[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintencom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Capcom2-1.png (426 KB, 824x376) Image search: [Google]
Capcom2-1.png
426 KB, 824x376
Convince me that Nintendo owning Capcom wouldn't be the best thing to happen to gaming and smash bros in the last decade?
>>
>>320615040
It would be good for MOST of their franchises, but bad for all of their fighting games.

Nintendo isnt much of a platform for fighters and Sony established themselves as the main thing this gen, kind of like the 360 last gen.

Nintendo would have to attract most bigname fighters before people considered switching over, and its too late for that now.
Maybe next gen.
>>
>>320615430
Nintendo just needs to release a console that can actually run fighting games properly. Besides Capcom hardly ever makes fighters, it's like twice every ten years. Maybe if Nintendo owned them they could revive Darkstalkers.
>>
>>320615040
It would be a boon to nintendo for sure but absolutely devastating to capcom.

Also capcom wouldn't be allowed to touch smash until hackurai died anyways.
>>
>>320615760
No but we could get more than one Mega Man/Street Fighter character and Dante considering they would be second party like Pokemon and FE instead of third party like they are know.
>>
>>320615714
Fighting games arent resource intensive.
A PS1 can technically make all the mechanics a fighter needs work easily.

Everything past that is just grafics wank.
Nintendo systems always had SOME fighters but nobody really cared after the SNES.
The audience isnt there. People dont give a dick and just gravitate towards the Sony shit.
They could obviously force SF6 onto the next Nintendo thing but that could backfire really hard too when people arent on board with the idea of buying Nintendo for fighters.

The Nintendo brand needs to be reestablished.
If rumors about FF7HD and DQXI for the NX are true then they are on the right track. Gonna take a while to heal those wounds though.
>>
Why would Nintendo waste their money on a shit-tier developer like Capcom?
>>
>>320616113
>gives a fuck about any smash not titled 64 or melee
Children plz
>>
Would they let Darkstalkers 4 finally happen?
>>
>>320616435
Sure they will, anon, right after they finish the next F-Zero :^)
>>
File: 1409365582173.png (251 KB, 456x299) Image search: [Google]
1409365582173.png
251 KB, 456x299
>>320615040
Because Nintendo is going to die in the next 5 years.
>>
>>320616556
Nintendo is doing better now with Smash and Splatoon than they have been for quite a while. Amiibo are also making them a lot of bank.
>>
>>320615040
Nintendo's fanbase would ruin fighting games.

Now I don't wanna appear like I have some hardon for hating Nintendrones or whatever, I have a Wii U myself. But can you honestly say you'd buy a fighting game on a Nintendo console? No Sm4sh doesn't count. The last good fighting game that was on a Nintendo console was TvC.

Fighting games are naturally competitive. With Nintendo catering more to a casual audience hardly anyone would pick up a fighting game unless it has a known name on it.

You can already see the hate fighting games get from a portion of Nintendo's fanbase from Ryu's inclusion in Sm4sh. They can't even do fucking DP motions and blame the designers instead of themselves for being inept retards.
>>
>>320615040
Capcom is either going to try Pachinko machines and fade from existence or get absorbed by Tencent. No point bringing this thread up OP, their fate is sealed for the next decade
>>
>>320616435
And censore the fuck out of this game? No thanks.
>>
>>320616651
If Street Fighter 5 or Tekken 7 were released on a Nintendo console I would totally get it cuz I buy pretty much every Nintendo console but now I gotta get a PS4 just for those 2 games.
>>
Nah, I want my Capcom-games uncensored.
As shit as they are now, I don't want them shittier.
>>
>>320615040
Nintendo owning Capcom would be terrible, absolutely shit.

>Capcom games locked to one platform
>Good-looking console MonHun never ever
>The "Capcom hates megaman" meme
>RIP fightan geims
>Darkstslkers would remain dead either way
>meme translations/censored localisation to a much bigger extent than a buttslap
Only nintentoddlers that used to play on their SNES want Nintendo to own Capcom, because "lel they dun make megamein gaems guise"
>>
>Censored Evil
>Devil May Censor
>Burka Fighter

No thanks
>>
>>320615040
Because they would fall into insignificance considering Ninty's situation
If Capcom were to be bought out I guess the best to do that would be Square Enix
>>
>>320617084
Street Fighter got censored anyways. Every company is censoring these days it won't make a difference. The SJWs won.
>>
>>320617084
>Dragon's Strong Belief
No religious words, guys
>Street Sparring
Out with the violence
>>
>Amibos out the ass
>Censored releases
>Nintendos hot garbage online
no thanks
>>
>>320617260
>A change in camera angle because they want the mainstream bucks and keep the T rating instead of catering to dumb weebs
>Censorship anywhere close to Nintendo's removal of content from a M rated game
Heh
>>
>>320615040
>Capcom owned by Nintendo
>all Capcom games would be Nintendo exclusive
>implying this is good for anyone but Nintendrones

It's a good thing that exclusives are dying because more people can enjoy more games without being cuck'd into buying a system they don't want. DMC on Wii-U? No thanks.
>>
>>320615430
nintendo owns platinumgames now which still releases games on the ps4
>>
>>320617684
Pretty sure they don't own Platinum.
>>
>>320616651
All consoles pander to a casual audience, Sony moreso than Nintendo these days.

The fighting game community just goes for whatever has the most fighting games and whatever runs them best.
Now good luck with getting most fighting games onto a Nintendo system. Thats the real issue.

>>320617684
They dont. They just hire them just like Sony and Activision hire them.
>>
>fighting games have never been big on Nimtendo systems so this wouldn't work

The FGC goes where the fighting games are. If SF6 was an NX exclusive you can bet your ass the FGC guys would all buy one just to play it.
>>
>>320618181
Pretty much this tbqh desu senpai senpai
>>
>>320615040

See how shit Nintendo and Capcom both are recently?

Them buying them wouldn't mean shit.
>>
>>320616286

Because Nintendo themselves is literally shit

Capcom at least published stuff on actual good systems
>>
>>320617260
>GGXrd is better then SFV post Beta/Laura build that nerfs the depth into the ground outside of fundamentals which just makes it a crippled Alpha/ST
>GGXrdR has constant ass shots and pantie updates to Jam

The censorship was a shame but if people think that is the biggest issue they're deluded. I've never seen a game that has alpha counters have such terrible framedata.
>>
>>320615040
Look what happened when they bought FF.
>>
>>320615040
>implying nintendo has been good since N64
>>
>>320616954
>Good-looking console MonHun never ever

MH has barely improved since it started on the PS2, it's not a matter of console hardware. it was on more powerful systems and still looked like dogshit, the japs want it on handhelds and the team is too lazy to give it a real visual overhaul
>>
>>320615040
>Bad:
Resident Evil will somehow get even shittier due to being made by Koei Tecmo.
Dead Rising will get gimckier.
Street Fighter will get more casual.
Goodbye old IPs.

>Good:
Devil May Cry might turn out all right due to Platinum colab.
Megaman will be back better than ever.
Monster Hunter doesnt change.

Not worth it
>>
>>320622075
>Dead Rising will get gimckier.
Dead Rising leaped from American Zombie Gladiators to Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha minding you that's the expansion to the game where you can call in an airstrike from your integrated smart phone app.

I'm not sure where there's any room for more gimicks
>>
Fuck off Nintendrone. It's a shit idea.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.