[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... iv been looking to get a new game for quite a while now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: ANldROW.png (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ANldROW.png
61 KB, 500x375
So...

iv been looking to get a new game for quite a while now, possibly a shooter and stopped myself from getting fallout 4

what are my options

battlefield hardline
farcry primal (no MP)
possibly a new cod game without futuristic bullshit
rainbow six siege (played all rainbow sixes out there, im really torn on this one)
ARMA 3 for the ultimate military shooter experience
>>
bump for opinon
>>
Arma 3
>>
>>320595486
Halo 5 is the objectively best multiayer FPS on consoles rn
>>
the only option you have is to kill yourself frogposter
>>
>Hardline
KEK
>>
>>320595486
Get Squad if ya liked project reality. It's basically ArmA except without all the clunk and Co-Op cowards. Still early access, though, if that's a deal-breaker.

Don't waste your money on AAA shit. It's all garbage. Especially the bastardization they are calling rainbow six
>>
>>320595486
bf4
>>
>FarCry Primal

I thought you wanted shooter, not fucking hitting each other with sticks like an autistic retard
>>
>>320595486
>battlefield hardline
>farcry primal (no MP)
>possibly a new cod game without futuristic bullshit
Casual trash

>rainbow six siege
Unplayable laggy

>ARMA 3
Autism simulator

Pick your poison then fuck off
>>
File: Americas Army Proving Grounds.png (688 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
Americas Army Proving Grounds.png
688 KB, 700x393
>iv been looking to get a new game for quite a while now, possibly a shooter
This is a good simulator to try, if you've already played everything else out there. Real army fags like playing it though, so you can't be acting like a lil' kids on the servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFc36ysBZ0A
>>
Blops3 is actually really great.
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>320597007
It amazes me how long this shit as been around in several different iterations. Even before I joined the Army myself I loved playing the shit out of the original.

The gameplay is always surprisingly fucking tight and the community is generally on point. Kind of strange that the game is so small now, though you can still find matches easily enough. I remember when the original actually had a fairly competitive scene. Say what you want about the Army, but they really knew who to pay to make a proper video game.
>>
>>320595486
cod pub stomping is fun as fuck

i havent played a cod title since mw2 and i am really like blops 3

its practically endless if you go for all camos, prestige shit
>>
STALKER
Far Cry 2 with Dylan's mod
EYE
>>
>>320597072
>call of duty past the first one
>great

lol normalfag
>>
File: Titanfall Mech Gameplay.webm (1 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall Mech Gameplay.webm
1 MB, 426x240
Titanfall is $8, with all DLC completely free, and is fun as fuck.
>>
>>320597479

wat?
Where?

I already bought it full price and regretted, but if I could get it for friends that cheap thats bretty good
>>
>Hardline
Dead, dont bother. It was fun but it was killed by the meme "dude lmao its just cod its not muh battlefeeld 3 or 4 which arent cod at all"
>Farcry Primal (No MP)
No MP = No Buy. Pirate it
>Possibly a new cod game without futuristic bullshit
Black Ops 3 is good, stop being a faggot. If you cant handle the natural progression of games becoming faster and having a higher skill ceiling then stick to RPG's
>Rainbow Six Seige
Good, also fairly dead.
>ARMA 3
As long as you like Epoch/Battle Royale situations, sure

Insurgency
Squad
CS:GO
Battlefield 4 if you live in the US
>>
File: Titanfall Movement Example.webm (2 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall Movement Example.webm
2 MB, 426x240
>>320597608

Last month it was $8 on Amazon and $10 on Origin, it'll likely go on sale again in a few weeks. If you want it sooner just buy it off G2A for $8.
>>
>>320597796
>>320597479
>Advertising the PC Version
Why? It was dead on arrival. Im absolutely certain the Beta had more players in the week or so it was live then the full game on PC had in its lifecycle

The Xbone version stayed alive though.

I loved every second i could play of it though.
>>
>>320597796

When was the season pass content made free?
Why are they still selling season passes then?
>>
Siege is my GOTY. Find people who will use their mics.
>>
File: Titanfall In A Nutshell.png (2 MB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall In A Nutshell.png
2 MB, 986x1378
>>320597939
>>320597897

It's funny, everyone says it's dead yet matchmaking for Attrition and Frontier Defense is instant, there's never a match unavailible. When I think of a "dead" game I think of EYE:Divine Cybermancy and its one or two lobbies open, if even that. And all the DLC is free, so they're obviously not selling season passes anymore.
>>
>>320598183

Its funny, when I think of a dead game that is an AAA title, I think of Titanfall, because the only worthwhile game mode, CTF, had 10 minute matchmaking a single week after release.
>>
>>320598337
Honestly though, if you want CTF just play Battlefield 4. Titanfall was designed around Attrition, and those matches are instant.
>>
>>320596825
Look mum I'm being a contarian edgelord again!
>>
>>320598507

How is it designed around attrition?
The very fucking concept of fast small targets and giant mechs lends itself 10 times better to CTF.

Attrition is played because this is a pleb cod game, and just like every dead CoD today - only TDM has any players left.
>>
>>320597796
I really don't get why this game died. Both in concept and gameplay, it was so much better than fucking CoD.

I actually really loved the implementation of NPCs amongst PvP. It was almost like a sort of FPS moba except not obnoxious. Why does all the cool unique shit fucking bomb?
>>
>>320599217

Because its EA, it cost WAY too fucking much, it was in Beta for release and lacked maps, game modes, weapons, unlocks and basically just content.

Essentially the same as Battlefront today, except that will get pulled through due to brand recognition, and is even more dumbed down.
>>
>>320599532
That's true. It was definitely expensive as shit. It's a real shame, that game had an assload of potential and I really enjoyed the beta. Especially since we haven't gotten a mech game in fucking forever.
>>
>>320598613
>>320598183
>>320597738
Why do people prefer TDM so much over FFA in COD and the like?

FFA is fucking godly and TDM is pure shit
>>
File: Luck in the Chamber.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Luck in the Chamber.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Go Siege. Siege is great.
>>
>>320599886

Yeah, lost potential for sure.
Though I personally dislike the mechs, I'd enjoy titanfall without them as a futuristic CoD far mroe.

I wanted some big lumbering armored giants with maximized turning speeds and stuff, titanfall mechs just feel like I'm just playing a clunkier cod with the corridors now being made out of buildings instead of actual corridors.

Also, many of the DLC maps I found lacking for parkour movement, the initial ones were great but later I just found myself jumping into nothingness because apparently nothing good was within range.

>>320599998

Because they want to feel like they are doing better than anyone but don't want to actually rely only on themselves.
>if we lose its the team's fault
>if we win its all thanks to me
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.