[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters who will likely be cut for smash 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: Smash 5 Cuts.jpg (133 KB, 1255x574) Image search: [Google]
Smash 5 Cuts.jpg
133 KB, 1255x574
ITT: Characters who will likely be cut for smash 5
>>
>>320680596
Why would Corrin be cut but not Robin?
>>
>final smash direct happens
>everyone starts making threads about smash 5
kek
calm down familia, not gonna happen until like 2023
>>
>>320680596
They'll most likely come back as dlc, and I don't see Kamui/Corrin being cut since his moveset is arguably unique. Smash characters are chosen based on their potential to be fighters and not out of sacred holy "museum of the most iconic video game characters ever" like some dorks make it out to be.
>>
>>320681039
More like 2019-2020
The average gap between new smash games is 5 years.
>>
OP did you edit Lucina's face and put Brock's?
>>
>>320680596
>Corrin
Not Ike or Robin.
>>
>>320680596
Don't forget Ike is going to be cut for Chrom, anon. Muh patterns.
>>
ROYS OUR BOY
ROYS OUR BOY
>>
>>320682526
Chrom is already in the game as part of Robin's final smash. No need to replace Ike with him.
>>
Keep Robin and Roy, Roy is unique enough to stay and Robin really isn't much of a sword fighter

Fire Emblem should just stick to 4 reps, tone it down on the anime characters
>>
>>320681034
Probably because it is likely that Fates won't sell as much as Awakening.
>>
>>320680596
why Corrin?

his playstyle is unique enough to stick for a little longer.

>>320683118
I think they should stick with Marth, Ike, Robin and corrin, each of their moveset are unique enough.

plus a rep for a future game in the series.
>>
I have a feeling Shulk isnt coming back
>>
>>320683304
Fates will sell three times more than Awakening.
>>
>>320680596
Nah they'll be back.
>>
>>320680596
I think they should keep Doc, since original Mario doesn't have lariat anymore and Doc is way heavier, he's different enough. That and I never got used to fludd, so I'd miss him. Lucina and Dark Pit I wouldn't miss though.
>>
>>320683761
The only reason I could see is if they replaced him with the protagonist from Xenoblade X, but it's more likely they'll only make small changes to Shulk and have them both.
>>
>>320684268
the thing is that the whole Monado gimmick is exclusive to shulk already, they will probably bring someone from Xenoblade X but his moveset wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>320680596
>clone corner crew
>ryu, cloud and bayomayo (might double back as dlc again)
>rosalina
>sheik replaced by impa
>regular samus (sakurai clearly forgot about her)
>>
>>320680596

Why Corrin?

FE Rep: Marth
Radiance Rep: Ike
Awakening Rep: Robin
Fates Rep: Corrin

All of them have unique movesets
>>
>>320683014
That guy was trying to say that people thought that Ike would be replaced with Chrom since Awakening was the new hotness, and since Melee, the FE reps besides Marth like Roy and Ike have been celebrations for the game that was current at the time.
>>
>>320680596
>implying FE characters will be cut ever again

As long as Sakurai stays as the director they will keep coming back and gaining more and more until it eventually surpasses even Mario in reps.
>>
>>320680596
If those characters do end up getting cut, I won't miss them.

>>320682357
>ike

Not for a long time. I hope.
>>
>>320683304
Fates is the best selling Fire Emblem game in Japan.
>>
File: really.png (12 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
really.png
12 KB, 250x391
>>320680596

>Implying they'll cut new FE hotness
>Implying they'll cut the easiest clones to make.
>Implying they won't cut them and sell them again as DLC.
>>
>>320680596
>Any Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus character being cut

You do realize this is Masahrio "I'm not biased" Sakurai we are talking about, right?
>>
>>320680596
Fucking all of them because there's not going to be a Smash 5

You dumb shits
>>
>>320681034
Because Awakening is the game that 'saved the franchise', and Robin has a unique gimmick with air smash attacks.
>>
>>320687619

The only way there isn't going to be a Smash 5 is if Nintendo dies before the next system is finished. Dropping Smash would be like dropping Mario Kart or Mario Party, it's not going to happen.
>>
>Charizard
>Shulk
>DarkPit
>Roy
>Lucina

these are the most likely
>>
>>320688367
>Charizard
yeah they're going to cut the #2 character from the #2 series
retard
>>
>>320688861
Pikachu > Jiggly > Mewtwo
These 3 stay forever.
>>
>>320688861
No one is talking about Lucario, anon.
>>
File: 1431966242172.png (344 KB, 715x671) Image search: [Google]
1431966242172.png
344 KB, 715x671
>>320688861
>#2 series
what is your metric
reps in game?
sales numbers for base game?
pulling numbers out of your ass?
>>
>>320689283
except for Brawl mirite
>>320689294
hence why I wasn't talking about Lucario
>>
>>320689621
>implying anyone cares about Tripping Simulator 2008
>>
>>320689430
the value of the franchise
>>
>>320689430
If it was based on sales, Wii Fit would be #1 series.
It should get like 7 new reps for Smash 5 to properly represent how important Wii Fit is.
>>
File: MegaCharizardX.gif (1017 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
MegaCharizardX.gif
1017 KB, 500x281
>>320689694
not to mention Mewtwo had to be added in DLC. Please anon Zard trumps Mewtwo any day.
>>
>>320689696
>value of the franchise
so, your ass, got it
>>
>>320690050
you wanna live in a world where Wii Sports would sell better on the open market, fine by me. I'll be over here in the real world
>>
>>320690201
I'm just saying if we go by an objective "#2 smash series" rating such as reps in game, Fire Emblem beats out pokememes
>>
>>320690302
that's conclusory, might as well say pokemon beats fire emblem in number of pikachus
>>
>>320680596
replace corrin with toon link and its perfect
>>
>>320680596
I honestly think cutting characters is dumb. I say keep everyone and just add more people.

They should actually make an Adventure Mode or something this time. Keep everything EXCEPT Smash Tour, just drop that shit. Bring back BtT, RttF, and make a proper Classic Mode.

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>320691785
>and just add more people.
Yeah, because Smash isn't a cluttered mess of a game already.
Fucking hell, man. Adding any more people than there already are is retarded.
I'd say cut the least liked characters and clones and straight out replace them all.
>>
I don't think they will be cutting alot of characters next game. Smash 4 recycled a bunch of assets from Brawl including animations, they just make the models prettier and they're done.

The only reasons why they cut characters from Brawl to Smash 4 is 3DS hardware limitations (Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Shiek) or probably some legal hubbub (Snake). Don't know why Wolf and initially Lucas was cut though.
>>
>>320692202
Are you saying more choice is a bad thing? There is literally nothing wrong with more characters. The only limitation is disc space and then hard drive space.
>>
>>320692202
>I'd say cut the least liked characters
Every character has their fans
>>
>>320680596
I don't think any cuts are likely as long as Amiibos stick around
>>
>>320692484
>There is literally nothing wrong with more characters
That would be a compelling argument if it weren't for the fact that almost a fifth of the roster is nothing but fucking clones.
>>
>>320692958
I hope you realize what you just said actually means nothing
>>
File: 1415507398409.jpg (54 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1415507398409.jpg
54 KB, 512x512
>Add
Inkling (this is obviously a shoe-in, but still)
K. Rool (There should be no legal trouble here, I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns him 100%)
Cranky Kong
Takamaru for the next retro rep.
Ridley
I honestly can't think of that many more characters to add, but I'm not very creative.
>Merge into a costume
Doc with Mario
Lucina and Roy with Marth
Dark Pit with Pit
Lucas with Ness
Falco with Fox, and bring back Wolf as his own character. Alternatively, give Falco Wolf's properties.
>Rework
Ganondorf: I don't even need to say it. Possibly bring in Black Shadow to take Ganondorf's old moveset.
Toon Link: Give him a completely different moveset where he uses items from The Wind Waker, possibly from PH and ST too (i didnt play those games so i know shit about them). Toon Link is too notable a character from Nintendo history to cut entirely, but he really needs to stand apart from regular Link.
Palutena: Get rid of her stupid custom movesets gimmick and make her like the rest of the cast.
>>
>>320687667
Corrin also has air smash attacks or some sort of system similar to that.

I was making a chart showing which moves are sword based or which were dragon based, and corrin seems to have 2 down airs shown, and definatly has 2 versions of the same tilts.

>>320693550
I'd like them to actually do what they did for palutena but for everybody.
>>
>>320683118
95% of Smash characters are in the "Anime" style including Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda, don't see what you're getting at.
Characters ought to be chosen based on their moveset potencial moreso than popularity, or "icon" status. Smash has always been about that, otherwise we wouldn't have a good chunk of the non-Mario/Zelda/Pokemon characters there.
>>
>>320680596
Dark Pit and Doctor Mario should be alternates of Pit and Mario. Lucina and Roy however should have a full unique custom moveset to them. Corrin should be kept as he is considering he is his own character.
>>
Ryu, Cloud, Megaman, and Pacman might not come back because of legal reasons
One of the FE characters (Roy, Corrin, or Robin) will be removed, people will complain, and they will be reworked and added as DLC
Either Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, or Lucina will be removed, people will complain, and they will be added as DLC

As for characters that might be added:
Toon Zelda/ Toon Sheik (probably Tetra) were supposed to be in Brawl, so they would probably be the first Zelda characters to be added.
Also a pokemon rep from gen 7 or 8.
I'm guessing another Sonic character would be added to.
The protagonist from Xenoblade X will most likely be added.
>>
>>320693550
Toon Link needs to be cut entirely.
>>
>>320681039
>Sakurai retires Smash and opts to make a spinoff instead

I would be collecting the tears when this shit happens.
>>
>>320693550
I agree on Palutena, she needs to have the right moveset that works for her. On Toon Link, I can't agree because Toon Link is essentially an alternate of Young Link with minor changes in his attack properties. He could easily be an alternative for Link were it not for his stature.
>>
>>320680596
>Implying one single Fire Emblem character (even Lucina) is going to get cut with Sakurai at the helm
>>
>>320695468
>Protogonist of Xenoblade X
>Gets a slot
Ain't gonna happen, otherwise they would have anounced it within this direct by now. Corrin's placement was announced timely to get people hyped up for Fire Emblem Fates. However, I don't think Smash will help Fire Emblem this time around. If anything, Smash and FE are two different series with different crowds of people with their own taste. Smash never helped Fire Emblem gain notoriety in the first place. Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones sold well on the GBA because JRPGs/SRPGs were hot during that time, Tactics Ogre on the GBA also sold half a million without any exposure like that of Smash.
Its highly unlikely crossover demographics between Smash and FE are big, hence why Corrin's placement doesn't make sense and isn't practical from a DLC perspective as not a lot of people are going to buy him. Nintendo is wasting their time, if they really want to promote Fire Emblem Fates, they should work on improving the general quality of the game instead.
>>
>>320685757
this is just not true. No FE has gotten close to FE3 in Japan yet
>>
>>320683834
I see what you did there.
>>
>>320696235
Awakening surpassed FE3 and is closing in on 2 million worldwide. Fates may eventually reach Awakening's sales and surpass it or otherwise end up like Sacred Stones did with Blazing Sword; where it sold relatively well but not as much as Awakening.
>>
>>320696404
>>320696404
Where are you getting those numbers? The figures I've seen have FE3 at ~700k in Japan and Awakening at ~500k in japan
>>
>>320680596
I wouldn't be surprised if Greninja got axed for whatever new poké is in at the time
>>
>>320696576
In Japan yes, but we're talking about the series worldwide, and that's where Awakening excelled at. But you're right, FE 3 or Mystery of the Emblem is still the highest selling game in the series to date, although from a gameplay, story and character perspective, Genealogy of the Holy War, Path of Radiance, and Blazing Sword were far better than Marth's Altea series.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.