[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Wii U fail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: wii_u_iwata.jpg (240 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wii_u_iwata.jpg
240 KB, 960x720
Why did the Wii U fail?
>>
File: Jesus.png (595 KB, 708x2012) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.png
595 KB, 708x2012
>>320816391
>>
horrible name
>>
it didn't fail

it was merely born a failure, don't laugh
>>
Didn't know it's audience
Failed to deliver at moments it really needed to.
Little to no support.
Forced gadget that brought the whole system down.
Releasing a 2006 console with early 2000 hardware in 2012.
It's not that hard, OP
>>
HHEHEEHE DA KIDDIES LIKEA DUH TABLETS LETTUCE MAKE A TABLET WE GUNNA EVEN CALL IT WII AGAEN GONNA MAKEUH SO MUCHA MUNNIE

Oh. Oh no. What the fuck is going on? Oh fuck noooooooooooooooooooo!
>>
Bad name, bad marketing, NoA is a fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>320816391
It was a shit product. The better question is have they learned from Wii U's failure, or will they repeat it next time?
>>
I'm pretty sure nobody even knew it was their next tier of console.
>>
File: 1342506783461.jpg (32 KB, 284x226) Image search: [Google]
1342506783461.jpg
32 KB, 284x226
Want to know why they call them sonyggers?
Because when their Dad goes out to buy PS4 games, he doesn't come back
>>
The gimmick was too much of a selling point for it.

Leave the dual screen tablet shit alone and focus on the hardware Nintendo
>>
>>320816391
Consumers are retarded.

90% of the reasons anyway
>>
>>320816391
the stupid name
no games for almost an entire year
>>
>>320816674
>Nintendo
>learning from mistakes

Lol
>>
It's so insane how a simple name change could have made Nintendo millions in extra profit.

Imagine if the system was called the Nintendo Unity instead of Wii U. It'd get so much more sales.
>>
>>320816391
Terrible reveal and advertising that made people think it was an accessory for the Wii
>>
It was made with under powered hardware, and the tablet/controller idea was fucking terrible. It was almost as bad as the motion controls the Wii had. It could've been good, but Nintendo goes cheap and ends up with a middle solution that's just shitty and not fun for developers to use

Also, the name is dumb as fuck. The Wii U? Nintendo has proven with their last two big releases that they don't know what the fuck is going on anymore. Parent's don't know the difference between the Wii U and Wii. It just sounds like an add on

Not to mention the stupid idea to name their newest 3ds the "new" 3ds. Parents don't know what the fuck all that means, and just think it's a new 3ds instead of used or some shit

2ds/3ds/3dsxl/ New 3ds/ New 3ds xl

It's a joke. The NX is going to be just as bad until the higher ups all kill over at Nintendo.
>>
File: v pretending to care.webm (3 MB, 848x604) Image search: [Google]
v pretending to care.webm
3 MB, 848x604
>>
They are trying to sell it as some kinda kids toy.
>>
Because they didn't really know what to do with it and just released a new console because they felt like it was that time again.
They could have rekt sony and ms so hard if they had released a moderately powerful x86 console in 2012
>>
File: 1405202004584.gif (107 KB, 175x131) Image search: [Google]
1405202004584.gif
107 KB, 175x131
>>320816971
Is it just me or was there like barely any advertisements for the Wii U on television?

I mean I barely watch TV now but I recall never ever seeing ads for the actual console itself.
>>
So many of you guys are talking specs... Completely forgetting that specs didn't play a roll in the wii's success.

Consumers are dumb and couldn't figure out what the system even was. They're idiots.

Anyone who bought a ps4 or xbone instead is also an idiot.

Brain dead consumers. That's the problem.
>>
>>320817032
Jokes on them. Kids play on ipads and ps4s.
>>
>>320816974
Nintendo also has no clue about proper online functionality. Nintendo network and miiverse are so fucking heavy handed.
>>
>>320817121
>Completely forgetting that specs didn't play a roll in the wii's success.

Didn't the Wii come out like a year before everything else in that generation?
>>
Too expensive
>>
>>320817156

this. manchildren play on nintendo. seems there are not enough manchildren to support a console
>>
File: yamauchi.jpg (207 KB, 660x493) Image search: [Google]
yamauchi.jpg
207 KB, 660x493
Anybody that mentions the "underpowered" hardware as a reason has an IQ under 50. Plenty of systems have been successful with underpowered hardware.

The real reason, of course, is the range of games. Which didn't know whether it was casual or hardcore. It certainly failed at being both.
>>
>>320817121
But it's pretty obvious that another gimmick system wasn't the way to go after the Wii.
>>
>>320817186

Fucking this.

Nintendo has the worst account system I have ever seen.

Sony literally crush them in terms of account systems.

None of that leave your console on over night and charge them both infrared speed data transfers.
>>
>>320817121

>didn't play any role

it obviously did with some people if it's being mentioned so much. Specs nowadays are a big deal since the lack of power turns developers away from the console.

Also, the consumers aren't as brain dead as they have so much shit going on in their life. Nintendo tries to appeal to the casual audience which doesn't spend much time on gaming sites or reading up on the info. Why the fuck would they turn around and name their new consoles something so generic that it sounds like an upgrade to confuse their consumers? It's just bad business.
>>
>>320816674
They won't. Kimishima said in an interview the only problem he saw with the WiiU was the he was skeptical it would sell as well as the Wii. He didn't take any issue with the console itself.
>>
Nintendo needs to start putting games on pc

pc pokemon
pc zelda
pc smash bros

= infinite moneys for nintendo how hard is it to realise pc is the way to go
>>
Meme controller.
>wii is a casual family-friendly console
>wii u has a kind of classic controller with a thumb stick, that
>wii u cannot break free of the wii image
>dudebros don't want the console, it isn't serious enough
>families don't want the console, it's too dudebro for them
Appealed to everyone and noone at the same time.
>>
>>320817186

This is true too. Nintendo can't get into online after Microsoft has had it since the original xbox. The original xbox live works better than the horse shit they set up
>>
File: 1407809155152.png (326 KB, 393x394) Image search: [Google]
1407809155152.png
326 KB, 393x394
>>320817401
>Kimishima said in an interview the only problem he saw with the WiiU was the he was skeptical it would sell as well as the Wii. He didn't take any issue with the console itself.

When is this guy going to get fired?
>>
File: nintendo console sales.png (86 KB, 870x748) Image search: [Google]
nintendo console sales.png
86 KB, 870x748
Wii was a fluke
Nintendo home console sales have been dying for a long time
>>
>>320817276
some people only judge a system by it's graphical capabilities, and when compared to the xbone/ps4, it kinda falls short.
>>
File: 001.jpg (991 KB, 1543x2200) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
991 KB, 1543x2200
>>320817238

Manchildren yeah but there is a small group of people just genuinely interested in fun games you cant get on pc.

Im no manchild but i have a wii u. For every 5 chris-chans you have 1 of me i guess, though. The simple truth is that either way there are not enough people interested to support a gaming platform when the industry is this large now.
>>
>>320817026

He's going to be 50 and that video will still be kicking around. I wonder if he will grow to hate himself.
>>
>>320817276
There has not been a mainstream console released with a generations' worth of a graphics capability gap comparable to the Wii U. Wii U has a shitty gimmick that inflates the price of a machine that may have sold well marketed a hundred dollars cheaper.

Once your console has consumer confidence, you can, of course, negotiate for a wider range of games. The Wii U did nothing to gain initial interest. It was a boner kill.
>>
>>320817447
Perfect example of how you can tell that Nintendo isn't in any trouble.
>>
>>320817276
Developers love the PS4 because it has decent power to work with and it's easy to develop for.
The Wii U is the complete opposite.
>>
>>320816391
>Why did the Wii U fail?

The reason is holding it in the pic.
>>
>>320817447

>pc is the way to go

This is fucking stupid. No it's not the way to go for them from a business standpoint. They make money off those shitfest consoles they make for the one reason that they produce exclusives no other company makes.It's their only leverage to make consumers invest in their products. Nintendo expanding all of their IPs to PC would mark the death of the company
>>
>>320817319
>But it's pretty obvious that another gimmick system wasn't the way to go after the Wii.

Wii wasn't a gimmick system. You're concentrating too much on the motion controls, which were just a means to an end. The real success of the Wii was that it perfectly captured the casual gamers market, in terms of price, ease of use (motion controls helped here), and range of games.

When people say "casuals abandoned Nintendo in favor of the iPhone" or whatever, that is pure historical revisionism. I suggest people look at the 2010 sales charts, which were extremely strong all the way to the end. It was Nintendo who abandoned the casuals before they abandoned Nintendo by not concentrating on any decent casual Wii game releases in 2011, instead focusing fully on the 3DS.

Core gamers were bitching so long at Nintendo that in 2011 the company suddenly decided it wanted them back. And the hamfisted attempt to try and get them back lost the casual audience in the meantime.
>>
>>320817492
Depends on how much of a profit he can turn.

Yesterday there was a thread that linked an article where Kimishima complained about people buying Amiibo to use as figures instead of buying software to use them with.
>>
guys stop bashing Nintendo. this thread will be deleted.
>>
>>320817574

Nope pc so i can pirate
>>
>>320817508
Aka retarded consumers.

"Duuurrrrr 4k TV? I'll buy it! Wait whys there no 4k content to watch on it?"

Literally the same as buying a ps4. Looks nice but no games.
>>
>>320816391
Got killed by the competition, literally.
>>
>>320817276

Do you not realize developers care about that shit? That's why the Wii U is so lacking from 3rd party developers.
>>
>>320817552

yeah I remember reading that they have a shit ton of money in the bank to last them years of failure

but I would love to see nintendo games on pc, I cbf buying a wii u but nintendo games will always be my favorite
>>
>>320817552
Nintendo would probably rather die then release a big title of theirs on steam
>>
>NX already revealed to have gimmicks
when the FUCK will they learn?
>>
>>320817623

Actually the reason the wii u sold like shit is because it doesn't have games while the PS4 does.

Go figure.
>>
>>320817669
yeah that's why they are making mobile games now
>>
>>320817623
>>320817276

Dipshit, the small range of games was caused by the under powered hardware.
>>
>>320817623
>customers didn't buy your product
>lol they're stupid!
You should be a board member for nintendo.
>>
>>320817645
>yeah I remember reading that they have a shit ton of money in the bank to last them years of failure
I'm so fucking tired of this meme, business does NOT work this way.
>>
>>320817493

How did Wii get so many sales with nogames and no real functionality?

Did 100 million people really buy a 250 dollar Wii Sports machine?
>>
I can tell you the reason I would never get it: despite being a bit more powerful than 360 or ps3, they're e-shop is fucked.

It takes about 4-5 hours to download and install a 6 gigabyte demo. I downloaded the Fatal Frame demo on my friend's Wii U and it took about that long.

This thing somehow has less functionality than a PS3 with a fraction of games. It's pointless to get one.

Mario Kart and Smash are fun but if you just have a few fun party games and a good RPG here and there, your system fails.

I still can't believe how abhorrent the e-shop system is.
>>
>>320817669
No but if they were desperate they'd be pumping out yearly Mario's and Zelda's and shit like Assassin's Creed.

There's so many things they could do to print money and they don't.
>>
>>320817623
The PS4 has Fifa, Madden, CoD, Fallout and all the other big names. That's all that matters to the average consumer. It has been like that ever since the NES or even the fucking Atari
>>
>>320817730

I have like 20 wii games and more isos for dolphin. The platform has plenty of games.
>>
>>320817508
>some people only judge a system by it's graphical capabilities, and when compared to the xbone/ps4, it kinda falls short.

And you could say exactly the same about Wii and 360/PS3. The difference was even bigger there because the Wii wasn't even HD.

>>320817550
>There has not been a mainstream console released with a generations' worth of a graphics capability gap comparable to the Wii U

The original Wii was far more underpowered compared to the 360/PS3 than the Wii U is to the Xbone for example. Sure, there is a bigger release gap now, but Xbone/PS4 weren't pushing the cutting edge as hard as the 360/PS3. Also, the whole diminishing returns thing.

>
There has not been a mainstream console released with a generations' worth of a graphics capability gap comparable to the Wii U. Wii U has a shitty gimmick that inflates the price of a machine that may have sold well marketed a hundred dollars cheaper.
I totally agree with this as a mistake.

>>320817559
>Developers love the PS4 because it has decent power to work with

Developers don't give a shit about that. They only want a machine that is easy to make games for. N64 was more powerful than PS1 by a considerable amount and yet that wasn't enough to encourage developers to come and play ball because of the high cartridge costs and difficult development environment.
>>
>>320817697
but according to /v/ multiplats dont count as games
and neither do any games that they dont like
so basically PS4 has no games
>>
>>320817775

I hate to break it to you but they are pumping out yearly zeldas and marios.
>>
>>320817775
>No but if they were desperate they'd be pumping out yearly Mario's and Zelda's
Uh
>>
>>320817709
Which is a big reason they should just fuck off from the home console market and go full handheld/mobile.

They basically own the entire handheld console market as it is anyway, why not just dump all their resources and dominate it?
>>
File: 1450327812494.png (172 KB, 364x505) Image search: [Google]
1450327812494.png
172 KB, 364x505
Marketing in the first couple months and no third .
party support.
its still my favorite console of this gen.
>>
>>320817730

Yes. The hype for the Wii was something special, and looking back it was a complete flop of a console. The homebrew scene was the only thing that made the Wii worth anything
>>
All Nintendo needs to do is come out with a new home console that actually has some power to it GPU and CPU-wise. Even if you are selling at a slight loss each console sale, you could easily make it back by slashing the prices of Amiibos and the Virtual Console store to entice people to buy them to make up for the losses and turn it into profits.

They also need to overstep their boundaries with the "we want more family-friendly games" because this just isn't the case anymore in this era in my opinion.
>>
>>320817775
>they'd be pumping out yearly Mario's and Zelda's and shit like Assassin's Creed.

I hate to break it to you...
>>
>>320817636
>That's why the Wii U is so lacking from 3rd party developers.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo's policies and licensing practices are the issue. They're a fucking nightmare to work with.

If hardware was really an issue, 3rd party developers would have ditched the PS3 and 360 long ago. And yet they are far more willing to release games on the PS3/360 than on the WiiU.
>>
>>320817759

The Wii U right now actually has a pretty solid line up depending on preferences. It's a better exclusive selection than the PS4 and Xbone have to offer unless you're a die hard shooter fan/weeb
>>
>>320817858
>it was a complete flop of a console

>made more profit than any other console in the history of humanity

HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>320816391
They thought they're smart by rushing to launch a year early.
>>
>>320817829

Probably because unlike microsoft they actually never go in the red as far as their console business is concerned.

Last i checked, they havent gone negative at all at any point even during the gamecube era. Just underperformed and disppointed shareholders and certain fans.
>>
>>320817951

I meant in terms of actual enjoyment. The functionality and overall quality of games was shit. Yeah, it was one of the most profitable. Phrased that wrong.
>>
>>320817951

Actually it sold less than the PS2. Sorry to burst your bubble nintendrone.
>>
>>320817920
At-least with big titles that go multiplat it doesn't take much tweaking to make it work on both the PS3/360, meanwhile putting that same game on a Nintendo console is a whole different kettle of fish and just ends up being a completely different game a lot of the time.
>>
>>320817723
Apparently Nintendo is also too retarded to hand out proper devkits and proper hardware documentation, leaving devs to figure out programming quirks specific to the system for themselves. Combine that with the small userbase and shitty online features and there goes your third party support.
>>
>>320817826
>>320817824
I ain't gonna count games with mario in them nigga being obtuse on purpose because you know I'm right isn't a valid argument.

They COULD shit out Mario 3D land 2/3/4/5 like crazy, same shit, different levels ala Assassin's Creed but they do not.

The yearly CoDs and ACs are just the same shit with a new coat of paint L I T T E R AL L Y shit out of a giant lazy anus every couple months for the sake of profit.

Ain't seieng any Zelda's or Marios or pokemons or metroids getting that treatment.
>>
>>320817894

Im confused. How are games like Super Metroid not worth 7.99?
>>
>>320817276
>underpowered" hardware
>range of games

>not 100% related

wow you are a moron. You really can't sum 2+2, can ya?

Why would devs port a game to WiiU? At least if it was as good as the others devs would still bother
>>
>>320817946
That wont last long when ps4/xbone does finally get some games. NX is coming soon. Wii u is future buyers remorse
>>
>>320818061
>I ain't gonna count games with mario in them

Yes you drones like to move goal posts. nothing new here
>>
>all these retards that know fuck all about business

Every.time.
>>
>>320817730
The wii had shittons of good games not even counting the backwards compatability.
>>
>>320818083
It's not. I don't own a Wii/Wii U so I don't know the pricing of the VC games but that already sounds outrageous. If they were looking to be efficient and smart about their pricing, I would easily put that in the $1.99 to $2.99 range.
>>
>>320818083
But a costume or horse armor totally is worth that much.
>>
>>320817991
>Probably because unlike microsoft they actually never go in the red as far as their console business is concerned.

Except for the past couple of years. They only came back to profitability this year, thanks to Amibos.
>>
>>320818061
They release two Pokemon games to maximize profits.
>>
>>320818141

You know what that anon meant. Games like Mario 64 and Galaxy dont release yearly.
>>
>>320818097

It's going to be a long time before that even happens. So many games are being lost to the PC that the consoles still don't really hold up, and more people are starting to realize that PC gaming is a viable and better choice.
>>
>>320818141
Nyucka I toldju. You just quote the one part and ignore the rest huh? I ko
>>
>>320816391
It's success was tied to Iwata's lifeforce
>>
>>320818031
That doesn't prove him wrong, nigger
>>
>>320817946
I've played about 180 different games on my PS4 since getting it on launch. This includes retail games, F2P offerings, downloadable games, and one PS2 classic.

My friend had Mario Kart 8 and barely played it when did, played through Golden Sun and just plays Smash on his Wii U.

Oh yea, he has snes F-Zero on it that someone bought on his Wii U too. I'll settle with a PS4.
>>
>>320818061
You know what, I'll entertain your "It's not a Mario game even though he's the titular character" card.

>Windwaker HD
>ALBW

>Hyrule Warriors

>MM3D
>Triforce Heroes

>Hyrule Warriors Legends
>ZeldaU
>>
>>320818164
How isnt it worth $7.99?
>>
>>320818248

Because its a fucking old ass game you retarded drone. My god.
>>
>>320818239

At least Nintendo is being smart and realizing all the idiots are flocking to Zelda for whatever reason
>>
The Wii U failed because it went against the entire nintendo design philosophy, just like the gamecube did.

Miyamoto once talked about why the gamecube failed and he explained that the controller was intimidating for the casual audience because rather than being a natural progression tailor made for the machine itself, it tried to cram everything from every prior controller, into this controller.

See: C-Stick, Analogue Stick, Dpad, Z button, Big A button, X Y buttons, L/R triggers.

The wii was a success because it was tailor made around the core idea of what the wii is, something everyone can recognize and use easily (a television remote).

The Wii U then makes the same mistake that the Gamecube did, two thumb sticks, a camera, the triggers, the dpad, the buttons, the shoulder buttons, the touchscreen, a microphone, the gyroscopes, etc. etc. etc.

It resulted in an intimidating controller for a new user, that's before the fact that there's only one, the disconnect of a two screen system, the unclear naming convention, the lack of third party/first party support... etc.

All that other stuff matters and we could talk about all the shitty aspects of the system all day, but the problem starts right there with the controller, the system was not built around a single core concept like all of Nintendo's previous successes have. Hell, that's why the 3DS was initially a disaster too, rather than focusing on it's core gimmick (the 3D) it tried to do everything the DS did, aswell as a bunch of other things (AR, Selfie Cam, the circle pad, etc)
>>
>>320818248
It's way past its prime and what you're getting doesn't compare to modern games you can get nowadays. Typically, retro/classic games are sold significantly cheaper than they were back then.

>>320818283
Exactly.
>>
>>320818031
>Actually it sold less than the PS2

PS2 was sold at a loss for many years. Wii was making HUGE profit from the first day due to the low cost hardware.
>>
>>320818061
Zelda is getting churned out every year and for me it's hurting my enjoyment of the series.
>>
>>320818164
Ok real talk, how the fuck is Super Metroid not worth more than 2 dollars?

Just because you can find shitty games on your phone for 2 dollars doesnt reduce the worth of real games. Get a job.
>>
>>320818061
>They COULD shit out Mario 3D land 2/3/4/5 like crazy, same shit, different levels ala Assassin's Creed but they do not.
They tried to do this but it weakened his branding so he's been on hiatus.
>>
File: 92f3e5e5.png (82 KB, 640x532) Image search: [Google]
92f3e5e5.png
82 KB, 640x532
>>
>>320818368
Why should it be worth more than 2 dollars? What makes it special other than being old as fuck, something you could easily rip off the internet for free and play on a perfectly-functional emulator?

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>320818335

Played it for the 1st time last summer. Better experience than 90 percent of modern games.

I heavily disagree
>>
>>320816391
I think one of the main problems was that it was not marketed properly.
>>
>>320818239
Thanks for proving my point.

Thank god it isn't the garbage Assassin's Creed routine.
>>
>>320818092
>wow you are a moron. You really can't sum 2+2, can ya?

It's you who can't.

I can disprove your post with six words.

360 and PS3 still get games.
>>
>>320818394
Swap PC and Xbox and I'd believe it.

Or split it down the middle since PC gets most of Xbones shit anyway.
>>
>>320817116
There weren't and the reveal was poorly communicated creating further confusion.
>>
>>320818368
because it's a fucking old game
>>
>>320818038
>meanwhile putting that same game on a Nintendo console is a whole different kettle of fish and just ends up being a completely different game a lot of the time.

How exactly?

The WiiU is just a generic PowerPC console. The only difference between it and the PS4/Bone is the instruction set the CPU uses and weaker specs.

The PS3 is also PowerPC, but the actual architecture is fucking mess, and the specs are far inferior to the WiiU.

And if you think the controller is a big barrier, it isn't. Developers are free to virtually completely ignore the WiiU controller and just add filler image on the controller screen and use it as a standard controller. Minecraft just did that.

From a pure technical point of view, it's easier to develop to the WiiU than the PS3/360. But they still choose the PS3/360 because of business.
>>
>>320818446
Games retailer survey. No retailer will say PC retail sales will rule 2016.
>>
>>320818335
So like a Blu Ray of 'the godfather' should be like $1 because its an old movie?
>>
>>320818418
Too bad everyone else is content with or even enjoys a good fraction of the 90% of those modern games you didn't like. Not everyone is cynical like you, and you can't think like that from an economical perspective.
>>
>>320818283

How does it being old matter?

>>320818410

Nah. YOU fuck off. Youre the retard here. Get a god damned job.
>>
>>320818308
>At least Nintendo is being smart
Then why isn't it okay when Assassin Creed does it?

>>320818436
Half of the list is ports, one is even of a game that just came out last year.
>>
>>320818410
I agree with this guy.
The console store prices are retardedly high for some of the stuff on there. Kind of the same with some of the PS4 stuff.

Always works out better to buy a physical copy or even better a 2nd hand copy for even less.

Or in this case probably cheaper to emulate.
>>
>>320816391
The consumers didn't understand.
>>
>>320818372
When was this? Was it before 1987 cuz thatd explain why I don't remember
>>
>>320818446

Oh PC is getting Halo 5, Quantum break, Halo collection, Scalebound, recore, Crackdown 2, Gears of war 4, and sunset overdrive?

Oh wait that's right you aren't.
>>
>>320818446
Retail

PC shouldn't even be there because it's not a "platform". That's like saying mobile is a platform or consoles is a platform.
>>
>>320818527
>Nah. YOU fuck off. Youre the retard here. Get a god damned job.
xXDD le too funnay mate

how about you try harder with your next response, hm?

>>320818516
Umm, you could probably find it in the bargain bin in Wal-Mart, so yeah. Plus there's a difference between something you can collect and something that is distributed digitally.
>>
>>320818583
>Gears of war 4, and sunset overdrive?
You can keep those.

And the others will eventually.
>>
>ITT: NEETS that think they know anything about business

Fucking pathetic. The lot of you.
>>
>>320818664
>typical ebin response after being BTFO

you're not fooling anybody you sad sap.
>>
>>320818664
Come educate us then, nigga.
>>
>>320818662

Sorry but we are keeping all of them.

Enjoy your Gears 1 port again... I guess?
>>
File: not fair.jpg (168 KB, 1620x599) Image search: [Google]
not fair.jpg
168 KB, 1620x599
>>320818664
THIS. Nintendo is fine.
>>
>>320818516
did they release super metroid on bluray?
no, it's a fucking digital download
>>
>>320818494
You are wrong. The Wii U has some shitty method by witch it offloads tasks to secondary smaller chips, making it difficult to program for. Devs ended up not using the feature, because Nintendo also couldn't be arsed to assist them in the matter. There is a video on it on YouTube somewhere.
>>
>>320816687
TOP KEK
>>
>>320818710
Kindly point out where I was BTFO

None of you know what youre talking about.
>>
File: Wiitestcycle.gif (27 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
Wiitestcycle.gif
27 KB, 816x1056
>>320818494
360 was PowerPC as well, heh. And it has an AMD GPU just like the Wii U. So on paper, there's no reason the Wii U couldn't just get the development environment straight upgraded from the 360.

The real reason the Wii U didn't get games, is the same reason the original Wii didn't get a lot of games.

It's the "Nintendo Test Cycle" where developers shit out sub-par ports at low cost in order to "test" whether a market exists for those games. Of course, because the ports were totally dog shit everybody ignores them like the plague, which the developer/publisher then uses as evidence that there was no audience for the game on a Nintendo platform. It's a classical self-fulfilling prophecy. If by chance the game happens to sell well, then the developer/publisher will conclude that the Nintendo audience will happily accept low quality ports, so they'll keep doing it.

On Sony and Microsoft platforms developers just act normally due to either being moneyhatted or convinced by PR reps that their games are a "safe investment" on those high-powered platforms. It's also the reason that hundreds of developers went belly up around 2008/2009 because they invested so hard in the PS3 which was failing miserably at the time instead of the Wii which was at its peak.
>>
>>320818527
>Get a god damned job.
You know when you say shit like this it makes you sound like a total hick retard, right?

It makes it very hard for me to take your opinion seriously, when you think that's a viable answer to the question.

Like it or not old pirating roms is more convenient as well as being free, and companies should be providing a better, more competitive service. Saying "hurr u shuld just pay for things ur poor" doesn't change the fact that the experience of downloading a rom of Super Metroid on my cell phone is inherently easier than going through the Virtual Console process, aswell as being more user friendly and providing more options than it ever could.

I'd happily buy Super Metroid again presuming that they gave me a reason to, right now, there's no fucking reason to do that. It looks better, runs better and controls better on my PC than it ever could on the Wii U, and that's nintendo's failure, not mine.
>>
>>320818790
Then how about you educate us with your outstanding knowledge of economics?

You still haven't given a reason why Super Metroid would even be worth 7.99 dollaridoos, a digital download for a game that's 21 years old that you could easily emulate for free anyway.
>>
because it does nothing but push cartoony games for 14 year old's.
>>
>>320818763
>The Wii U has some shitty method by witch it offloads tasks to secondary smaller chips

The PS4 and Xbone have exactly the same ARM co-processors method. Exactly the same.
>>
>>320817121
>everyone idiot excepts me
>tips fedora
>>
>>320818878

Not my argument, faggot. I read through the thread and noticed none of you have a decent understanding.

Educate you? Like hell. Im going to watch you cucks bicker and all be wrong. Its fun.
>>
it didn't. it's exactly on par for the nintendo home console trend. the wii was an outlier due to being like 1/3rd the cost at launch compared to any other console. if the wii u failed, nintendo itself is a failure.
>>
>>320817730
it can be hack like ps2,why do you think its sells so well? while the ps3 and 360 lately to hack
>>
File: 1419864754285.png (67 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1419864754285.png
67 KB, 250x237
>>320816687
>>
File: tips fedoras.jpg (92 KB, 543x960) Image search: [Google]
tips fedoras.jpg
92 KB, 543x960
>>320818973
>>
>>320817209
No 360 came out a year before Wii and PS3, and WiiU a year before Bone and PS4.

>>320816391
Shit failed because Nintendo went hard on an audience they couldn't sustain. The older userbase had what they wanted in the Wii, soccor moms and dads with too much time on their hands move/d on to mobile games and facebook shit. The Wii worked because it came out at a perfect time and had an interesting gimmick. WiiU came out long after that, times changed quickly, and a little off topic but Jesus fuck, Nintendo you make handhelds, you're in fucking japan aka king of niggas got no time to sit at home and play sit but got plenty of time on the train, why the fuck would you not use some demographic knowledge when making your console.
I don't even know what I'm typing anymore too early for this shit. Dumb name, trying to cater to people they can't, mostly ignoring their core userbase, other anons have answered far ebtter than I.
>>
>>320818947
anon's only half right really

it wasn't even the technical aspects of the Wii that made it successful, it was only after they slashed the price of it and Iwata, god rest his soul, cut his salary so he didn't have to lay anyone from nintendo off

>>320818973
>"i have no argument and no i'm not going to educate you, instead i'm just going to call you people idiots and act superior anyway [*le tipping intensifies*]"

okay
>>
>>320818886
>because it does nothing but push cartoony games for 14 year old's.

Bayonetta 2
Fatal Frame V
Xenoblade Chronicles X
SMT X FE
>>
>>320818973
DELETE THIS
>>
>>320818995
>Thread about why the Wii U failed
>"H-hey! Sony and M-MS failed at time too!!! Stop bullying Nintendo pls!!"

Fuck off Nintendrone.
>>
>>320818839

So disregarding the fact that phone touch controls are shit and youre a faggot for actually thinking thats valid, why do you think youre not only justified in stealing but that there is a more co.petitice service than "free"?

By the way, you really should get a fucking job. Calling me a hick wont help you not be jobless.
>>
>>320819045

wow 4 games in 3 years? amazing.
>>
>>320819154
Based on what facts?
>>
File: S3YAL4k.png (792 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
S3YAL4k.png
792 KB, 1680x1050
>>320819034
Again its not my argument.

All i said was that all of you fucktards were wrong and you are.
>>
>>320819109
Yeah okay, I'm sure the NX, a creation that Iwata came up with, when 2 of his 3 hardware innovations fucking failed, will be great.
>>
>>320818752
... You don't seem to understand how metaphors work.
>>
>>320816391
Because of the Wii. It's quite simple.
Microsoft's failure to sell the Xbox also contributed some too.

But it's still primarily the natural cause of following the Wii.
>>
>>320816391

The only reason they fail is because they don't use numbers in the name, every console with a number behind it has always succeeded.
>>
>>320819045
None of those games are Nintendo IPs and all were marketed horribly by Nintendo even though they were their fucking exclusives. It's obvious the demographic Nintendo really wants. It's always been children. That hasn't and will never change.
>>
>>320819045

Lol all JRPG shit

no thanks
>>
>>320816546
Why did /v/ become full to the brim with hipsters?
Remember when the DS was new and /v/ was going on and on about how someone should make a tablet controller for consoles?

Well, they did. And everyone complains.
>>
>>320819045
3 of which are censored because they were not kid friendly enough. Nintendo needs to die or stick to Mario shit for kids so the rest of us can ignore them
>>
File: 1443427614257.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
1443427614257.gif
3 MB, 500x207
>>320819254
>PS4 was a flop anyway
>>
>>320819267

Aa a nintendo hater i relish in how simple their barrier is but theyre too stupid to overcome it

Fuckong hysterical
>>
Because for all intents and purposes it was a traditional console going up against far superior better consoles which had much more industry support.

The touch screen didn't really add anything to gaming, all those "non-gamers" who bought a Wii because the Wii was easy as piss to understand, aren't going to use a controller that's basically a dual shock with a fucking screen input in it.

The wii worked because it's controls were easy to understand with games that worked well for it (Wii Sports, Mario Kart etc) want to play golf? Swing it like a golf club, want to steer? use it as a steering wheel.

The touch screen on the Wii U was much more limited and attached to a traditional controller layout.

I honestly believe the Wii U was rushed. Both the Wii and Wii U stem from Gamecube addons, except they continued with the Motion controls and said the touch screen was stupid back then. I wonder what made them change their mind?

Honestly they should have continued working with motion controls and came out with launch games that worked awesome with 1:1 motion control inputs.
>>
>>320819209
You say we are "wrong" yet still don't explain how we are wrong.

Now it is your argument because you claimed we are wrong.

but i'm just going to assume you will disregard that and continue your shitposting spree anyway
>>
The casual friendly image that nintendo picked up with the wii put off a lot of potential customers and 3rd party devs. Then they failed to capture the old people and little girls who bought the wii, because of the shitty tablet gimmick that no one cared about, and the worst name that anyone could have come up with.
>>
>>320819298
>None of those games are Nintendo IPs

Xenoblade Chronicles is an Nintendo owned IP. SMT X FE is a crossover game with Fire Emblem. An IP they own.
>>
>>320819254
Your post is so fucking retarded.

This generation's barely started and you are calling the consoles a flop?

>Nintendo have soul

Hows Nintendos balls taste?
>>
>>320819368

Youd be right anon. Youre all wrong and dont know anything about business.
>>
>>320819382
>The casual friendly image that nintendo picked up with the wii put off a lot of potential customers and 3rd party devs.

Devs have always hated Nintendo. The Wii had a userbase of what, 150 million? More than both other consoles combined with miniscule development costs and nobody developed for it.
>>
>>320819239
neither do you
you're comparing physical objects to digital downloads
>>
They seen how successful they can be with shovelware and gimmicks and decided to do it again, but the joke was on them, their casual audience already moved to phones and tablets.
>>
>>320819239
It's called an analogy you complete fucking retard.
>>
>>320819438
ebin, simply ebin
>>
>>320819401
I'll concede to those points, but the point that they were marketed poorly as fuck still stands. They aren't 1st party IPs so they are treated like shit when it comes to marketing and trying to sell them. Nintendo is shit for that and it's the reason why those type of games tend to sell poorly on their consoles.
>>
Nintendo should release all their games for free
>>
>>320817276
You need an IQ of at least 52 to find that out.
>>
>>320816391
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7CQSEDz4M&ab_channel=Windy
>>
File: Red_PokémonRB.png (101 KB, 205x400) Image search: [Google]
Red_PokémonRB.png
101 KB, 205x400
Nintendo should focus on 4 concepts that every successful modern console has/had.

Intuitive Controller
Value-based machine with current hardware (DVD/BR, 1080p/1440p, strive for 60 fps)
Invest in reliable network infrastructure
Exciting, memorable gameplay through storytelling and mechanics (not a gimmick controller or peripherals)

Nintendo can have both a casual and hardcore playerbase, and they don't have to reinvent the wheel to accomplish this. If you build it, they will come.
>>
>>320819468
Lots of Devs say this is because their hardware is terrible to work with. And if you are not in Japan, support on getting shit to work can take weeks.
>>
>>320818823
Ding ding.
>>
>>320818239
Remakes, ports and spinoffs. Next year, the first proper 3D game since 2011. Nice.
>>
>>320819382
>The casual friendly image that nintendo picked up with the wii put off

>a lot of potential customers
Wahahahah, a MINUSCULE amount of customers compared to the casual audience.

>and 3rd party devs
Yeah, cause developers don't want to have casual audience, cause there's no money in it, right? Hahaha.

It's amazing there are people posting here who can write such mindless drivel unironically. I thought all the brainwashed people were only on GAF.
>>
Nintendo games just aren't fun anymore. These "New Super Mario" games are the biggest culprit.
>>
>>320819468
And how many of those people played anything more than Wii Sports? Everyone knows why the Wii did so well, and everyone knows most of those people won't play more conventional games.
>>
>>320819254
>nintendo making games
making toys yes they very good like autistboo
>>
no mh4u
not smash exclusive
dumbass confusing name to normies
>>
Underrated post
>>
File: hurr.png (13 KB, 279x53) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
13 KB, 279x53
>>320819147
>why do you think youre not only justified in stealing but that there is a more co.petitice service than "free"?

Ignoring the fact that piracy is not only not stealing (it's piracy), pic related is why.

Steam offers a better service than piracy, therefor I purchase video games through the steam store. That's how a marketplace works.

Convenience trumps piracy every time. I can, on my way home, load up the PS Store on my phone, buy a PS2 game for the PS4 for $10, The store will wake up my ps4, download the game and it'll be ready to play when I get home. When I boot it up, it'll be upresed to 1080p and run just as well, if not better than, the game when it released and look ten times better.

I COULD download an iso file and run it at an even higher resolution on my PC but the PS4 offers better convience, and makes it easier. The eShop does not. Nintendo's entire online infrastructure fucking sucks.

You're a big dummy.
>>
File: 1449954323767.jpg (149 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1449954323767.jpg
149 KB, 530x600
That awkward moment when you are dating a guy that got a Wii U instead of a PS4 uh huh, Iwata is dead, Nintoddlers on suicide watch, ha ha.

I fucking love this year; your E3 bombed, your president died, your system is confirmed DEAD, your Devils Third and Bayo 2 are no longer Wii U exclusive, ha ha ha ha ha, Sony always wins baby. [unintelligible] is also a fucking - wh... whore ha ha ha ha

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ybbHBk5DwQ
>>
>>320819367

Agreed. Also, they should have had first party games Ready from the start. Where is my zelda? Where is my Mario?
>>
when zelda u comes out?
>>
>>320819646
>And how many of those people played anything more than Wii Sports? Everyone knows why the Wii did so well, and everyone knows most of those people won't play more conventional games.

The Wii's attach rate was only one game less on average than the PS3. So clearly somebody was buying games.

Don't give me that fucking anecdotal "people only bought Wii Sports and nothing else" because that is statistically and objectively false.
>>
>>320819773
>>
>>320819731
>unintelligible
"WiiU-tan is also a fucking whore"
>>
>>320817026
is this literally him crying for 15 minutes?
>>
>>320819773
The Zelda series has never been a system seller in the sense that Mario and Pokemon are.
>>
>>320819731
Is that based Caveman?
>>
>>320819615
>Wahahahah
>Hahaha.
>Capitalizing random words
Are you autistic?

>a MINUSCULE amount of customers compared to the casual audience
So you think that the 50 million who bought xbox/ps4 are 'miniscule'?
> developers don't want to have casual audience, cause there's no money in it, right?
Yes. The kind of people who bought the wii would play wii sports and nothing else. I'm not talking about the kind of 'casual' who just plays skyrim/fallout 4 here, I'm talking about the kind of person who bought a wii just to play wii fit or whatever, and hates actual games.
>>
>>320819696

Good lord you actually did it. You actually took 15min out of your day to write that out. I was wondering if you wised up.

Look faggot, there are over a thousand games on steam not worth spending a dime on let alone 7.99. If sitting down in your living room and buying a game is too troublesome for you, well fuck m8 I dont know what else to say.

Piracy is theft by the way. There is a reason jews hate you for it. I do it myself but there is no amount of mental gymnastics that can save you from that truth.
>>
>>320819774
What's the attach rate for PS3? Actually fuck, what are on average the sales numbers for Wii games. Like, what kind of games sold best.
>>
>>320816391
i asked my mom and she didn't even know it was a new console

for the first almost year i didn't either, i literally thought it was a tablet for the wii

i have 0 clue who they were marketing to

without smash i can't imagine how poorly it would be doing

nintendo needs to not be 4 gens behind in graphics if they ever want to be relevant
>>
>>320818031
what is profit
>>
File: 1449617713493.jpg (38 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
1449617713493.jpg
38 KB, 330x328
The wiiU was under-powered and had a god awful architecture that basically denied third party support. The wiiU did not fail though, I'm not even joking. If you have ANY idea what kind of company Nintendo is at their core you will know they are sociopathically competitive to the point where it is beyond actual belief. In fact they are so good at manipulating people they literally got away with selling a second 7th generation console sporting nothing other than 7th gen hardware as we literally entered the 8th generation. Nintendo's downright reckless competitiveness earned them a breathing space which Sony and Microsoft could only dream of, the fact is their gamble turned out to be a massive success.

Consumers bought the console, 10 million of them. Now accompanied by their genius marketing skills they have carefully cultivated over four decades, they've also completely modified their brand name, what it means and it's attachment to their consumer base. Nintendo is now a mom and pop corner shop game dealer being bogged down by mighty multi-national corporations and is to be supported for the sake of the greater good. Nintendo fully realizes it has developed a cult-like following and has capitalized on this time and time again. They got away with essentially selling existing 3DS owners the very same device on the promise of exclusives. The only exclusive to the console thus far is a wii port and the console sold nearly 3 million units.

If you think the NX was a result of wiiU's 'perceived' failure you're not yet thinking like a Nintendo employee. The NX has been in development for years, the wiiU was intentional in a very literal sense of the word. It allowed them, in fact it literally gave them justification to pump out low-effort mediocre software while they devoted their actual efforts in developing the NX and proper line of software for the system. The biggest advantage Nintendo seized by pulling this facade was time, think about it. Nintendo is a sociopath.
>>
File: 1449955469967.jpg (7 KB, 200x166) Image search: [Google]
1449955469967.jpg
7 KB, 200x166
>>320820132
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>320820061
>So you think that the 50 million who bought xbox/ps4 are 'miniscule'?

Are you actually trying to say that all of those people are not casual gamers? Wew lad.

>Yes. The kind of people who bought the wii would play wii sports and nothing else.
Already disproven >>320819774
>>
>>320820132
Uhhh...dude...
>>
Did the Wii U really fail? Last I heard, they were making a profit out of it these days.
>>
1. behind a full console generation hardware-wise
2. behind 2 console generations online-wise
3. shitty gimmick controller with a 2 hour battery life
4. The gimmick this time won't work because anyone who cares has a smartphone or tablet Devices that have superior capacitive touchscreens with multitouch
5. No 3rd party support
6. Takes too long to release 1st party games
7. Stupid name that makes it sound like an accessory to the Wii instead of a successor.
>>
>>320819731
>Bayo 2 are no longer Wii U exclusive
Wait, what?
>>
>>320820114
Wii hardware: 101.18m
Wii software: 953.30m
Attach rate: 9.42

PS3 hardware: 86.14m
PS3 software: 939.08m
Attach rate: 10.90m
>>
>>320820092
>You actually took 15min out of your day to write that out.
If it really takes you that long to type up a reply that size then I hope you never pursue a career that involves any kind of WPM limitations.

Piracy is not theft, it's piracy, that's why we call it piracy, and call theft, theft.

I no longer understand your silly argument, You're now saying that I'm wrong because I spent money on video games, that you presume are not worth money, which somehow absolves nintendo for having terrible infrastructure that makes piracy a more enticing option.
>>
>>320817730
Yes, they did. That is the power of advertising.

You'll never get Wii or DS level of sales again because smartphones are now a thing
>>
>>320820274
Nintendo has made $9M on the Wii U, this doesn't take into account all of the R&D they spent (allegedly a large amount of the profit they amassed under the wii era) prior to production.
>>
>>320820441

Holy shit, how the hell do you think file sharing came to be known as piracy? Pirates steal shit anon.
>>
>>320820441
"HEY GUYS WHATSUP ITS ME ANON AND I'M HERE TODAY PRESENTING YOU SHITTY SEMANTICS WITH NO REAL ARGUMENT

WATCH ME EAT THIS HANDFUL OF CHROMOSOMES AND GET GUARANTEED (YOU)'S FROM REDDITORS STRAIGHT OUT OF /R/4CHAN HAHA WOW I JUST CAN'T BE STOPPED"
>>
>>320820540
But that's all allegedly, anon but I think a large amount of the profit during the Wii era is too big for mere R&D.
I would try to read their financial statements or something on how much they spent, but I'm too lazy to.
>>
>>320820658
Theft
>In common usage, theft is the taking of another person's property without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it.

Piracy
>The unauthorized use or reproduction of another's work.

You are illiterate.
>>
>>320820331
>behind 2 console generations online-wise
>Implying the Wii U has online comparable to ps2 and xbox live
>Considering it's built in and free it's more modern than the 360 was in terms of Online and ps4 is currently. and even more reliable than Xbox one's online servers in the current gen.
I guess you've never played an online Nintendo game.
>Implying the main gimmick is the fact it has a touch screen
I guess you've never owned or played on one either.

I take it you're a butthurt sonyigger worried about your last exclusive moving to PC, but don't take it out on Nintendo unless you know what you're talking about. : ^ )
>>
>>320820331
> 2. behind 2 console generations online-wise
You mean online should be paid?
>>
>>320820717
>"HEY GUYS WHATSUP ITS ME ANON AND I'M HERE TODAY PRESENTING YOU SHITTY SEMANTICS WITH NO REAL ARGUMENT

If you scroll up, you'll find that I made a well reasoned argument (IE Convenience vs Free) and this other anon replied saying that because steam has shitty games it doesn't matter that pirates purchase a lot of video games.
>>
>>320820771
The word you fucking moron. The fuxking vernacular.

You are a fucking autismo. Get a job.
>>
>>320820865

Thats not what i was arguing at all. You are not all pirates, lol.

Get a job
>>
>>320820872
>The word you fucking moron. The fuxking vernacular.

See? This is what I'm talking about. Totally illiterate!
>>
Where does this "WiiU is 2006 technology" meme come from?

Don't people know that not all processors are designed to be high performance and power hungry?

WiiU was fabbed in 45nm while 2006 processors were fabbed in 90nm, so it, by definition, cannot be 2006 technology.
>>
I'm going to preorder the NX because I believe it to be an absolute failure and it'll be Nomad levels of rare.
>>
>>320820971

That would be you. Piracy is a pretty old word anon
>>
>>320820132
this
>>
>>320820946
http://www.webpronews.com/pirates-more-likely-to-pay-for-digital-and-physical-media-than-non-pirates-2012-10/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/music-pirates-study_n_2526417.html

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2009/04/study-pirates-buy-tons-more-music-than-average-folks/

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20121126/00590921141/dear-riaa-pirates-buy-more-full-stop-deal-with-it.shtml

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/11/12/survey-shows-swedish-pirates-more-likely-to-buy-content/

http://www.dailytech.com/Nearly+Half+of+Americans+Pirate+Casually+But+Pirates+Purchase+More+Legal+Content/article29702.htm

http://www.teleread.com/torrent/pirate-pay-bittorrent-survey-finds-users-likely-buy/

>im only pretending to be retarded XD!!!
>>
File: 1448519214717.jpg (321 KB, 720x1005) Image search: [Google]
1448519214717.jpg
321 KB, 720x1005
>>320820971
Get a job
>>
>>320816687
it's true, i had to buy mine for myself.
>>
>>320820256
>Are you actually trying to say that all of those people are not casual gamers
They are a different type of consumer compared to the people who bought the wii to exercise. How can you not see that?
>Already disproven
Doesn't matter, this is the image that nintedo had when the wii u was launching.
>>
>>320821135

Hyperlinks dont stop us from being the filthy thieves we are anon

Just accept it so you can get a job in peace
>>
>>320821050
>NX
>absolute failure
you will eat your words when it comes out
you will feel those words slide down your throat and you will get on your knees and beg Nintendo to forgive you
you will regret saying this
you will know
you will
>>
>>320816391

autism
casual pandering
excessive simplification
censoreship
centered on gimmicks instead of games
expensive
outdated hardware
shit online
retarded marketing
kicks their core audience in the nuts

Do I have to say more?
>>
>>320821135
>implying i ever buy anything
>>
>>320821226
I don't understand why you're so embarrassed literally just pretend you're someone else and nobody will know.
>>
>>320821348

Get that job yet?
>>
File: 1438696412225.jpg (63 KB, 935x858) Image search: [Google]
1438696412225.jpg
63 KB, 935x858
>he believes Nintendo can turn this slump around
>>
>>320821135
>buying things when you can pirate

What
>>
More like Failed U
>>
>>320821687

More like Wii failed U
>>
>>320821687
>oh look mom I posted it again!!!
You're a fucking faggot, do you hear me?
I can already picture your cocky smirk, the edge of your lips touching your cheeks, with your nice little double chin.
I bet you thought that was funyy didnt you
Im probably 5000000 miles away and I can smell how smelly your room is
Do you wait for your mom to clean your room everyday after she gets home from her 9 to 5 job?
I bet you feel good when shes working her ass off and you are at home, in your little basement, one hand on your keyboard and the other grasping whats left of your "penis"
I bet theres cheeto crumbs all over your playstation 4 controller
you fucking faggot
>>
>>320822010
Chill down, man, why to fail to this obvious bait?
>>
>>320822134
>>320822010
>>320821687
>>320821724
(you)
(you)
(you)
(you)
>>
the gimmick can work only once, secondly, not being a fan of nintendo (i just got gifted a wii i never used), even i thought it was a wii upgrade like the motion+ controller
>>
Why the FUCK is this thread still up?

MODS
DELETE THIS
NOW
>>
besides all the obvious issues, the marketing campaign was almost non-existent.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.