[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: screen3.png (19 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
screen3.png
19 KB, 640x480
Who here has played off?
I heard good things about it but I didn't enjoy it that much
What do you guys think about it?
>>
>>320693140
>I heard good things about it but I didn't enjoy it that much
Same thing happened to me, funnily enough. I got the true ending and it was really disappointing. I heard the bad ending is even worse, but I can't even imagine it.
>>
I started playing it recently, though I just hit Zone 3 and I'm kind of slogging through now. The setting and colors are interesting, though the game's a chore to play through. There are also too many phone number puzzles that aren't really puzzles but just memorizing a list of numbers as they present themselves.

I did like the library puzzle, though. That one was pretty cool.
>>
>>320694010
>I heard the bad ending is even worse, but I can't even imagine it.
Pretty sure it was a joke ending. Unless you're talking about The Batter's ending being the bad one.
>>
File: Japhet_06.jpg (185 KB, 1000x676) Image search: [Google]
Japhet_06.jpg
185 KB, 1000x676
>>320694203
I thought the area before the final boss ("The Room") was pretty interesting and unsettling.

But yeah, for the most part, the whole game was boring, easy, and 2 deep 4 me. The only redeeming qualities are the soundtrack and character designs. Pic related was my favorite.
>>
>>320694336
I meant the ending you get if you don't go back to all the zones after you purify them. If it's a joke ending, maybe I'll just look it up on youtube.

Oh, and for the record, I tried both The Batter and The Judge's endings. The result was the fucking same.
>>
>>320694886
Oh, then that's not the joke ending. Gonna look it up myself, didn't know there was a 4th ending.
>>
File: purify it.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
purify it.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
It's kind of mediocre as a game. The combat is pretty boring and repetitive and by the end you'll dread every random encounter just because it's more wasted time. The puzzles are pretty good, though, but they can be slightly tedious and a lot of them are just finding out lists of numbers.

The game mostly stands out for it's eccentric and above-average world / atmostphere / story / art. It's... strange. Decent amount of French surrealism influences, among other things. Worth looking at, if only because it's free.
>>
I played it for a bit before giving up on it. The setting and general premise were interesting, but the combat was extremely bland.
>>
#1 OST
#1 npc dialogues
>>
>>320696159
Zacharie a best
>>
>>320693140

OFF is the definition of indie trash
>>
Batter did nothing wrong.
>>
>>320693140
The gameplay is bad, but the writing, art direction, atmosphere, and music are all genuinely really great.

It's pretty surreal, and not in the way of "oh everything is a metaphor for some aspect of a real life trauma or phenomenon" it's genuinely abstract, but it still manages to convey a clear identity that's wholly unsettling.
>>
>>320693140
I would say wait for the remake of it next year? (not really sure when it is desu) because they are going to change all the boring mechanic and make the game more active.
>>
>>320698743
>remake
Link? Source?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.