[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great game designer or one-trick pony?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: miya.jpg (25 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
miya.jpg
25 KB, 440x640
Reminder that besides Souls he made the two worst AC.

So, which one is he /v/?
>>
I don't think those things are mutually exclusive, OP.
>>
So somewhere in the middle?
>>
After seeing his design decisions for BB, I'm pretty sure he doesn't really know what he did right with DaS.
>>
From Software has made one great game,the original Dark Souls.

Sometimes the stars align just right for your game.
>>
considering he made demon's souls, dark souls and bloodborne I'd say he's a 3 trick pony
>>
>>320635551

He's only improved frankly. DaS was largely an improvement on Demon's Souls (except the combat was strictly worse) and BB is almost unilaterally better in every category then DaS; enemy design, boss design, level design, narrative, atmosphere, combat, weapons having worthwhile movesets, bosses that don't die to a single spell cast, no shitty mechanics like poise or BS spam, no shitty empty areas (Valley of Drakes, Cavern, Izalith, Demon's Ruins, Coast, etc).

I have my gripes with vials, chalices, etc... But overall the experience is much better then Dark Souls with the introduction of the DLC (when before they were comparable).
>>
>>320636724
Sonygger detected
>>
>Nobody remembers Metal Wolf Chaos
>>
>>320636724
>and BB is almost unilaterally better in every category then DaS
It's still a great game, but you've got that backwards.
>>
>>320637942
Not his game anon.
>>
>>320635101
if its an exclusive the former

if its a multiplat the latter
>>
>>320635101
for answer is the best one though
>>
>>320635101

he is a very good one trick pony

he is like the hedgehog in the saying "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing"
>>
>>320635101
Who?
>>
File: 1421110079757.jpg (2 MB, 2435x2796) Image search: [Google]
1421110079757.jpg
2 MB, 2435x2796
>>320635101
One trick pony and he ruined Armored Core
>>
>>320641013
>God Tier full of people who have never made a good game.

Nice list.
>>
>>320635551
BB was an improvement in every way though, vial grinding aside
>>
File: sigh.gif (1023 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
sigh.gif
1023 KB, 500x248
>>320641013

>God Tier
>2hu shit

Choose one
>>
>>320641692
Except for the progression, and the streamlined RPG elements, and the warping, and the combat.
>>
>>320635551
Why a retard like you made it up to now?
>>
File: 1450229229836.gif (2 MB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
1450229229836.gif
2 MB, 400x321
>>320636114
>Armored Core.
>Not a great game series.
>>
>>320641013
I wish matsuno made another actual game and not mobile shit, fuck this gay earth
>>
>>320641013
>>320642058
>>320637445
Demon's Souls:
+ Good Atmosphere
+ Consistent internal Design
+ Decent story
+ Cool Bosses
+ Great Soundtrack
- Healing system
- Handful of bad bosses

Dark Souls
+ Huge game
+ A lot more variety
+ Very good lore
+ Improved Online
+ Great, looping back Level design
+ Healing System
+ Good soundtrack (but not as good as DeS)
- Some internal inconsistencies in some places
- Frame rate issues
- Falls short after half the game
- Good in many traits but falls short in a lot of others
- Bed of Chaos

Bloodborne
+Best Combat, including an amazing set of weapon variety.
+Thematically and internally consistent
+Good level design
+Best Lore
+Best Atmosphere
+Best Soundtrack (That Gerhman Fight)
+Best bosses
- Bad Online
- A bit too thematically consistent (can get boring)
- Hitbox issues
- Not many weapons when they could have done different themes of existing weapons.
- Despite having good level design it relies on warping to get around when it could have taken the Dark Souls pace of giving you the ability to warp after
- Returned bad healing system

Miyazaki is easily one the great game directors of this decade, you can be in denial all you want over your Sony fanboying or PC cuckery but at the end of the day, these games will be definitive trend setters amongst dedicated gamers. That fact that you morons can argue against this is laughable.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.