[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever stolen vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Marge-Be-Not-Proud-Stealing1.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Marge-Be-Not-Proud-Stealing1.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
Have you ever stolen a video game?

Was it worth it?
>>
Unreal 2 from Target (almost got caught) and Enter The Matrix from Wal-Mart. Mediocre games are a lot better when they're free.
>>
Piracy isn't theft, it's copyright infringement
>>
>>320801668
I stole wild world from my friend
I'm sorry
>>
I get all my PC games from torrents
I bought like 5 games for PC
Yes every one worth it
>>
>>320802278
Semantics
>>
>>320801668
I never returned Ikaruga to Gamefly, claimed it got lost in the mail.

No, wasn't worth it. Games arent cool to have without the casing and manual

Even then it's not worth it
>>
Physically? No, im not black.

Torrented quite a few tho.
>>
>>320802278
>being this insecure
Fucking lol, OP isnt talking about piracy
>>
Well I bought a game, beat it, and returned it if that counts?
>>
No, but I've stolen so many books when I was in middle school. Half my library is stolen.
>>
>>320802278
Actually piracy IS theft.
Duplication is copyright infringement.

Downloading a game is actually downloading data that someone else bought. Though there is a duplicate file being made, the uploader is responsible for the copyright infrigement.
>>
>download from emuparadise
>installed CFW on consoles
>torrents

No need to actually risk stealing vidya

PS4 is even getting a kernel exploit soon
>>
I wouldn't know how. Even when I was a kid, SNES and N64 games were locked behind plexiglass.
>>
Not physically. When the original GameBoy Pocket Pokemons came out the only way to get Mew was to go to an event in which they did something to put him in your game IDK. I had a semi-friend do this and did nothing but, brag about it. Ever time the subject came up he'd go off about it.

One time during school I managed to get ahold of his gameboy and traded his mew over to my gameboy for a level 1 caterpillar or something. Deny it to this day.
>>
>>320802779
>books
nerd
>>
I stole a guide for Pokemon G/S from a grocery store as a kid.

That's it I think.
>>
>>320802902
I'm talking about legal definitions, not moral implications. Piracy is not theft.
>>
File: 1437510362920.png (167 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
1437510362920.png
167 KB, 636x426
>I stole some kids copy of Pokemon Yellow after he lent it to beat Brock, and as we were arriving at school he asked for it back and I darted.
>I stole Pokemon Emerald from a kid on a bus by sitting in his seat, swiping it from his bag, and leaving because my stop was next.
>I stole four GBA games from some fat lesbian who left her bag in my class by kicking it over to me and taking the games one by one
>I traded a DS game for three GBA games then stole it back
>The next thing that I would steal would be my old GameCube with my copy of Melee that was sent to my cousin's grandparents' house because my aunt gave it to them.
Who /repeatedoffender/ here?
>>
I stole toys when I was a little kid, now that I'm a full grown man I steal stadiums and quarries.
>>
>>320804070
Typical Nintenyearold
>>
File: 1415356464367.gif (2 MB, 294x195) Image search: [Google]
1415356464367.gif
2 MB, 294x195
>>320801668
>babysit nieces for sister and fat redneck husband
>notice PS2 games mixed in with random DVDs
>all of the GTAs and some sports/racing shit too
>sneak them into backpack while nieces are asleep

It's been almost 10 years and he still hasn't fucking noticed.
>>
>>320804763
>I steal stadiums and quarries.
Are you a lawyer by any chance?
>>
Not entirely stolen, but I once found a roll of unused pricing stickers in a shop, put one on for £2 on a copy of Virtua Fighter 4 and bought that. It was £49.99 at the time.
>>
File: piracy_00c054_798369.jpg (52 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
piracy_00c054_798369.jpg
52 KB, 700x500
>>320802902

Actually you are retarded.
>>
>>320801668
Yes I went into a lan center and copied warcraft 3 with my 1 gig usb
>>
I stole a GBA SP once.
>>
>>320805594
You could have just asked to borrow them
>>
File: th.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
I had a friend who kept a copy of Yoshi's topsy turvy and SMA3 on a stand next to his bed for years. Put them into my coat to steal once.

Put them back because I realized I wasn't a nigger. Don't steal from your buds, mates.
...That said I did kinda swipe a copy of LTTP/FS on GBA from a dude at a garage sale, negotiated a sweet N64 game lot deal with 4 controllers, a bunch of games (Pokemon snap, MK64, Diddy Racing, Star Fox 64+rumble, Yoshi's story, Goldeneye, Star Wars racer, and Mario Party being the better ones) for $40, then took the Zelda cart too. I had meant to include it in the deal, expressed interest, but ultimately forgot and sealed the deal for "the N64 stuff". Feel bad about that one, sorry mate.
>>
I stole a piece of candy once.
>>
Over a few years I scammed a few thousand dollars worth of video games and game credit, like microsoft points, psn, amazon credit, ect. I stopped though because it just got boring. The thrill from it disappeared.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.