[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Interested in getting into game series >Series has sixty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
>Interested in getting into game series
>Series has sixty thousand entries and you lose interest immediately.
>Pic related.
Skies of Arcadia is another series I can't be bothered getting into due to the collossal work required to enter it.
>>
its like elder scrolls
just pick newest and shitpost about older
>>
>putting punctuation during greentext that's not a quote
kill you are self
>>
>>320608164
>Skies of Arcadia
>series
>It's one game

okay
>>
But Skies of Arcadia has one game.
>>
Disgaea is stand alone, they have cameos form other characters but aside from 2 it wont have you scratching your head as to whats going on.

Just pick up which of the game interests you, the 4th game is the best
>>
6 games is sixty thousand? Are you stupid?
>>
>>320608164
Literally just play the first one on PSP (if you don't have one, emulate with PPSSPP), and then move on from there. Disgaea 2 has better gameplay but worse story than Disgaea 1. I haven't played 3 or 4, but from what I've played of Disgaea D2, it's fucking great, and it's a direct sequel to Disgaea 1 and has the same characters, so I'm enjoying the shit out of it.
>>
>>320608384
>>320608391
OP here.

I fucked up, I meant the Tales series, but I pulled a Freudian.

I fucked it.
>>
>>320608401
>Disgaea 4
Disgaea 5 is better the revamped char world makes the grind easier characters are pretty likable
>>
>>320608538
Next your going to say Final fantasy Tales is all stand alone as well.
>>
>>320608538
Play Phantasia, Eternia, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Xillia, in that order. If at any time you're too frustrated with one, quit and go to the next one. Each step has a large progression.

Phantasia is the first in the series. If you really enjoy it, play Destiny 1 after. Eternia improves the linear combat up to that point in the series. Symphonia is the first 3D game and, to date in the series, has the best dungeon design. Abyss introduces free run into the combat and has some other interesting battle mechanics, but the combat is easily broken and the cast is not very good. Vesperia improves upon the combat in Abyss by making it slightly less easy to break it. It's the first game in the series that is really legitimately challenging (Eternia kind of is, to the point where it becomes Tales of Items) and the cast is superb. Xillia refines the combat more to encourage you to strike weaknesses in order to cause enemies to stagger. If you like Xillia, play Xillia 2. Graces f has good combat but it is the only redeeming trait of the game, the cast and story are dogshit. Zestiria is garbage, don't bother with it.

Hopefully this helps!
>>
>>320608558
No shit. But if you play 5 before 4, you will not be able to go back and play 4 because the gameplay mechanics spoil you.
>>
>>320609640
>4th game is the best
>but playing 5 would make it impossible to go back to the best game
Yup your an idiot.
>>
>>320609856
What? 4 is my favorite in the series but you can't deny that 5 plays better and has better mechanics. Are you retarded?
>>
>>320609856
I have multiple platinums in disgaeas and played nis games since la pucelle came out over here. D5 is the one I put the least time into, despite having so many improved mechanics. The end game is a void and getting stat capped is extremely easy. The story was pretty bad too. Tried to be too serious but failed hard and deviated from the more comedic previous entries in the series.

But if you just want to play the story and do basic end game (almost entire end game in 5 is basic, so lets say no baal since thats the only thing that requires any thought or setup), then 5 is fine. D4 has shitty priate part hunting and thats the only bad thing about it.
>>
>>320609640
In that case OP should play 1 first since it would be even harder to go back to it.
>>
>>320608164
>>Series has sixty thousand entries
what
it has 5 games plus a few spinoffs
>>
The only "decent" story is Disgaea 1, and it loses its appeal if you're like 16 instead of 15.
I still like 2 and the others, but I'm just too old to give a single care about the characters or story. I just play maps, see numbers get higher, improve weapons.
>>
>Breath of Fire
>Lufia
>Final Fantasy
>Wild Arms
>Persona
I know what you mean.
>>
>>320610691
D4 story is great. D3's DLC is excellent as well. D1 still holds up (the gameplay is way too grindy even for basic story playthrough though) storywise. They are weeb stories with basic tropes and comedy. If you dont like those, you probably arent playing these games in the first place.
>>
>>320610853
The games writing isn't its strong point, is what I'm saying. I could watch anime or catch up on manga for a better example of jap comedy and stuff that I do adore.
>>
>>320610470
If you want to play it for the story you can literally rolfstomp til baal only using laharl
>>
>>320611253
Isn't Disgaea a game series for kids, though?
Expecting great writing from children games isn't exactly what we would call rational.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.