[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've tried to play this game. But I hate it. It is just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Jade Empire.png (235 KB, 256x374) Image search: [Google]
Jade Empire.png
235 KB, 256x374
I've tried to play this game. But I hate it. It is just a chore to get through the combat sections.
I saw that this was an example of how great Bioware was before the Mass Effect ending, but... the dialogue in this game is way worse.
Fight me, I guess.
>>
You can fuck both the first chick and the ninja chick
>>
>>320819558
Had some arguably fun moments but uhhh, it feels like a kid rpg. Never finished, but from what I played its Avatar rpg with black n white choices and really cliche party members.
>>
>>320819558
>the dialogue in this game is way worse.

How?
>>
>>320819678
I think I met the ninja chick of which you speak. She just dropped in after some fight and expositioned. But then I just went on doing what I was doing. So no real point.
>>320819687
Yeah, it's very black and white. More so than other bioware games, I think. You must follow the way of either Closed Fist, where you murder everything... or you follow the way of the open palm
>>
One of Bioware's top 5 games imo tbqh fampai
>>
>>320819870
Have you played Jade Empire? The dialogue is just awful. It is the worst. Even pardoning the voice acting.
>>
>>320819924
I honestly prefer Bioware's new morality system to their older shit, because it'jjs more self aware. All their stories involve you basically saving the world, at least now you can be an angry no fucks giving badass while at it instead of completely out of place evil guy killing people for no reason at all.
>>
>>320819959
But.... but why?
>>
File: 1400342301616.jpg (228 KB, 1024x1320) Image search: [Google]
1400342301616.jpg
228 KB, 1024x1320
>>320820009
I'm asking because I don't remember it being particularly bad or at least not in ways that I wouldn't have already expected from a bioware game.
>>
Don't bother, this is easily Biowares worst game pre-EA. For some reason it has a lot of defenders on /v/. I literally beat the whole game just flipping over people and kicking them in the back. Only enemy that didn't work on was the ghosts that shoot tracking projectiles.
>>
>>320820209
You are not me. This is not a Bioware vs Obsidian thread. I just want to know if Jade Empire gets good enough to continue it. It has really let me down so far.
>>
>>320819687
>>320819924

>Black and White
Not entirely. A lot of decision do come down to being good or evil, but some just revolve around extreme darwinism. Even one of the closed fisted endings has you rule over a golden age where the people are happy.

It's pretty weird how inconsistent it is actually.
>>
>>320820009

I have and I don't recall having any bad reactions to the dialogue or voice acting. The combat being unfun I might understand but it boils down to finding one fighting style you like and using it.
>>
>>320820292
FUCK that is what made me want to make the thread. The ghosts that shoot the green tracking things. They hit you even if you jump over them.
The game told me I could dodge shit, so that is what I am going to try to do. Fuck blocking.
>>
>>320820171
Their morality system never works. Renegade/paragon was the most paranoid shit ever. First of all negative answers took the place of where renegade lines are usually positioned, giving it a negative connotation. Even when it filled its role it was often needlessly aggressive. And even apart from that it just doesnt work. Paragon is the "no man left behind" pick while renegade is "whatever the cost" however renegade just isnt useful in a game situation. Normally you sacrifice things you care about to make sure the ulterior problem is solved. Like shooting rex. However since paragon also needs to win at the end these sacrifices are for naught. Being a good guy still makes you win and you get to save rex.

A good example is in 2 with zaeed. You can go with him to kill his buddy, or you can save people. But if you save people he still stays, meanwhile in a realistic situation sacrificing those guys to make sure zaeed sticks with you and is loyal to you is more important. And the worst part is that that mission is actually one of the better renegade/paragon moments since it is distinct and not just different words to get the same
>>
>>320820417
>This is not a Bioware vs Obsidian thread

It isn't but I was using the exaggerated example in the pic to illustrate that I don't remember anything particularly bad about Jade Empire in comparison to other Bioware dialogue all of their stuff was a bit corny with a general lack of grayness. This also hasn't changed over time in fact it solidified in Mass Effect. Dragon Age has some other issues, but i won't get into that nonsense for now.
>>
>>320820512

Then block.
>>
>>320820423
Ah, I see. That's neat that it has different endings. Maybe it has some actual interesting choices along the way.
>>320820473
The voice acting is terrible, but that doesn't kill a game for me.
The combat is awful. Toad demons can just do whatever they want. I picked Legendary Strike! which I have to hear my character say every time I switch back to it
>>
>>320820702
But the block is so fucking slow to come up.
>>
>>320820826

So are their attacks.
>>
>>320820669
At least in ME you're a good guy no matter what, while in most of their other titles you're either a raging randumb psychopath or Jesus, no middle ground.
>>
>>320820754
>Toad demons can just do whatever they want.
Yea, the toad and elephants are pretty bullshit. Toads because they have sweeping attacks that can continue while turning. Elephant because they like no flinch animation and little recovery time.

Death's Hand is also a pain if you can't outrange him.
>>
>>320821018
Toad demons are what made me think I want to quit it. I picked the style that said it could interrupt most attacks or something. Then the toad demons can just swing their fucking fat arms at me and I lose half of my health.
>>
>>320820891

My issue with Jade Empire isn't that it's portrayal of open palm and closed fist are good and evil, it's just that it's widely inconsistent and a bit rigid at time.

Like one closed fist choice is a guy in the first town advises you to keep the river low so that people in the town have to adapt and get stronger themselves. The decision is cruel but not outright evil as the intention is to get people to fix things themselves instead of relying on others.

Another closed fist choice is to trick people into going to the cannibal inn because fuck them. That's straight up evil.
>>
>>320821990

As for rigid, I'm mainly talking about how you deal with Death's Hand if you win the optional fight. The choices come down to basically release his spirit (open palm) or bind him to your will as your tool (closed fist). That's fine for standard Bioware, but where it all gets fucked up is there's a middle dialogue option where you berate the guy for his involvement and tell him that you want to keep him around as punishment so he's forced to redeem himself, but that's still treated as a purely closed fisted action even though the argument itself is sound and can come across as open palm.
>>
>>320821990
Or just about any quest. Closed fist would mean you dont do a thing and tell them to solve it themselves, not do it for them and be a dick about it.
>>
>>320822247
Those situations really just show how broken morality system in Bioware games is. Even when there are no outright good or evil options, they're still presented as such.
>>
>>320819558
If you can't even play Jade empire, just stop you fucking underage
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.