[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /v/, after playing Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: max-payne-3-cover.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
max-payne-3-cover.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Tell me /v/, after playing Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption, how disappointed were you with Grand Theft Auto 5?
>>
Never player RDR, MP3 was forgettable garbage, so not very dissapointed since I didn't have high expectations.
>>
Is there a single shooter that does combat better than MP3?
>>
>>320604717
That's a dumb vague question.
>>
>>320604669
Faggot.

>>320604717
No.

>>320604334
Extremely. The shooting in GTAV is terrible. You'd think they would learn a thing or two after MP3.
>>
>>320604717
No it still has the best third person shooting combat.
>>
>>320604334
I was pretty satisfied with GTA V apart from the mutliplayer, I feel like it was one of the most polished single player experiences I've played in a while
>>
I had plenty of fun with GTA V, even though it was still lacking in comparison to SA. RDR was the game that disappointed me massively.
>>
File: Stranglehold3.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Stranglehold3.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>320604717
In terms of speed, destructable environments and interaction Stranglehold takes a massive dump on it that it's not even funny.
>>
>>320605101

Too bad the level/mission design is pretty shit.
>>
>>320605101
It looks so clunky and unpolished compared to MP3. Rockstar's production values cannot be matched. Good animations are so important for satisfying gunplay
>>
God damn you just reminded me about how good red dead redemption was.
I can't think of anything bad to say about the game.

Gta 5 was not disappointing to me, mainly because I didn't have expectations. My only real gripe is how lackluster the gunplay is. (No innovation) Hold left trigger hold right trigger repeat. Also physics. Gta 4 had great physics. This game didn't.
Barely played diving simulator but it was pretty enjoyable, can't say much else
>>
File: 1450215917173.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450215917173.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320605101
Nah it doesnt
>>
>>320604334
it just shows rockstars still have the worse net code in the history of online games
>>
as much disappointed as i was with the others 2 , difference was, i buyed into the shills hype here and purchase the damn shit game
>>
>>320604334
I liked GTA V only because of Trevor and his "friends".
>>
File: Stranglehold5.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Stranglehold5.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>320605205
Some were fucking amazing though, the one with the band for example.
I kept replaying it and trying to keep them all alive.

>>320605265
Yeah animations aren't the best, but I rather have an unpolished but fun to play game than a polished as fuck turd any day of the week.

>>320605331
Slow as fuck snoozefest.
>>
>>320605359
>Red dead redemption
>disappointing

Uhhh
>>
>>320605331

Generally speaking, people usually post a webm or image that tops the one that accompanies the post they're trying to counter
>>
>>320605508
>polished as fuck turd
Are we still talking about max payne?
>>
File: 1450216018455.webm (3 MB, 900x740) Image search: [Google]
1450216018455.webm
3 MB, 900x740
>>320605331
>Bullettime
>being slow
no shit sherlock
>>
>>320604334
I really enjoyed playing through V's story, but I really don't think I'll ever reinstall it.

I got some 10 hours in Online but I was really just bored, it's not at all a good game.
>>
>>320605580
It was an OK game but would not replay it again.
>>
>>320605101
sorry, but that looks like shit
>>
>>320605689
Yes, at least in terms of animations I will admit that it's top notch.
>>
File: Stranglehold2.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Stranglehold2.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>320605783
What exactly?
>>
>>320605580
the only thing i liked from that game was that song when entering the other side of the map , like i remember what was called
>>
>>320605906
>>320605508
this game gave me nĂ¡useas
dunno why , didn't have that problem when playing mp3
>>
>>320605739
Is there a way to see a shootout without the slowdown after doing it?
>>
>>320604334
question, how much i need to play MP2 to be able to understand MP3?
>>
>>320605508
mp3 is slow because you die fast and so you tend to stick to cover, while truly good players dont need one.
stranglhold have you do all that acrobatic shit ad infinitum to dodge bullet, which give the feeling of fast pace gameplay.
>>
>>320606015
You need to adjust the FOV with widescreenfixer.
The default one is way too fucking small.
>>
>>320606070
It makes more sense if you know nothing about Max Payne.
>>
>>320605795
In what ways was it a turd?
I don't understand how anyone could hate the gunplay in that game. The polish, visual and audio feedback made killing people feel ridiculously satisfying.
>>
>>320606162
i played the first one non stop when released
but never bothered to touch the 2nd
i just bought the 3rd a few days ago, due being dirty cheap
>>
>>320606297
The gameplay is slowed to a crawl with realism shit which might be cool at first but sucks the fun out of a game like this.
Also constant cutscene interruptions and control being taken away really doesn't help.
All the cool moments are forced on you by initiating cutcenes which then give you control instead of leaving it up to you how and when you do cool shit.
>>
>>320606297
>how anyone could hate the gunplay in that game
2 WEAPONS LIMIT
LINEAR THAN CALL OF DUTY
COVER SYSTEM MORE OUTDATED THAN GOW1
NO GRENADES
TURRET SECTIONS
>>
>>320606513
>slowed to a crawl
You can either play is safe and hide behind cover, or shoot dodge everywhere and kill everything in the room
>realism shit
Do you mean the high amount of damage you take? That was great, it added a huge amount of tension to the combat and kept you on your toes. Remember that all damage can be avoided if you dodge well enough/shoot fast enough
>Also constant cutscene interruptions and control being taken away really doesn't help.
True, thats the huge flaw with the game. The core gameplay is amazing though

>>320606552
>2 WEAPONS LIMIT
I liked the realistic way they handled this. Having max carry his long gun in one hand while using the handgun was a great touch.
>LINEAR THAN CALL OF DUTY
Linearity isn't necessarily bad. How would the game have benefited from exploration? The focus was clearly on combat. The previous to MP games were linear also.
>COVER SYSTEM MORE OUTDATED THAN GOW1
You don't have to use cover
>NO GRENADES
>TURRET SECTIONS
These aren't flaws
>>
>>320606834
>want to dual wield
>drop the fucking rifle

>linear THAN CALL OF DUTY
>not bad

>cover is a gameplay element
>but you dont have to use it so it can be bad
>also enemies can push a bullet to the tip top of your head when you are in cover
>we also didnt improve gta4 cover at all

>no explosives for player
>fun
>>
All they fucking had to do was make RDR with horses

>fun as fuck cozy gambling thay can lead to duels
>roaming around map that, despite being a fucking desert for the most part, has more content and random events than all of GTAV
>Story that wasn't shit
>Based as fuck MP, forming posses, taking on gang hideouts

I wish they would just fucking remaster ot for nex gen/PC already
>>
>>320607202
>want to dual wield
>drop the fucking rifle
Okay, thats the tradeoff

>linear THAN CALL OF DUTY
>not bad
Explain how its bad without saying 'its cod'

>cover is a gameplay element
You don't have to use it

>also enemies can push a bullet to the tip top of your head when you are in cover
>we also didnt improve gta4 cover at all
Why did you force yourself to use cover if you hate it so much? Its so much easier to avoid damage out of cover.

>no explosives for player
A game doesn't need grenades to be fun. I don't understand what you're getting at here. Shooting grenades in midair was fun
>>
File: Stranglehold1.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Stranglehold1.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>320606834
>You can either play is safe and hide behind cover, or shoot dodge everywhere and kill everything in the room

Shoot dodge recovery is slow as shit, it takes ages for Max to stand up again, also the time slowdown it does it way too powerful, you can't even shoot dodge without bullettime either.

With realism shit I mean stuff like Max having a delay to allign his weapon with the crosshair instead of a 1:1 shoot where you point solution.
Or him stumbeling around like a drunken retard when you touch a crate mid jump.
Overall movement being not responsive due to realistic weight.

Yeah that's nice TECHNOLOGY and all, but games like this are inspired by crazy action movies where the protagonist doesn't even reload his weapons and realism is really in the last place on the priority list while crazy non-stop shootouts are on the very top.
>>
>>320605205
just like max payne 3 then?
>>
might sound a bit stupid, but why there is no torrent of GTA v?
>>
>>320604334
GTAV is god tier and RDR too, fuck the hater who only buy them for the extrem big hype
Max Payne 3 is a bland version of Max Payne 1 & 2 with great soundtrack & gameplay but with weak story & level design
>>
At first I wasn't disappointed because I was still in the hype bubble. But after a while when it started to sink in I was a little let down. I don't think it's a bad game so much as there're a lot of aspects they had already done well in other games they didn't use for GTAV.

>>320607520
Plus what this guy said.
They had all the wildlife in GTAV but can't put it online?
Somehow they made the gang attacks really dull and unrewarding too.
No forming gangs in a lobby, have to rely on making a crew instead.
Not being able to enter fast food places or even use hot dog carts to replenish health really bugs me too.
>>
>>320607606
>Shoot dodge recovery is slow as shit, it takes ages for Max to stand up again
It would be too easy if you could just spam that one thing. Obviously you have more options than just shootdodge
> you can't even shoot dodge without bullettime either
Wrong
> time slowdown it does it way too powerful
Which is why it burns meter. Shootdodge doesn't.

>realism is really in the last place on the priority list
It made winning difficult gunfights more satisfying, knowing that you aren't cartoonishly overpowered but still managed to out on top against overwhelming odds. Seeing that it was grounded in reality made the game more tense when you came up against dozens of guys.
>>
>>320604334
I was disappointed with the gunplay in GTA V after playing Mp3.

I know they're two completely different games, but the gunplay in V really isn't anything special.
>>
Why was the autoaim so awful in GTAV? You only had to press L1 and you would lock on top an enemy. Same for RDR. Other console shooters didn't do this.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.