[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is smartphone gaming any good now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
Is smartphone gaming any good now?
>>
>>320769838
No. Touch controls are cancer.
>>
>>320769838
No
>>
>>320769838
>touch controls
>pay to win model used in every game

absolutely not
>>
>>320769838
no.
>>
No.

Life is too short for handheld games.
>>
>>320769953
touch controls aren't bad when you get used to them, i.e. you understand nudging your finger slightly has the same effect as sliding your finger across the screen
>>
>>320769838
smartphone game players make casuals look good
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
Physical buttons and touch mapping like on the GPD make most of them (that aren't just PuzDra knockoffs) much better.

That alone means they are failing.
>>
>>320769953

Damn, the first post always nails it.
>>
>>320770051
>>pay to win model used in every game

Even worse that model is leaking into console and PC game.
>>
>>320769838
The only good games to play on a phone are N64 and SNES games
>>
The only good game I've played on smartphones in the past 5 years is the android version of super hexagon. The only reason why it works is because the original version of the game only had two inputs anyway, so the touch controls work perfectly. A mobile version of Dive Kick would probably be pretty good too.
>>
no

the fact today's kids are growing up with mobile games and using touch screen tablets and smartphones from literally before they start school multiple hours every day and shit really scares me for the future of video games
>>
The only acceptable mobile games are from Kairosoft.
>>
>not playing School Idol Festival
>>
Has anyone played Downwell on a phone? The last level and boss fight seems like it would be impossible with touch controls.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.