[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What controllers to be used on a Windows machine are /v/ approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Controller.png (61 KB, 490x351) Image search: [Google]
Controller.png
61 KB, 490x351
What controllers to be used on a Windows machine are /v/ approved? I have been considering an Xbox 360 or One controller, are they durable? My understanding is that they use Xinput, will I run into compatibility issues with DirectInput? Is the Logitech controller just a piece of shit?
>>
It seems to me like xinput is basically the standard since 360 era. Pretty much everything supports Xbox controllers; I've been using a wired 360 controller for a long time and have never run into problems.

The only flaw with the 360 one is that the d-pad is bad for fighting games specifically, but the Xbox One controller fixes that. I only got an XB1 one recently though, so I can't technically speak about its durability.
>>
>>320820082
Thanks for the advice. I was more concerned about compatibility for older games, but now that I think about it most of the older games I play are emulated and the emulators generally support Xinput.
>>
Is the elite worth it, or should I just get a regular xb1 controller?
>>
File: 1450132492219.png (2 MB, 1498x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450132492219.png
2 MB, 1498x1200
I just ordered a Dualshock 4 for PC vidya

seems to work well with those DS4windows drivers
>>
>>320820082
Its easy to get around something not being xinput. I still don't know why they made xinput though if not to try to force people to buy xbox controllers for PCs.

I'ld blow a load for a Wii U Pro controller with a circle dpad and analogue triggers.
>>
>>320820692
>Circle dpad
Who the fuck actually wants this? The 360s was so bad it's unbelievable.
>>
I've been using the Xbone controller for a year now, and and it's still good as new. It's also probably the most comfy controller I've ever used.

>>320820082
Seconding what this guy is saying, never had compitability issues with it.
>>
>>320820773
Circle as in like Sega not the 360, as in one better for thumb rolls.

I don't even consider the 360 to have a dpad.
>>
>>320818608
steam controller
>>
How big is the xb1 controller? Only controller that ever felt comfortable in my hands was the Xbox HUEG controller.
>>
I've had a wired 360 controller for literally 10 years with no issues
>>
>>320820992
i guess mine was faulty. it lasted barely 2 years. buttons work fine but one day playing mgs v, snake suddenly moves left continuously. shit happened on all my other games too. guess something internally broke with the main left stick causing but i was never rough with the controller or dropped it.
>>
>>320821872
You should be able to find a tool somewhere (not sure where. Could be in the actual controller settings or some 3rd party tool, it's been forever since I've had to do it) to increase the deadzone to fix that problem.
>>
>>320821995
software might fix it? cool i'll look into that. i tried to have a go at opening the control myself with a screwdriver but i don't have one that matches the screw type. gave up on that
>>
File: not-a-smart-man.jpg (71 KB, 251x356) Image search: [Google]
not-a-smart-man.jpg
71 KB, 251x356
I'm gonna' need some spoonfeeding here: what exactly is the difference between a Nintendo d-pad and a non-Nintendo d-pad that everyone seems to be blowing their load over?
>>
I bought a wired 360 controller and it's been plug and play for any game I wanted to use it on.
>>
File: 1449120877732.png (247 KB, 399x549) Image search: [Google]
1449120877732.png
247 KB, 399x549
How long is the 360 wire in meters? My pc is pretty far away from my comfy cough.
>>
I don't get why everyone care so much about the d-pad on controllers.

I mean, isn't the ultimate d-pad a fucking keyboard?
>>
>>320822697
Pretty long, I think it's around 3m.
>>
>>320818608
Xbox 360 controller is good because it auto assigns pre-determined buttons intended by the developers.
>>
>>320822560
>difference between a Nintendo d-pad and a non-Nintendo d-pad
Former is for ages 14 and up, latter is for children up to and including 12 years of age. oh, and choking hazards apply.
>>
>I have been considering an Xbox 360 or One controller, are they durable?
Yes.
>My understanding is that they use Xinput, will I run into compatibility issues with DirectInput?
No, the input will automatically be converted to DirectInput for DInput games.
>>
>>320820629
Tell me more about it. Also i have a ps3 controller. Does it work for PC? Sorry im still noob for PC stuff.
>>
File: 1449412659306.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1449412659306.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>320822797

yeah im just gonna put my controller down and use my keyboard instead of the d-pad
>>
>>320822560
Nintendo mastered that shit a long time ago. Other than the Gamecube, which was simply too small and in a poor location, they're always comfortable and precise. They're not the only good ones (the Saturn 2D controller is another held in high regard, particularly by fighting game fans, as is the Neo-Geo Pocket's micro-switch stick) but they set the standard and have met it more consistently than anyone else.
>>
>>320818608
Why do you keep making this thread asking the same questions after they have been answered many times ?
>>
File: scared.png (1 MB, 1332x712) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
1 MB, 1332x712
>>320818608
Anon here's the deal.

I bought a 360 wired controller and it worked great for the few times I actually used it.

Suddenly around a year into it will not work, blinks, stops working. Something moves internally when I shake it. I barely used it for more than 10 hours total I'd say.

However, the One controller has issues as well. You can only play on pc with it connected via charging wire.

This is fine except that it's usb, so if you drop it the wrong way or pull on it wrong it will break and you will need to replace it. I've read many 2 and 3 star reviews stating this is the only problem.

360 controller is half the price. Personally I'm going for a 360 controller again because I suspect my first one was a dud, and I'm used to the design, you may be different.

I just started emulating and I absolutely need a new controller for it. Before that I thought I may never get one again.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.