 2
Overall
2 > 3 >1
I don't undertand why I feel like this either
>>
>>320835547
How the fuck does music like this help you escape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWCklQv_yUo

I just feel depressed listening to it.
>>
Max oversells so fucking hard on some lines in 3
>You're stealing their OOOOORRGAAAANS
>>
>>320835547
It says that the soundtrack was done by Health. You don't need to keep asking who made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PQDF39sr8
>>
File: 1373785235450.jpg (10 KB, 200x314) Image search: [Google]
1373785235450.jpg
10 KB, 200x314
>yfw https://youtu.be/zEH_LSL4rVw
>>
>>320835830
>I KNOW EVURYTHENG
I love it. I'd rather have overselling than underselling, and Mcaffery has such a nice voice.
>>
>>320835830
That's more of Rockstar's fault with their sub par writing.
>>
>>320835547
> I think only autists listen to them outside of video games

I think people who care where a song comes from are the real autists
>>
>>320836001
Oh yeah, I think it's great too. The difference between his inner monologue and how he actually talks in also great.
>monologue
>So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a killer. Some rent-a-clown with a gun who puts holes in other bad guys. Well that's what they had paid for, so in the end that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry gringo without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to execute this poor bastard like some dime store angel of death and I realized they were correct, I wouldn't know right from wrong if one of them was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister...
>actual dialogue
>I DON'T SPEAK YOUR FUCKING LANGUAGE!
>I KNOW EH VER EE THANG
>I DON'T FUCKIN' KNOW
>WITH A LIMP

>>320836095
Did they even try to get Lake to write this one?
>>
>>320833445
What? Did a 14 year old make the ost with just a keyboard mouse and fruity loops? Awful
>>
>>320836442
Sam Lake was a story consultant for MP3. It was even his idea for Max to shave his head to symbolize change.
>>
>>320836334
tbqf listening to just audio with nothing else to it no vocals and no catchy rhythm is pretty autistic

music like that is designed to build atmosphere in a very certain place in a very certain time

not while youre shitposting on v or working
>>
>>320836572
>he doesn't listen to ambiance
Next you'll say you don't listen to Merzbow either.
>>
>>320835864
got love this song but i still think late goodbye is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuFmGxMcZI
>>
>>320831173
>3
>better than 1
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>320831012
I liked it, hoping for Max Payne 4, but the fuck is getting too old.
>>
>>320838048
Set it in between 2 and 3.
There was still a big gap between the events of both games.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.