[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the last real "good" Pokemon game? Not talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Pokemon_Black_2_box.png (1 MB, 968x888) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Black_2_box.png
1 MB, 968x888
Was this the last real "good" Pokemon game? Not talking about just the Pokemon designs, but rather the entire game itself.
>>
>>320791048
You've posted it. If Z doesn't have anything better than the shitty Battle Maison then B/W 2 will still be the best.
>>
File: 1449314792216.png (670 KB, 1014x924) Image search: [Google]
1449314792216.png
670 KB, 1014x924
>forgetting about the real best pokemon game
>>
X/Y were the worst games but the series started going bad as early as Gen IV.
>>
>>320791162
considering how shitty ORAS was, I don't have much hope for Z
>>
>>320791342
>the series started going bad as early as Gen IV.
maybe with DP, but Platinum is one of the better games in the franchise.
>>
>>320791048
Red
>>
No. Heart Gold and Soul Silver were the last good Pokemon games.
>>
File: Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png (169 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png
169 KB, 300x301
Anything else is objectively wrong.
>>
>>320791048
Even if you autists insist that X/Y is the worst in the series (it really isn't), it's still a good game.
>>
>>320792271
No, it really isn't.
>>
>>320791048
/v/, why do you like Gen 5 when /vp/ wants to talk shit about it all the time?
I know this cause i visit /vp/ alot
>>
File: firered.jpg (90 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
firered.jpg
90 KB, 640x636
>>320792259
Oops, my bad. Wrong picture.
>>
>>320792548
mostly the pokemons
the actual games were great to amazing
>>
File: vp sucks.png (249 KB, 879x1181) Image search: [Google]
vp sucks.png
249 KB, 879x1181
>>320792548
/vp/ has shit taste

/vp/ will defend X/Y with their dying breath

/vp/ is filled with literal children and autists

I would take anything /vp/ has to say with a grain of salt
>>
bw had shit pokemons and great games
xy had good to great pokemons and shit ass games
>>
>>320792875
Shit, isn't that pic from when /vp/ was /tr/?
>>
>>320791048
I thought ruby/Sapphire was the last game to add anything (pageants, berry mixing) worthwhile that wasn't superfluous or just make the game feel worse. Anything past gold/silver just bored me, honestly; might be because I can't stand playing on a handheld anymore
>>
>>320792875
Both /v/ and /vp/ are full of nostalgiafags that don't even remember the games they claim to be superior to the new ones, which is why "it's too easy" is always one of their arguments despite the fact that NPC trainers didn't even start having viable movesets until Gen 4 and didn't start actively covering their weaknesses until Gen 5.
>>
XY are good. Their literal only problems are being too easy and not having a post game facility.

Every other pokemon game has had more issues then that.
>>
Z will only be good if they bring back contests and the old poffin/pokeblock system which forced you to specialize for certain contest types
>>
File: 1391578901318.jpg (297 KB, 1326x976) Image search: [Google]
1391578901318.jpg
297 KB, 1326x976
>>320792974
Here's a more recent one

They still have Team Rocket roleplaying threads to this day
>>
>>320791162
Not only would Z have to fix the shitty pacing, but it would have to fix how shitty the actual game looks. X/Y and ORAS had fucking framerate drops for christ's sake.
>>
>>320791230
What the fuck is wrong with the balck dude, hes missing an arm and most of his face
>>
>>320792886
Bw had great pokemon designs, like meinsaho, golurk, volcarona, serperior, the fossil burd
>>
>>320793050
This shit right here.

Also I enjoyed gen V because there were no old pokemon. There is nothing I hate more than going into a new gen's cave and OH LOOK ITS ANOTHER FUCKING ZUBAT NOT LIKE I HAVEN'T GOTTEN SICK OF THOSE FUCKERS BACK IN RED, NOPE, GOTTA HAVE EM IN EVERY FUCKING GAME SINCE GEN I. same shit with surfing, same shit with fishing. However for some reason if this ever changes it infuriates /vp/ and they have autistic shitfits because muh crobro or something.
>>
Gen 4 had the best music and best cities for sure

>tfw arriving in snowpoint for the first time after getting through that slow, snowy path and this comes on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRsOngUpIr0
>>
>>320792875
>/vp/ will defend X/Y with their dying breath

I browse /vp/ and I can tell you this is very wrong
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.