[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Devils Third gets extremely limited physical copies >Fatal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_4461.jpg (293 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4461.jpg
293 KB, 1049x1500
>Devils Third gets extremely limited physical copies
>Fatal frame gets nothing physical
>Pikmin 3 also has limited stock
>also stupid as fuck censorships that make no sense

What the hell is up with NOA? It's just so damn confusing.
>>
>>320672787
Nintendo is killing themselves through incompetence. It's not like they're going to disappear tomorrow, but everyone at NOA needs to be canned and a fresh start needs to be had.

Nintendo of Japan is one of the most mis-managed companies ever. They're full of old men who have no idea how the internet works, how people view their foreign markets, or even how people use their consoles outside of schoolyard children and people who live inside monster hunter cafes.

It's no surprise that they neglect NOA and NOA in turn shits the bed any opportunity they get.
>>
>>320672787
By the way was this game any good?
>>
>>320672787
Devil's Third is a garbage game that nobody wants. They will be LUCKY to sell through the stock they actually made.
>>
File: 1395027280643.jpg (61 KB, 622x404) Image search: [Google]
1395027280643.jpg
61 KB, 622x404
Why would they ever bother printing more copies of this piece of shit? Collector's get the physical because they're retards, everybody else can buy it on the Eshop. The only reason they even released it physically is that they had a deal with stores to release it physically; they probably didn't expect the game to be hot fucking garbage.

Inb4 "B-but it's not so bad! It's like a generic PS2 game from 2003, but it's not so bad!"
>>
>>320673190
The game is sold out everywhere and on eBay for stupid amounts.

It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>320672787
>>Fatal frame gets nothing physical
What? It's sitting beside my TV.
>>
>>320673285
Keep reading beyond the greentext
>>
>>320672787
>printing low copies of DT
>fuck up
The only fuck up was printing any copies at all
>>
This shit is why nintendo has had bad relationships with 3rd parties for 25 years, and why NX will be a failure.
>>
>>320673181
I just typed up a huge response but 4chan lost it all when I accidentally clicked back. So I'll give the gist of it.

It tries to be a cover based shooter and a slasher action game, but it fails on both counts. When you're in melee range, enemies will just pull out guns and shoot you with your pitiful health. When you're at ranged, enemies will charge at you with melee weapons. The attempt to blend melee and cover-based shooting broke huge chunks of this game that no one ever bothered to fix. Enemies will shoot tiny bits of you that hang out from around cover with laserlike precision even when completely against cover using the built-in cover system. The enemy has no sense of scale or health. Later enemies in the game are just sponges that soak up bullets while instant killing you in melee.

It was an attempt to blend Ninja Gaiden action with modern third person shooter gunplay. And the result is something that fans of either wouldn't enjoy. The Ninja gaiden action is simplified, way shallower than any of the NG games. The cover based shooting is mediocre at best with limited weapon selection, awful cover mechanics, and sections that seem to drag on and on and more and more bullet sponges are thrown into arenas.

Which is a shame because the game does shine at parts. Black military man is probably the most fun boss fight in the game. It's you, two axes, vs him and two Kukris. He's straight-up a ninja gaiden boss, and if the whole game was like his boss fight it would be at least a fun slasher game to blow through in a few hours.

Considering all the shitty modern warfare sections it has, it's not worth either. It makes sense that there were only 420 games in stock in the whole of the US if that is the kind of product they released.
>>
>>320674078
And to add: All the really bad parts of the game feel like the result of outside intervention. I do not see Itagaki actually putting some of this shit into a game he is directing when he railed against it for years.

>Turret sections
>Cover based shooter gameplay that spans 70% of the game
>Melee combat that can be finished with an instant kill move on just regular guys.
>A zombie section that's forgotten almost immediately
>Exploding setpieces
>Boss fights that are just "spam grenades on the bad guy as he never gets close enough to hurt you"

It really does feel like the end-result of executive meddling. Like someone from Nintendo went to Itagaki and said "We want cover based shooter! Other consoles have it, Americans love it. Wii-u need cover based shooter, make cover based shooter, do so now."

It's baffling and also a little saddening. The only way I could recommend Devil's Third is if you only own a Wii-u as your only console and you just really want a dumb cover-based shooter with some nice slashy bits to plow through in a weekend and then return to Gamestop.
>>
>>320674078
>>320674529
The appeal was always the online multiplayer. I'd be getting it just for that but I hear there's not even international servers, meaning once the NA playerbase is gone, my game is worthless.
>>
>>320674639
Fortunately, you don't need to get it for that.

The multiplayer-only version is coming to steam.

I'm not kidding.
>>
Man, how did Itagaki fuck up this much?
>>
File: 1437600661545.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437600661545.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>literally 7 copies printed for all of NA
On a scale of mad to fucking furious, how assblasted do you think Itagaki is?
>>
>>320675001
He will never be mad enough to me, you cannot screw up on this scale and expect nothing to happen
>>
>>320674078
Aha, that was in depth.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>320675001
He's completely up in arms. He's been shitting himself on facebook. I think he even tried to start an open discussion on north american sales stats and whatnot so he could defend it or something. Really, go check his page out. It's kinda sad. I feel bad for ol' cookieface
>>
>>320675273
Link?
>>
>see an ad for it in FUCKING GAMESTOP
>ask them about it
>they don't even have any copies

what the fuck nintendo
>>
>>320674975

NGB was a happy mistake and he's never really had a clue.
>>
File: Tomonobu.png (68 KB, 913x929) Image search: [Google]
Tomonobu.png
68 KB, 913x929
>>320675389
Just search his name up. It's really not hard to find him. FB is his biggest contact with fans.
>>
>>320675495
I think its more to do with his departure from Team Ninja. Neither they nor Itagaki have been doing as good as they were when they were working together. Whole being greater than the sum of its parts, and all that.
>>
>>320672787
Wii U is a sinking ship and Nintendo know it.
>>
>>320675717
And that's why I respect Itagaki.
>>
>>320676597
It's kind of respectable, but it's clear he's pretty insecure about everything. I wish he'd just stood by and let his work speak for itself instead of playing damage control all the time. Eyes forward and all that
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Aussie master race :^)
>>
>>320677081

Enjoy your censored game.
>>
Devil's Third seems like a game that could have been great if it just had more time in the oven. The way it is, it's an uncomfortable mixture of true fun and what-the-fuck-are-you-even-doing.
>>
>mfw community is small enough that I can identify some players by name accurately

Holy fuck, this clan shit might matter nere.
>>
>>320677168
Muh lingerie

Don't give a fug, m80
>>
>>320674529

Itagaki was the producer.
>>
>>320678361
Don't worry bro you'll be seeing mine soon enough.
>>
>>320673058
>It's no surprise that they neglect NOA and NOA in turn shits the bed any opportunity they get.

What? Pretty sure all these horrible decision comes from NoA and NoA only.
Those old retard were probably, mostly, clueless about all the shit they made.

> how people view their foreign markets

Which they rely on their branches in each region.

> or even how people use their consoles outside of schoolyard children and people who live inside monster hunter cafes.
>told Kamiya to make bayo sexier with the Nintendo outfit
>funding Bayo2
>fairly promoted Devils Third

NoJ did all the right thing by making these title possible.
The one that is fucking with us is NoA, not NoJ.
>>
>>320678728

Then you are a part of the disease.
>>
>>320674529
>"We want cover based shooter! Other consoles have it, Americans love it. Wii-u need cover based shooter, make cover based shooter, do so now."
You do realize that Devils Third on WiiU is essentially a port of a 360/PS3 game that lost its Publisher right?
All Nintendo did is become the publisher for an already finished game, they didn't ask for this game to be made.
>>
>limited stock for bad games that will sell less than Bayonetta 2

woah
>>
>>320679204
Fuck off NoA shills.
>>
>>320672787
White people (including the ones on /v/) are retarded: More at 11.
>>
>>320678871
Oh but then there's dozens on clans with one member, and three or four that have already dominated the available territories. Makes it difficult to make any headway.
>>
>>320679272
>I want more copy of bad game

WOAH
>>
>>320679428
...and whats wrong with that?
More copies on market means that the game price won't get inflated due to the rarity of it.
The only people who lose money here is the publisher, not the customer, for printing too much.
>>
File: iligHbbRqKAuGtcWunGw_MarvThumb.jpg (132 KB, 692x692) Image search: [Google]
iligHbbRqKAuGtcWunGw_MarvThumb.jpg
132 KB, 692x692
Devil's Third's fate depresses me

The original build for 360 and ps3 looked fantastic. Like NG2 with guns and it was sleek as fuck. Now Itagaki is finished. I remembered people being hyped for NG2 like they would be for a Kojima game back in 2007/8.

Now he is nothing. Very depressing. NGB and 2 were masterpieces.
>>
>>320672787
I want to support nintendo, but I am mad at NOA actions, fucking americans ruin everything they touch you cancer of the world.
>>
>>320680485
>american businesses ruin everything they touch
fixed
>>
>>320672787
Considering how badly received the game was in Europe, its no surprise NOA turns a blind eye to it. While I don't care about this game, I don't believe NOA should shelve it away altogether without explaining it to their fans. Nintendo as a whole needs to improve its customer relations, they need to be more transparent whether its about their releases, localization process or any content they censor or cut.
>>
>>320674975
>implying any game gets out of development hell unscathed
Stick of Truth is the only real exception that comes to mind and that one had cut content out the ass
>>
>>320672787
They're being smart. They know that lhoysical copies of these "mature" games are not in high demand and most people will buy digital. You can blame this strategy directly on their surveys and I, for one, don't mind it.

Basically the target audience that will buy a very niche game in an already much console is probably an adult male with disposable income who is tech savvy and embraces digital media. The others are collectors who will shell out ridiculous amounts of money to scalpers for physical copies this keeping a rarity and demand to collecting. It's all smart business.
>>
>>320682045
What was the last mature game to even come out on WiiU? Watch_Dogs?

>tfw I own every M-rated WiiU game except the Ass Creed ports and that shitty Walking Dead FPS
I'm not sure why
>>
NoA is in dire need of a major restructuring, their company still operates like it's the fucking 1980s. If they can't get their shit together before NX launch it's over for Nintendo outside Japan.
>>
>>320679687
nah, forever inferior Kamiya and Itusno. NGB is the most overrated action game.
>>
Why is America so mad about this, it's on the eshop anyway and was confirmed trash months ago
>>
File: 1450051530680.png (184 KB, 359x237) Image search: [Google]
1450051530680.png
184 KB, 359x237
>>320674078
>tfw Grandul Saha was the only thing worth fighting against in this game.

This game should've just been a Ninja Gaiden successor instead of mix and mashing all these mechanics
>>
>>320680485
NoJ is the real problem, and I don't know why /v/ doesn't focus more on them.

NoA ain't perfect, but it is NoJ that gives us underpowered consoles, bad online and prevents third party support.
>>
>>320682897
Just like Fatal Frame, some of us like physical copies.
>>
>>320683743
>Prevents Third Party support

Do you not remember Howard Lincoln and all the deals he secured for Nintendo?

Reggie is just a meme machine, he's not an actual executive like Lincoln was.
>>
>>320685501
NoJ is the one that makes gimmicks and terrible power for the consoles, which is ultimately what drives them away.
>>
>>320683743
Wonder if its similar to the disconnect between Sega of Japan and their western branches.
>>
File: 1429579687536.jpg (7 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
1429579687536.jpg
7 KB, 250x202
>>320672787
I miss GCN era NoA.

At least back then the localization team could actually write.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.