[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im thinking of playing this game explain to me everything that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Story_Image_1.png (353 KB, 616x340) Image search: [Google]
Story_Image_1.png
353 KB, 616x340
Im thinking of playing this game

explain to me everything that is shit about this game and reasons why I would not enjoy it.
>>
Its a pretty great game, you will probably like it if you like 4k stratagy.
>>
>>320590841
The soundtrack is incredible.
The races are unique.
The entire setting is really comfy and interesting.
It's great.
>>
>>320591491
yeah but i want to hear whats bad about it
>>
>>320590841
>some people actually prefer civilization and grand strategy garbage over this masterpiece

Endless Legend is best strategy game out there right now.
>>
Kinda related, is Endless Space any good?
>>
>>320591591
It's a great game you faggot.
>>
>>320591591
Nothing
>>
>>320590841
It's a lot harder to get into than civ, it plays quite a bit differently, the combat being optional turnbased battle or just a dice roll is dumb, dice roll WILL fuck you over even on seemingly sure victory battles adding to tedium, the sense of growth and progression you get from civ isn't there and just as you feel like your faction is getting into high gear, it's endgame
>>
>>320590841
>reasons why I would not enjoy it.
you post on /v/ so you probably hate games.
>>
If it has multiplayer I'm down to try, I've owned it for awhile and have yet to even try it
I've never played grand strategy 4x games
>>
My biggest gripe over it is lack of hot seat.
>>
>>320591897
>dice roll WILL fuck you over even on seemingly sure victory battles adding to tedium
Yeah, but if you're necrophages and have just a single of those worms in your army, the autobattle gives you a reanimated zombie squad for every squad the enemy had.
It's less a feature and more an OP bug, but still.
>>
how is this game compared to age of wonders
>>
>>320592309
Not as combat focussed. It's more about giving an AI all your luxury ressources to buy out his capitol and win a suppremacy victory.
>>
>>320590841
Can't find a single playthough where the cultist race won.
>>
File: cheeen.png (102 KB, 386x529) Image search: [Google]
cheeen.png
102 KB, 386x529
>>320591491
>4k strategy
>>
>Endless Cu︂c︂kold
>>
>>320592428
I did just fine with them.
>>
>>320592474
Good job anon, you did a meme.
>>
>>320591727
yes, but it has its share of problems, moreso than EL.
>>
It's fucking good you nerd.

Only bad thing would be that there's too much to learn, but then you'd be a cunt for not being patient.

Faggotnon
>>
I adore this game, but unless they've been addressed in my absence here are the two biggest issues I had.

1) Playing a game for several hundred turns (for whatever reason) causes things to go to shit, and it becomes liable to crash

2) Broken Lords are ridiculously OP once past turn 10 if they spawn anywhere near dust.
>>
It's kind of buggy and the DLC faction (Forgotten) is hilariously underpowered compared to the other 8. They need to use all their special abilities just to keep up with the baseline, they don't have anything to push them into "this is pretty cool and strong" territory.

Also weird oversights like armies being invincible on the ocean, so an enemy can just park a ship next to your capital and you have to sit there and wait for them to attack no matter how long it takes.
>>
the thing you gotta know about endless games is that the artstyle and story are epic but the game mechanics are just terrible
>>
Hows the AI?

easy to exploit
>>
>>320592428
Cultist is weird and kind of OP but they do have their strengths. The biggest problem is that they need a fucking huge army to protect all their camps but have no special abilities to help build said army.
>>
>>320592795
It was but I think it got a lot better recently. They won't sell you 500 luxury resources for 10 gold anymore.
>>
>>320590841
balance, although that depends on the player as well.
The tech tree gets a bit inconsequential once the rewards form it get to a certain level
the combat is not really top notch; it definitely has more to it than most people decry, but it is not great.
afaik, the cold operator bug is still in the game, making heroes lose their winter immunity if they change their assignment, so governors have to govern and generals have to general, once they obtain the skill, which is pivotal.
>>
Playing as Cultists and reinforcing my only city against four overly aggressive AI's was most fun I had in a long time.
>>
>>320592818
meant to type UP not OP
>>
File: 1447553278019.jpg (7 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
1447553278019.jpg
7 KB, 211x239
>>320592818
>Not sticking to your territory
>Not expanding by conquering
>Not assimilating the bare minimum for the main quest-line
>Not killing off the roving clans and becoming the king of the market.
>>
Never really got into strategy games but I've played a few. Would I like this game if I liked Civ4/5 and AoE2? That's all I've really played I have no real excuse other than just dedicating my time to other genres.
>>
who /vaulters/ here

Will Mezari ever become their own faction
>>
>>320593030
Yes. You'll never go back to Civ after this.
>>
File: 13520326843.png (82 KB, 217x256) Image search: [Google]
13520326843.png
82 KB, 217x256
>>320593061
no.
>>
>>320593008
Does the market ban go away if you kill the roving clans? I heard it doesn't, which makes them wildly OP vs cultists. I don't think I'd want to try playing as cultists with those twats in the game.
>>
>>320593030
If you liked Civ 5 I think you should at least give it a try. It has a lot of the same boardgamey feel.
>>
>>320593061
most likely, yeah
>>
>>320593091
That's why you kill them before they can.
>>
>>320593079
Oh well. She makes me diamonds all the same. What's more bothering to me is Vaulters/Mezari are showcased with melee weapons, yet their bulk force and heroes all use shitty crossbows.
>>
>>320593061
I hope not, their backstory is pretty lame. Then again so are the forgotten and drakken.
>>
>>320593194
That's ridiculous. You're just supposed to hope you spawn close enough to them and in an advantageous enough position to kill them at the start of the game, or else you're fucked forever once they use their magic special move on you? Fucking french fags can't into balance.
>>
Is Shadows DLC worth it guys? Haven't played this in a while.
>>
The combat is horrible, it's like they're having a contest about who can come up with the most superfluous replacement for normal turn-based combat
>>
>Minimum: 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 or equivalent

>You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Would I be able to play this?
>>
>>320593564
Pirate it and find out. If you like it, give them your money.
>>
>>320593628
>>320593263
>>320593194
>>320593091
I think a decent amount of cultist players pick keys to the market as a trait.

I do it for drakons for maximum jewing.
>>
>>320591727
I find one of the big problems of endless space to be the ship customization.

It takes a while to raise enough fleets to be reasonably sure you can go to war while protecting your own territory. However depending on how your ships are customized in relation to how the enemy's ships are customized will determine the entire outcome of battles. When you take these two things into account what it means is that to be successful you need to know what every enemy fleet has at all times and try to counter it. Though in reality since it takes time to build a fleet you could spend time making a fleet focusing on missiles and shielding only to end up confronting a fleet focusing on kinetics and flak. You end up just having to be lucky until such a time as you can afford to retrofit whole fleets in a single turn.

Also its worth mentioning you are in a constant state of cold war/war until you research diplomacy which will then lead you to being neutral with a couple civs. Furthermore a single enemy vessel is all it takes to blockade and attempt to invade a system, even when that system has every defensive upgrade and the enemy ship has no weapons capable assisting in an invasion.
>>
>>320591591
>yeah but i want to hear whats bad about it

/v/ in a nutshell.

Seriously, your post somehow sums up this board better than "/v/ hates games".
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.