[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is steam any good at hardware or is it complete shit ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 01_controller.jpg (18 KB, 325x300) Image search: [Google]
01_controller.jpg
18 KB, 325x300
Is steam any good at hardware or is it complete shit ?
>>
>>320786558
If you're not one of those fags that shit on anything that isn't a Mouse & Keyboard, it's actually pretty fucking great. It's a massive improvement over any other controller for shooters and it does real well with everything else.
>>
>>320786558
I think maybe if I have some extra money at any point after I have a satisfactory build I might get a Steam Controller just to have something interesting
>>
I have a steam link w/ wired Ethernet connection on both ends (pc -> router and steam link -> router). It does 1080p 60fps with no problems. Input lag is less than 1ms, display lag is 20ms from steam link (that's 1.25 frames at 60fps) + whatever display lag my tv has (make sure to turn on game mode on your TV).

I've read online that the performance when using wireless isn't that good.
>>
Ok good, I already bought a controller and steam link and made sure I didn't horribly fuck up. Mainly looking to play csgo.
>>
>>
>>320786558
It's interesting but it's not as accurate as a mouse and, even after hours of fiddling with the settings I still haven't gotten it to controller levelsyet either.
Big issue is using a touchpad for camera controls. It's great for small, accurate movements but the moment you need to make drastic movements it turns to shit. You either need to do multiple swipes or use edge scrolling which is slow as fuck compared to a controller even at max acceleration.
One good thing though, I have never had a controller who's batteries have lasted so long in. At average 5 hours of gameplay at a time, it took a little over a week before I needed to recharge my shitty Amazon basic batteries.
>>
>>320787917
>If you're not one of those fags that shit on anything that isn't a Mouse & Keyboard
Yeah but they shit on that because mouse and keyboard is better at certain types of games. Why try to reinvent the wheel, when the current control scheme is perfectly fine? You sound like a colossal homo.
>>
>>320789260
What games is it best at being used? At Christmas I wanna take my PC to the living room and a Steam controller could potentially be a decent all rounder controller for multiple genres.
>>
>>320789618
I've been playing mostly witcher 3 and fallout 4 with it and it's working out good enough that I haven't bothered to replace my dead 360 controller. Tried a little civ4 as well and, while it was pretty awkward switching from m+kb, it was perfectly playable.
Only genre I can see it being complete shit at would be mp shooters, it's just not very good for when you need to spin the camera around in a split second.
>>
>>320789260
Trackball mode, gyro, accelleration, modifier button, its not that hard to get a setup that gives you both fine control and rapid moves.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.