[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>windows restarts mid game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: t-thanks.png (16 KB, 392x122) Image search: [Google]
t-thanks.png
16 KB, 392x122
>windows restarts mid game
>>
It doesn't ask you first?
>>
>Never install updates
>>
You can disable them.
>>
>>320604806
I know it does but I'd have to be on the desktop to see that and windowed mode is for casuals

I think a lot of my problems with online games minimizing and computer shutting down would be solved if I got used to windowed mode but im scared to switch.

do most people use windowed mode?
>>
The most preventable thing in the world is a problem for which retard here?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (95 KB, 995x564) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
95 KB, 995x564
heh nothing personnel kid
>>
>>320604738
>go to restart computer
>have to wait half a day to use it again because it is installing a billion updates
>>
File: 1447048341525.jpg (29 KB, 560x555) Image search: [Google]
1447048341525.jpg
29 KB, 560x555
>ever having auto updates on
>having them on in the past year
Enjoy your spyware
>>
>>320605185
>inb4 retards claiming you are more prone to malware because of never updating
>>
>>320604738
>never have to pause a game to install updates because Windows Update is always stuck at 0%
Step up
>>
This isn't a problem on Windows 10™
>>
>>320604738
Once fresh install windows 7 and forgot to disable automatic update.
>want to restart pc
>have to wait like half a hour because it prompt me to install bazillion amount of update
>break windows explorer window size later
>>
>>320605570
Yeah, since it literally rape your gaming session to install 250KB update, you mongoloid.
>>
>>320605185
You don't need to disable windows update, just make it manual
>>
>>320605016
I used windowed mode all the times because it greatly improve performance.

I mean, just to take an exemple : When I play Fallout New Vegas full screen, and the game freeze, I can't do anything, I'm force to shutdown the computer. If I play windowed, I can just do alt+tab and exit the game.
But it's less comfy.
>>
File: 1441236131842.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1441236131842.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>have windows update turned off for the last 8 months, reverted to an update from before Windows 10 was a thing
>suddenly "Updates will be applied in the next restart"
>next day
>UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 NOW
>>
>>320605016
I use borderless windowed mode whenever it's available. It taxes your graphics card slightly more but in 99.999% of cases you'll never notice a difference and it makes alt+tabbing a lot easier/faster.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.