[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to buy some games on steam. Should I wait till winter sales?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 1442085859017.jpg (68 KB, 387x429) Image search: [Google]
1442085859017.jpg
68 KB, 387x429
I want to buy some games on steam. Should I wait till winter sales?
>>
>>320603090
Yes. They're starting in five days.

Which game do you want to play?
>>
I think sales are starting in four days or less?

Be patient bruh
>>
why would you ever buy a game on steam that wasn't on sale
>>
>>320603204
Since I'm actually pretty new at steam because I've been living in an internetless hole for years I just want a shitload of good games like survival games and zombie shooter and just good games generally.
>>
>>320603474
>good games
>survival games and zombie shooter
Your options are limited
>>
>>320603539
Or just shooters aslong as it's good bruh.
>>
>>320603474
Lmao nice taste shitter
>>
I wana get squad but its 40 bucks.
Dont even know if the servers will be good where im at.
>>
>>320603610
I love shooting up zombies it's fun you can't deny that.
>>
>>320603090
If it goes on sale, get mount n blade warband, the best midevil combat simulator around, but apart from that, other anons should have good shooter suggestions.
>>
>>320603590
>>320603667
Left4Dead(2) might be a good game for you.
It leans toward more to an action FPS zombie game rather than a survival (scavenging for food and other necessities - if that's the kind of survival you want) though.
>>
>>320603590
Borderlands is a blast, I'd recommend checking that out.
Fallout New Vegas is an FPS RPG, post apocalyptic and you can kill irradiated people along with a tonne of other stuff, but it has a lot of RPG elements.
POSTAL2 is great shooter with a great sense of humour.
>>320603891
L4D is good too.
>>
You guys think undertale will get a sale this xmas? I want to see whats the fuss is all about
>>
>>320604052
I'd doubt it. Have you played the demo? I'd say check that out and figure out if you want to spend $10 on the game after playing it.
>>
Dear /v/

I listened to you one more time and bought 10 sets of Mystery cards, I AM going to get my money back when the sale starts and prices rise, right?

RIGHT?
YOU BETTER NOT PULL ANOTHER SUMMER GETAWAY BULLSHIT "THEY'LL GO UP I SWEAR"
>>
>>320603994
I got Fallout 3 and it's a sweeet game. Hey is postal that game where you can swallow a grenade and he says "I regret nothing"? Because that's nostalgic man I played a demo as a kid.
>>320603891
I think I played left4dead sometimes but it's a long time ago. Isn't it a game you should multiplayer?
>>320603756
Looks pretty cool though
>>
>>320603090

nah just buy them now before they are on sale

dumb fucking frogposter
>>
>>320604305
Nice waste kiddo
>>
Are the gems going to do anything?
I still have them in my inventory
>>
>>320604198
I didnt, but I will do that and see from there. Thanks
>>
>>320603090
It's on the 22nd so definitely wait for it.
>>
>>320604052
Don't bother. If you shitpost about it hard enough someone will reply to you with

>here try it before you shitpost *megalink to download full game*

This literally happened to me three times when the game was fresh
>>
>>320604052
Just pirate it
>>
>>320604305
You're better off selling them at hour 1, just look at the price history of monster sale cards
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/368020-Dominic?filter=monster%20summer%20card
>>
>>320604052
pirate it. not worth your money
>>
>>320604756
BUT I HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK TO START SELLING
FUCK
>>
>>320604353
You can play with bots or multiplayer online.
The game is still pretty alive, so you'll still be able to play with reel pplz.
>>
>>320604905

don't worry, you're fucked I was lying you just lost your investment
>>
I'm poor as shit, I'll probably be able to spend like $10 on games when the sales hit, what should I get familia?
>>
>>320606476
You have to tell us what sort of games you like first, we can't just play trial and error here.
We could, but I don't want to
>>
>>320606567
I'm fine with most genres, I generally like multiplayer games.
Stuff like Rocket League, GTA V or AoE seems fun but they're off limits in terms of price.
>>
>>320606972
If you've got friends to play with Terraria is great, a 2D adventure/survival game with tonnes of content.
Garry's Mod is the same, but thats based around user created content, which there is loads of
If you want a dose of nostalgia you could check out The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare, an MP (only, sadly) team vs team 3rd Person Shooter about toy army men.
Risk of Rain is a nice platfomer/rouge-lite based on an alien planet that can be played co-op with friends.
Worms is nice if you want a simplistic turn based strategy about worms killing eachother with a bunch of different ridiculous weapons.
If you're a weeb you could check out 100% Orange Juice, a cheap little anime board game completely based around RNG, the steam group is big and it is great suffering along with a group of other people. The SP is pretty terrible though, AI seem rigged.
I am pretty sure all of these will go below $10 on sale.
>>
>>320607442
Risk of Rain and Terraria seem cool, thanks.
>>
Just wait till next Tuesday
>>
File: 1444516522183_1.jpg (77 KB, 800x554) Image search: [Google]
1444516522183_1.jpg
77 KB, 800x554
>>320603474
>Good games
>Like survival games and zombie shooter

Oh. Hoho. Woah. Woahoho. Woah. Ohohoho. Woah......
Woah.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.