[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Balanced roster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Smash bros diverse roster.png (116 KB, 1342x1018) Image search: [Google]
Smash bros diverse roster.png
116 KB, 1342x1018
>Balanced roster
>>
>>320621863
>Metroid
>Two samus
Would post Wojak Ridley if I had him
>>
I also forgot to include there is only 1 f-zero rep, and only 1 pikmin rep
>>
Fire Emblem needs all the advertising it can get because its niche, Melee gathered interest of the series for some people in the first place in the West
Ike got fugishits attention
though Path of Radiance and Shadow Dragon didn't sell that well, but then here comes Awaking that saves
>>
>fire emblem is a character
how would that play?
>>
How is Golden Sun anymore relevant than Mother or F-Zero?
>>
>>320621863

SEVEN ANIME SWORDSMEN
>>
>>320622624
Golden sun was a much more relevant franchise in its heyday, and its arguably the best GBA game besides wario4.
>>
>>320622494
the shitty new character wasnt on roster maker yet
>>320622480
>Fire Emblem needs all the advertising it can get because its niche

so if you want a different character they are "irrelevant", but other shit tier irrelevant characters are justified by "Advertising"? keep sucking sakurai's cock anon.

Plus the whole "advertising" arguement could be applied to any franchise. Adding a rhythm heaven character could generate interest for that game in the west, adding an advanced wars game could generate more demand globallyfor an advanced wars game, same with golden sun.
>>
you have to be a real fucking idiot to ignore that the majority of Sm4sh newcomers were new series

Not getting what you wanted doesn't mean you can ignore the others

Punch Out, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, Da Cunt, Xenoblade, Megaman, Pacman, Street fighter, Mii's, final fantasy, Bayonetta were all brought in
>>
>>320622624
Exactly OP's point. If relevancy matters so much, axe those two series. Hell, Golden Sun is actually more relevant with the DS game. And don't forget Stafy, Stafy had more games than KI and more sales, but Hackurai insists on keeping him an assist.
>>
File: 1447209761250.jpg (38 KB, 331x341) Image search: [Google]
1447209761250.jpg
38 KB, 331x341
>>320621863
Hopefully this proves that series "reps" don't exist. Sakurai doesn't give a shit if there are too many characters from a particular series, and is only interested if the character is unique, or if they're important video game characters - case in point, including two capcom characters

Also, keep feeding me your autist tears, smashfags
>>
They're advertising the games with characters from those games, dummy.
>>
>>320622815
>so if you want a different character they are "irrelevant", but other shit tier irrelevant characters are justified by "Advertising"? keep sucking sakurai's cock anon.
i'm not justifying them being in, i'm just taking notice that Nintendo and Sakurai see this series as important and wants to advertise it as much as possible
>>
File: 1448750642343.jpg (43 KB, 457x569) Image search: [Google]
1448750642343.jpg
43 KB, 457x569
>balanced roster
>only sheik can win majors.
>>
looking forward to the next batch smash bros DLC, which i assume will be another identical anime garbage fire emblem character, a pit recolour and the guy from fucking hogan's alley or something

i'm glad i never bought this garbage and only mooch off of it at my friends house
>>
File: 1449403126451.jpg (130 KB, 550x526) Image search: [Google]
1449403126451.jpg
130 KB, 550x526
You can add any character you want, it won't change the flawed core gameplay of the game
>mfw having fun with Melee and PM
>>
>>320622935
>smashfags
So you arent even a fan
Your opinion is irrelevant then.
>>
Smash is literally just used for marketing nowadays
>>
Is layton nintendo exlusive?
>>
>>320621863
everyone should have accepted that characters put as assists trophies meant they'd never be characters

characters turning into DLC costumes should have been confirmation that we'd never see them as characters in smash 4

Splatoon, Shovel Knight, and Chibi-Robo being separate Amiiboos should have been a redflag that they wouldn't be characters either
>>
>>320621863
Think we'll ever see a Mach Rider, Doshin the Giant or Custom Robo rep?
>>
File: chars.png (354 KB, 2636x350) Image search: [Google]
chars.png
354 KB, 2636x350
>Hackurai in charge of roster
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.