[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how do you feel about the Summon Materia gimmick for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Bahamut ZEROing in on you.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Bahamut ZEROing in on you.png
2 MB, 1600x900
So, how do you feel about the Summon Materia gimmick for the Midgar stage? Too intrusive like Ridley and Yellow Devil? Really awesome? Meh?
>>
it's surprisingly pretty cool. The only lame one is Ifrit blocking up the screen. The rest seems surprisingly non-intrusive
>>
Much more balanced than the other stage hazards. I really like it when the platforms move.
>>
File: disco inferno.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
disco inferno.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>320689179
I dunno, I like how Ifrit's Hellfire shoves the stage around.

The only one I find a bit lame is Ramuh's. All he does is move the platforms around and zaps people for minimal damage and knockback.
>>
>tfw no Shiva to complete the basic summon trio.
>>
File: finalfantasy10.png (869 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
finalfantasy10.png
869 KB, 1920x1080
>>320689662
too much titty
>>
>>320689662
This. The lack of Shiva was heartbreaking.

>she freezes the stage with Diamond Dust so it has ice physics and you can't grab the edges
>patches of ice particles appear in various spots that freeze anyone who goes into them for a couple of seconds
>>
way better and actually fun, and i hate pretty much all gimmick stages in smash 4.
>>
File: FFIII_Shiva_PSP.jpg (181 KB, 1764x993) Image search: [Google]
FFIII_Shiva_PSP.jpg
181 KB, 1764x993
>>320689785
Bayonetta's in the game, a little bit of titty is tame.
>>
>>320690108
True. I wonder why then no shiva. Likely not as iconic for nostalgia babies
>>
>>320690173

impossible.
>>
>>320690173
I'd argue she's more iconic than Ramuh. Nostalgiafags remember their first magic waifu
>>
>>320690298
>>320690173
I know we'd like to simply add her, but the number of Summons they put in was likely decided on for time/memory issues. So the question is:

Which of the existing Summons would you replace with Shiva?

I'd have to go with Leviathan, even though he's one of my favorites. His gimmick in Smash is kind of meh.
>>
Have you guys noticed the Sector 7 plate has fallen in the Midgar stage
>>
>Tfw crushing opponents between the two halves of the stage after Odin's attack
Truly glorious.
>>
File: 1449341627749.jpg (196 KB, 523x800) Image search: [Google]
1449341627749.jpg
196 KB, 523x800
>>320690615
Fuck you man.
>>
I think it's cool. Wish more stages had less intrusive gimmicks like this one. Hope Bayo's stage is in a similar fashion
>>
File: Bahamut sin.png (670 KB, 777x444) Image search: [Google]
Bahamut sin.png
670 KB, 777x444
How would you feel if, instead of Bahaut ZERO, they had used Bahamut SIN?
>>
>>320689662

Sexism.
>>
>>320689095
Pretty good actually. Most of the the hazard stages are only good for like one play when you're with friends, and everyone just goes away laughing at how shit they are. I could see us playing multiple times on this one though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.