[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEAN GREENS PATCH 1.5 Animations: - Melting death animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: header[1].jpg (139 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
139 KB, 460x215
MEAN GREENS PATCH 1.5
Animations:

- Melting death animation added
- Improved blending for jump shooting
Networking:

- Temporarly disabled join game (It's currently being reworked)
- Added random vote to server lobby
- Increased timeout to prevent loss of host incase of extream packet loss
Keybindings:

- Added movement bindings
- Added weapon quick select bindings
Note: This change may effect your current custom bindings
Weapons:

- Rocket launcher now has 60 second cool down
- Rocket launcher direct hit damage is now only 90
- All other weapon cooldowns are also at 30 secs now
- Crosshair is no longer hidden during jumping
- New crosshair for shotgun and flamethrower
>>
Oh damn they actually listened for complaints like melting
>>
Met a bunch of devs at a conference in LA back in August

Nobody wanted to answer my simple questions lol I'm surprised they even are fixing issues that fans mention.
>>
>>320635323
Sweet if this keeps going on like this i might buy it by the end of the month
They really need to up the player cap on maps.
>>
how is this not violating all kinds of copyrights? Am I the only one left here old enough to remember the army man games?
>>
By the way, 1.4 added jump-shooting, a much-needed global cd on rockets, and longer grenade fuse
They're really listening to feedback
>>
Neat, maybe now I can convince my friends to play with me instead of whining about it.
>>
>>320637068
They're working on it. Right now it's at 8v8 and they have experimented with 10v10
>>
>>320637371
Because Army Men didn't invent plastic army man toys.
>>
>>320637653

Is there something wrong with just letting players set their own cap? On day 1 we had a few games of 25v25 that ran perfectly, the maps didn't support it well but the game ran flawlessly.
>>
>>320637936
I'm not sure what their issue is.. But it seems like they're heading in that direction. They were talking about adding vehicles, by assumption, I guess that means larger levels with more players.
>>
>>320637371
Nigger i loved army men games
3d a best.
Also , army men didnĀ“t invent toy soldiers.
>>
>>320635323
>Melting death animation added
Devs actually listening to player requests? Fuck, I might have to buy this game if it goes on sale next week.
>>
The OST is great
>>
>>320637707
>>320638045
And Disney didn't invent mice, but if I made a cartoon about a mouse piloting a tugboat you can be sure they'd crawl down my ass with a C&D seconds after I published.
>>
>>320638496
That's because it's disney.
>>
REMOVE TAN FROM THE PREMISES
GREEN ARMY STRONG
>>
>>320638496
Except toy soldiers have existed since before video games were even invented. I really hope you're just pretending to be retarded here.
>>
>>320638715
Tan master race.
>>
>>320638496
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>320638762
>>320638915
What I'm getting at is they're making a copy of a 20 year old game and whoever bought the rights from 3do is doing a poor job protecting their IP.
>>
>>320639616
Army Men toys were already an established thing. I don't see how this is stealing. Are you saying that Skate stole from Tony Hawk? Or SSX took from 1080?
>>
>>320638042
A bug I kept running into day one was with 10v10 servers, when the player count was above the dev's limit, I would lose connection after the match ended instead of returning to lobby.
>>
>>320640491
Yeah, they're working their way towards uping the cap. I think it may happen soon, as it seems like their taking everyone's ideas.
>>
>>320639772
those games had different takes on the same concepts. This is the same genre in the same style now with the same death animation. If I made a third person cart racer about customizable penny racers, would that not be a ripoff of Penny Racers?

Maybe if they had picked a different genre, or tone, or even setting I wouldn't think this was odd, but all they're bringing new to the table is larger scale multiplayer, which the original games couldn't do due to the limitations of the PSX.
>>
>>320641476
How do you feel about Cities Skylines?
>>
>>320637371
>he doesn't know creators of army men got inspired from toy story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXvR6yxUVSw
>>
So is this shit good now with all these fixes?
>>
>>320642901
well imma pick this up when if its on sale
>>
>>320637371
>Army Men invented plastic toy soldiers
Anon, stop.
>>
>>320639616
You're fucking retarded for multiple reasons. One, 3DO didn't invent plastic army men and would have been sued by your logic. Two, it's not a 20 year old game.
>>
>>320635323
When will the ps4 version release? Want to play this with friends
>>
bump for more opinions about this
>>
>>320645990
Just played the new update for a bit. 10x better since everyone isn't using the fucking bazooka all the time. Flamethrower feels like it got a buff since it dominates in close range. But I'm having fun with it again.
>>
Can't wait for vehicles update
>>
>>320645163
GTFO CONSOLE-TARD
>>
IS this the new viral game of the month?

>Out of nowhere 24/7 threads about game no one has even talked about.
>Patch notes every week.
>Threads 250 comments with 20 posters all saying how great the game is.
>>
>>320646748
Nostalgia you babyfag. Some people actually grew up with these toys and games and wanted there to be another game.
>>
>>320646748
or maybe because the devs saw the flaws in their game, and are actually taking steps to improve some of those flaws
>>
>>320646748
guaranteed 90% of the threads are by devs shilling

they're listening to feedback and improving the game with the info but it's still shilling
>>
>>320635323
>think this is another joke thread like King of The Hill or Ed Edd and Eddy online.
>its real
holy shit. and it looks good. wonder if my toaster can run it.
>>
I have the game, and it's pretty fun. But are there any /v/ groups for it? Anyone want to get a lobby going?
>>
>>320647803
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/removetan
>>
>>320647881
Fantastic, thanks anon.
>>
Makes me think back to the days of playing Sarge's Heroes with my brothers. Good times.
>>
>>320635323
>Melting death animation

Holy shit, going to buy this if I get a steam card for Christmas
>>
>>320647621
I left /v/ for awhile, when did shill become the new buzzword everyone is obsessed with using?
>>
>>320648190
Like years ago
>>
>>320648190
couple years ago maybe 2012, 2013, not sure exactly.

it's used pretty appropriately a lot of the time
>>
>Melting death

Dev, if you can manage to add location based chip damage to player models as they take damage you have a sale.
>>
>>320648409
Yeah I was gone awhile. Working my way up to chef pretty much meant I had no time to play vidya. I guess I'll get used to seeing shill every 3rd post, the shit posting here is worse than ever. It's hard to believe anyone really likes games.
>>
>>320648452
Meh, I don't think calling anyone who does enjoy a game a shill is using it appropriately. I don't get why people can't just let others enjoy something. This board is much closer to /b/ quality than I remember.
>>
>>320648629
you could filter the word to hide posts with it if it really bothers you that much
>>320648761
>I don't get why people can't just let others enjoy something. This board is much closer to /b/ quality than I remember.
It's always been somewhat similar quality really, nothing new there.
>>
>>320648629
Any game I haven't heard of that is being talked about is shilling
>>
>>320647881
thanks
>>
Not really interested in the game but hotdamn Gareth Coker knows what he's doing
>>
>>320646561
Its coming to consoles tho
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.