[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can From make a good complete game without Japan Studio?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1449231481965.png (45 KB, 420x400) Image search: [Google]
1449231481965.png
45 KB, 420x400
Can From make a good complete game without Japan Studio?
>>
>>320715794
Demons Souls was so unfinished they left an unfinished world portal there.

FS can't complete anything.
>>
the real question is
can from maketheir games complete without rushing the end parts or cutting stuff of a game every time?
>>
>>320716713

I'd say yes. They've gained notoriety these past three games and have learned what works and what doesn't. Dark Souls III will probably be their most complete, polished game to date.

Or I'm just a naive Soulsfag. kek
>>
>>320716972
They've had like 18 chances with Armored Core and keep fucking that up.
>>
>>320717070

They have more money and popularity now. The Souls game have much more polish than anything Armored Core.I think Bloodborne/Dark Souls III is going to be the golden age of From as a legit AAA company.
>>
Sony + From is certainly better than Bamco + From.
>>
Bloodborne definetly feels the most complete. The game as a whole is smaller than Dark Souls but there's no obviously rushed levels.

I suspect Dark Souls 3 will be bigger and fully complete since they've got the formula down and it's running on what looks like Bloodbornes engine so they'll be able to focus on making content.

But FROM+Sony is always better than FROM+Bamco because at least Sony isn't spreading the "Le hardest game ever, you will die" meme on every ad and game box.
>>
So i beat dark souls but never 100%ed it unlike dark souls 2.

Should I go back and 100% it and then buy das2 sots?
>>
AC3
>>
>>320717070
>>320717335

AC4 and AC:FA are my favorite game of all time. I also browse /pol/
>>
>>320716280
>le missing archstone maymay

There's literally fuck-all evidence of any of the planned content in the actual game outside of 1 unfinished as fuck level with no enemies you can't access through normal means. You can play through the entire game and never be aware that the archstone was ever supposed to lead to anything.

This contrasts with Dark Souls where half the fucking game is evidently unfinished and stuff like Ash Lake was just sorta left in for shits and gigs despite it serving absolutely zero purpose.
>>
Bloodborne was not complete until they added the DLC. The Holy Moonlight Sword should have been in the base game.
>>
>>320718512
>at least Sony isn't spreading the "Le hardest game ever, you will die" meme on every ad and game box.

They didn't have to. All the had to do was say "From the creator of Souls series!"
>>
>>320718903
>All the had to do was say "From the creator of Souls series!"

And they've still never pushed the game in this way.

I know /v/ has a shitposting agenda when it comes to Sony but they're probably one of the better publishers out there.
>>
>>320718620
It has a kick ass storyline, gameplay is challenging if you've never played a Mecha game before. Graphics? High-speed mechs nuking shit.

>still waiting for co-op mode
>>
>>320718757
>There's literally fuck-all evidence of any of the planned content in the actual game outside of 1 unfinished as fuck level with no enemies you can't access through normal means. You can play through the entire game and never be aware that the archstone was ever supposed to lead to anything.

It's pretty obvious they had something planned for it, retard.
>>
>>320718757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlEShsDl3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9c01YsEFM
if anyone wants to watch it
>>
>>320719020
>it's pretty obvious
>offers zero evidence
>resorts to ad hominem
>expects anyone to take him seriously

wew lad
>>
>>320719002
>And they've still never pushed the game in this way.

Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>320719150
No. I made that up purely to ruse some random dumbfuck on /v/.
>>
>>320719118
>muh ad hominem
>>
>>320719292
>muh muh
>>
>>320718759
Ludwig's was like an equivalent/reference to it.

It still kind of is, except it fits into the game lore as one now too so that's pretty cool.

But yeah it's different than having the real deal, I was worried too at first.
>>
>>320719339
>muh ">muh muh"
>>
>>320719150
Did they ever do that though?

The closest I can remember is a quote from Gamespot on the box which says something about "redefining the combat of its spiritual predesesors".

Obviously brand recognition was a huge part of hyping the game, but I don't think they did it on anything official, gaming media and the community did it all for them (maybe too much, since it's basically treated as "Souls 4: The Bloody Spin off", and Sony may have wanted to build a recognisable ip for themselves)
>>
>Bamco likes to push the difficulty angle
>Old hunter cld bosses were the hardest yet
>FROM will have to outdo those in Dark Souls 3
No wonder Miyazaki said he wants the series to end with 3 he's being pushed into a corner to make a game nobody can beat just to shove it on the box.
>>
>>320719118
You just got BTFO faggot. >>320719048
>>
>>320716280
I'd rather they don't include unfinished shit and force you to go through it like they did with Dark Souls.
>>
>>320719048
fuck dude, and I love snowy castles
reminds of the mansion from TP
>>
>>320720718
That was the very level I was taking about you retarded fuck.
>>
>>320721424
>says it doesn't exist
>gets BTFO
>i-i wasn't talking about that b-baka!

Kek kill yourself.
>>
>>320719894
Souls was constantly brought up during interviews with Miyazaki

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/20/a-conversation-with-bloodborne-creator-hidetaka-miyazaki/
>>
File: 1436755083098.jpg (44 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1436755083098.jpg
44 KB, 398x500
>>320721638
>realise you made a retarded mistake
>i-i'll just pass it off as trolling haha...
>>
>>320715794
The hell is Japan Studio anyway? I know they're an in-house developer for Sony but is it like a single group entity or multiple developer groups working under the same association name while doing different projects? You see them as collaborators in damn near every Playstation game.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.