[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I'm getting affliction myself playing this fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14
File: 1450138173717.png (253 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450138173717.png
253 KB, 600x450
I think I'm getting affliction myself playing this fucking game.

Darkest Dungeon thread.
>>
Sup bro. Just beat a hard cleanse mission after two failures in a row. Big difficulty plateau, but I've only lost one person so far, a second string hellion to a heart attack. Loving the buffs to plague-chan.
>>
>>320682995
How's mr. werewolf play? A class that stresses all the other party members seems a bit counterproductive.
>>
File: 1423369703320.png (918 KB, 2135x755) Image search: [Google]
1423369703320.png
918 KB, 2135x755
There were some great Dankest Dungeon generals for a while, anybody have the OC from those threads? Posting what I have.
>>
I lost one of my two original starting characters today after 48 hours gameplay.

I wasnt ready for level 5.

hold me
>>
>>320684263
He's really strong. He can actually decrease stress and increase his own health by transforming, especially if you have stress quirks, trinkets, and crits rolling in your favor.
>>
>>320684263
he can manage his own stress levels and heals very easily with Absolution, and he's an absolute beast in combat. the biggest downside is you cant take vestals with him.
I found two occultists at the back, abomination one of the front two slots then your choice of fourth to be a very successful party
>>
File: 1424425923361.png (470 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1424425923361.png
470 KB, 600x600
>>320684263
He hits like a brick, tho. He's decent when not transformed, he has a meh blight and a good chain whip that does decent damage and stuns, plus a self heal/stress heal that is good for those turns spent faffing about whilst waiting DOTs. to finish people off. Use him to ping off what the GR or AR hit, then go full wolfman when something dangerous comes by.

The main problem is he can't team with lepers, crusaders, and vestals, so fitting him in lineups can be awkward.
>>
help, I have a graverobber with Love Interest (can only visit brothel) and Deviant Tastes (cannot visit brothel)

my poor graverobber just wants to grab some puss but instead she's afflicted and its so expensive to cure quirks
>>
File: 1424620565957.jpg (23 KB, 1015x512) Image search: [Google]
1424620565957.jpg
23 KB, 1015x512
>>320684496

I've lost a Reynault once, it sucks, sorry bro. Such are roguelikes... he knew the risks, and he died fighting evil.

You monster.
>>
>>320683935

There was one Plague Doctor who was so dear to me.
I recruited her right after the tutorial. Her quirks were excellent, stood out in the combat, and for some reason, she never afflicted. Even if she reached 100 stress, she always overcame it with virtue. I loved her. I gave her a special name and the best of the trinkets. However, when I was on cleanse quest. In just mere seconds, she died by skeletions' multiple critical hits. I almost burst out a tear, no shit.
But I collected myself and finish the quest not to let her sacrifice be in vain. I didn't have a dinner that night. Too much depression. I still think of her whenever I boot up the game. I never had such emotinal moment playding video game before.
>>
File: Dazed, reeling. About to break.gif (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dazed, reeling. About to break.gif
257 KB, 500x500
>>320684496
>>320685005
>Letting Reynault or Dismas die
>>
I didnt realise until today that plague doctors have a camp skill that cures diseases, so you can use that to dodge fees and checking them into the hospital
>>
File: 1424425085612.jpg (304 KB, 1360x767) Image search: [Google]
1424425085612.jpg
304 KB, 1360x767
>>320685230

Nice... is there one of it rising and falling?
>>
File: 1424985248173.jpg (731 KB, 1011x1166) Image search: [Google]
1424985248173.jpg
731 KB, 1011x1166
This is probably canon.
>>
>wyrd reconstruction
>0!
>bleed

aaaaaaaaafgh
>>
>>320685628
>Can still see vagina lips
>>
File: 1424200408799.jpg (121 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1424200408799.jpg
121 KB, 1024x576
Llast dank pic I have.
>>
>>320685675
That's why you put the trinket on him that lowers his bleed proc chance
>>
>>320685094
Yeah, I was fighting the swine god only to have a leper knight and vestal I really liked get sent to deaths door...AND FUCKING KILLED BY WILBER MARKING THE TWO OF THEM. Now I can hardly play the game.
>>
how quickly the tide turns :^)
>>
>>320684791
She's sadly not fucked, so she's fucked. Either sit her out til you can get the gold or dismiss her and get one with less issues. They're easy to level up so I wouldn't sweat it.
>>
>>320685879

>filename

This explains what happened to the baby!
>>
File: darkest visual pun.gif (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
darkest visual pun.gif
257 KB, 500x500
>>320684379
>>
>>320682995
>casual roguelite
>commercial
>RNG dependent

get cucked by roguelikes that have been in development for decades, free and have intricate systems. you're objectively a moron if you buy any commercial roguelikes
>>
>>320685675
>Crit Heal
>1 Hp
T-thanks, occultist.
>>
Jester seems underpowered, so I've mostly been leaving him on the sidelines. (in a cast.)

Has anybody had much luck with using him as a burst damage dealer with Dirk stab and finale? I've usually been switching between ballad and bleeds.
>>
>>320686424
always take a plague doctor with your occultist

but I do really like the risk reward factor of occultist heal
>>
File: 1420355529030.gif (2 MB, 316x222) Image search: [Google]
1420355529030.gif
2 MB, 316x222
This represents the fun I experience every time I fire up this game.
>>
>>320686514
I dont think ive taken him out more than once, he upsets my party order with all his move skills

i wish the adhd fuck would just sit still
>>
>>320686516
I take an Arbalest, those 33% boost heals can save lives in the cove.
>>
>>320686516

This, or just buy some bandages.
>>
>>320686643
haven't played since like, march or so, got my 20 hours out of the game then said I was waiting for the thing to be complete. new classes and shit fun?
>>
>>320686514
He does great for short missions, but other wise his moves just don't stack up and you can replace him with a hitter or a healer instead.
>>
>>320686514
I just leave the move skills and take him for bleed damage in the warrens.

He's never been particularly vital or impressive. I keep one around in case they buff him.
>>
>>320686643
PD is great in cove, it's full of bleeds, especially in later levels, plus she can stink bomb the fish at arms.

I haven't been a big fan of arbalest. I get that she's a support character, but it just seems odd that grave robber can usually out DPS her big honkin' crossbow.
>>
>Meet those fucking goblet throwing skeletons which send my guys running in terror or dying of heart attacks.
>ENOUGH
>Start compiling a team.
>Two Crusaders, two vestals.
>Everyone has Ruins Adventurer and Photomania, so -40% stress resist from quirks.
>Crusaders use their camp abilities to add another 40% to the vestals and 55% to themselves.
>Use items to bump everyone the rest of the way to 100% stress resist.

Seems like every time they complete a quest though, someone winds up with a stress increasing quirk and I have to send them to the sanitarium. But you know, dungeons are so much easier when you can completely ignore goblet skeletons. Hell, up until last patch, there was no penalty for healing to full with one guy left every fight since I couldn't accrue stress.
>>
anybody know if this is going on sale soon? I want to buy it for a friend for christmas.

Mainly so I can have someone to discuss it with.
>>
has anyone killed one of those shambler fuckers?
>>
>>320686783
If you ask me, Arbalest is the hardest hitting unit in the game. 25% crit chance, +100% damage and 10% to marked enemies with a minimum of 22 damage in most cases makes big enemies a cakewalk.

Abomination makes the Leper obsolete, and the Man at Arms with the right set up can tank even the heaviest hits for rounds on end. So yeah the new classes are awesome shit, just wish the older classes compared to them.
>>
>>320687276
Yeah. My advice it to do it early, around level 3 or 4, cause at champ levels he's near impossible and his drops suck at that level for some reason. Lower levels though, I always get an ancestor trinket.
>>
Slowly, softly, this is how a life is taken
>>
What's the best class and why is it houndmaster?
>>
I played it when the early access first came out, is there anything actually different yet? I think I heard they nerfed PROT from being completely broken but is there even any more content yet?
>>
>>320687689
New areas and quite a few new characters.
>>
>>320687296
>man-at-arms nerfed to oblivion
>still viable

That's good to hear, I was sad when I saw they nerfed riposte a few patches back. I had a team of 3 man-at-arms and a vestal and all I did was riposte x3 and heal every turn. Killed the swine king in a few turns.
>>
>>320686514
I've done a few things with him. I'll start by saying his major strength is he can fill any position in your roster and still preform a use, so on the off-chance you can't fill a slot (I had issues for a while doing yellow quests because everyone kept promoting to level 5 and I couldn't make a good team with what I had left), you can probably stick a jester in there and have him contribute in some way.

First thing I did was have him stay in position 4 and spam his speed/crit buff to help my group end the fight faster and reduce stress after crits. His stress heal is the strongest in the game with maybe the exception of the houndmaster's, and it's easy to keep your team completely stress free with it, especially with a buff or two during camp. Still, you wind up with a character who basically sits in the back and contributes no damage or healing on their own like that.

Second, I'd use them to rack up bleeds in later dungeons, I didn't like it all that much because bleeds are not a very quick way to kill stuff and thus requires a lot of healing. Still, when you're facing stuff that's sitting with 50%+ prot, it's not a bad idea to stack bleeds, and the jester can bleed two enemies at once.

Last one was actually spamming solo with a high debuff chance. Datamining shows most monsters at level 5 missions have about 120-140 accuracy. With a high dodge chance, spamming solo keeps reducing the enemy accuracy further, resulting in very high miss chances, meaning less stress and less damage taken. You won't be doing any damage again, but you can easily keep a -30% hit chance on all enemies like this, and with some work, bring your effective dodge rate to 70 or 80%.

I don't use the jester much just because there's usually more straightforeward ways to play, but I still keep one around because they can go in any slot.
>>
any absolute madman combos viable?

four occultists sort of thing?
>>
>>320687907
He can't riposte constantly, but he still tanks hits like a champ. You just have to reset it every few turns.
>>
>>320687276
I killed one on a green quest. His primary thing is stress I'd say, though his damage shouldn't be under-estimated. I took a Vestal, a Highwayman, a Crusader, and an arbalest, things were going well but I had high stress levels across the board, and just before I killed him, my Vestal got put at death's door and killed herself with Masochistic affliction on the first hit. Walked away with a trinket that gives +25% virtue chance, I don't think it's worth it since the highest virtue chance you can get is 80%.
>>
>The Collector

OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE
IN THE LAST DAMN CORRIDOR FROM THE SIREN
FUCK YOU NIGGER

I MAD
>>
File: 1449892782321.png (130 KB, 394x360) Image search: [Google]
1449892782321.png
130 KB, 394x360
>>320682995
I am so fucking bad at this game it hurts, I wish I was good so I could enjoy it.
>>
>>320688458
You get a random ancestor's trinket every time you kill a shambler, some suck but some are amazing. I use a Grave Robber with a +5% crit chance musket ball.
>>
Are they going to add achievement?
>>
is there a point in weps/Armour i should be getting before trying level + dungeons?

15 of my art members are that but I cant fucking finish one dungeon, im bad at this game
>>
>>320688627
don't even start with that fuck. i've had to quit every mission he shows up on, since he NEVER FUCKING SHOWS UP WHEN I HAVE IRON SWAN.
>>
>>320689046

whoops, meant level 3 + dungeons
>>
>>320688771
I don't like the vast majority of ancestor's trinkets. They usually have a strong, single effect with very little drawbacks, but for my damage characters, I'd rather use a sun/moon ring and for my tanks camo cloaks/sun capes.
>>
>>320686514

I never use the Jester. I did try him out thoroughly, but I don't even hire them anymore.

Not because they're terrible or anything like that, not at all. It's actually a pretty decent unit that can do a bit of everything. And that's actually the problem. While I like the appeal of "Jack-of-all-trades", Jester falls too much into the "Master of none". Anything he can do, there's another unit that can do it better.

I have no clue how to "fix" Jester, because unlike Leper, which just needs to stop being a gambling class, he's supposed to not excel in anything. A shame, though.
>>
>>320686514
Jesters are ___ shit.
>>
>>320689068
if you run PD you can stack blight on him pretty easy. i think he takes bleed too. not that he isnt an annoying fuck but its sometimes doable
>>
Man, I've really got to pick DD back up. I stopped playing before it officially came out.
>>
>>320689764
maybe if instead of having skills that restored sanity, he just had a passive sanity restoring effect? like -2 insanity per hero a turn, something that makes him just nice to have
>>
>>320690332
That or any buff / debuff he does have a secondary function. Like some kind of riposte equivalent, or something like Lunge / Shadowstep.

He could be more like the Grave Robber, but focused on team buffs instead of just self buffs. I don't fucking know, really.
>>
File: umvkMtF.jpg.png (303 KB, 591x915) Image search: [Google]
umvkMtF.jpg.png
303 KB, 591x915
ronin when
>>
>>320691176
far east pack
>ronin
>geisha
>shinobi
>lost messenger
>>
>>320691479
take my money
>>
>>320690332
I think he's fine as is, maybe a slight buff for Finale. Either that, or replace Dirk Stab and Finale with a single skill that does something different based on the rank you stand, but always moves you forward until you're in the front row.

The jester's real strength is that he's always got something ready no matter what position he's in and his skill have a large variance in them: Bleeds, buffs, direct damage, and stress heals. He works the best with Grave Robbers and Highwaymen, and could really use a healer that's not position dependent (Vestal and Occultist are limited to position 3 and 4 healing only, the Crusader is stuck in position 1&2, and the arbalist, if you decided to use her for that role, can only really do it in the far back.).
>>
>>320690081
You can pick it back up when it officially comes out on January 19th.
>>
tfw
>Wake up, they're upon us!
>>
>>320692483
Oh, I thought it already did. Okay, I guess I may as well wait.
>>
File: catslap.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
catslap.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>320692506
>the enemy was surprised
>>
two 0 occultist heals when i have two party members on deaths door

stress simulator 2015
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.