[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, in the end, what do you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: roster.png (2 MB, 1575x1800) Image search: [Google]
roster.png
2 MB, 1575x1800
So, in the end, what do you think?
>>
I don't care.
>>
>two capcom reps
>two SEGA reps (technically)
>meanwhile the ones developing the game, Bamco, has one
I dunno, Love Live/Im@s sounds like a huge cash maker.
>>
>>320587841
Heihachi would be an even bigger money maker considering Tekken and all
>>
>>320587841
Heihachi is just barely iconic enough to possibly be the second Bamco rep, nobody else deserves to be in.
>>
Pretty good. Only complaint is that the clones should have just been alt costumes so they could have maybe spent that time on wolf instead.
>>
>>320587617
S I X
I
X
F U C K I N G
U
C
K
I
N
G
F I R E
I
R
E
E M B L E M S
M
B
L
E
M
S
>>
>>320588805
It's been said before that they were just going to be alt costumes, but they decided to just make them separate icons on the character select screen just so they could record different states than their counterparts, and maybe have minor variations

All the time spent on clones would hardly equal the amount of time it takes to do a unique character
>>
>>320587617
About a third of the roster is bad and could easily be replaced. They made too many of Brawl's mistakes all over again and too many of the newer characters have gimmicky movesets at the expense of being fun.
>>
Newcomers are pretty solid for the most part. The third party picks are all amazing. Clones are dumb but they took no time to add so I can't be too bent out of shape about it. The only non-clone choices that seem especially odd or just plain dumb are Rosalina, Corrin, and Palutena. Everything else ranges from decent to fantastic.

I got my two most wanted out of it so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much but I'm still lightly salted from the Corrin announcement.
>>
>>320587617
Not much to complain about except the bizarre overrepresentation of FE. Too many anime sword users.

That and Ganon still not getting a unique moveset, I guess.
>>
>>320589150
>About a third of the roster is bad and could easily be replaced.

Who do you think should be replaced?

>>320589150
>They made too many of Brawl's mistakes all over again and too many of the newer characters have gimmicky movesets at the expense of being fun.

What are those mistakes from Brawl, and which newcomers do you feel have gimmicky, but not fun movesets?
>>
>>320587617
I feel that bringing Lucas Roy and Mewtwo back were cheap copouts. Instead of getting something exciting or cool we get two semi-clones and a piece of shit you need to pay $3.99 a piece for
>>
It would have been perfect if Snake, Wolf and Ice Climbers returned too.
>>
>>320589137
>All the time spent on clones would hardly equal the amount of time it takes to do a unique character

I think lucina, dark pit, and Dr. Mario together might be enough for wolf, who is also partially a clone. If not, then just replace roy with wolf.
>>
>>320587617

What's Bayonetta's character? Tell me about her, /v/.
>>
>>320589150

That's what I'm thinking. It's like almost every newcomer has a somewhat strange gimmick. There's only a few that are straightforward.
>>
>>320587617
Way too much FE focus. I wouldn't have minded as much if they actually used some variety from the series, e.g. lances and axes, but everybody is just running around with a sword and swinging it in different ways.

The lack of DK representation in the game is downright disappointing.

Aside from that, the roster itself is pretty fun. As for the game itself, there's still way too much focus on speed. Powerhouse characters still fall short outside of casual play because Smash itself is pretty much just high-speed footsies into reset, then repeat until one person finally can't recover.
>>
>>320589491
As I said, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario were already going to be in the game, they were going to just be alt costumes like everyone keeps saying they wanted them to be.

However, instead of doing that, they just made the alternate costumes a separate slot on the roster and gave them more colors than they would have before along with more colors for the char that they were originally for, hardly costing that much time than what the original plan was, which was going to be alternate costumes regardless

>http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

>There are 3 fighters [Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario] that are alternate models (clones) in the game. Each was originally a color variation, but during development, they were given balanced characteristics. Since their functionality had differences, forms were separated from each other. However, it was vital that this didn’t increase the required man-hours. Some relative tuning was sufficient as it wasn’t necessary to create balancing from scratch.
>>
>>320589694
Well at least robin was done right, he's pretty much the exception to the FE characters.

That said corrin looks pretty different, even if his move set is kinda similar. I hate the fact that ANOTHER FE character is in, but I'll save my judgment on his playstyle till after he comes out.
>>
>>320589951
The only thing wrong about Corrin is that he has a counter.
>>
>>320588993
ridleyfag detected :^)
>>
>>320587617
That arrangement is giving me autism.
>>
>>320587617
Shit, but still an improvement over Brawl.
>>
>Dr. Mario
>Ganondorf is still a fucking Falcon clone
>Lucina
>Roy
>Dark Pit
>Cloud
>No Ice Climbers because the 3DS has shit hardware

Other than those, it's alright. I don't think Bayonetta should be in it either, but she adds uniqueness so I'll let it slide.
>>
>>320590328
At this point I'm so set in with ganondorf's playstyle I'd be mad if they changed it. Better to just add Ganon as a character or something.
>>
>>320587617
Great game but the 6 FE characters are just too much. I don't give an honest fuck about Bayonetta , but I'll give her a shot. And DK & Metroid get shafted again , 15 years later same old shit.

Oh and something NOBODY brings up. This game only added ONE new Heavy (Bowser Jr) , that's it. ONE. Fuckin sad.
>>
Lucina, Roy and Dark Pit should have not been included.

Pacman should have had a Ms. Pacman alt (would have taken no time to make).

Sonic should have had a Shadow and/or Metal Sonic alt.

Despite Rosalina being a better replacement the Ice Climbers should have been revamped brought back as 3d model (popo) and 2d (nana)sprite fighters.
>>
>>320590435
I think Ganon is screwed out of the roster unless Dorf's final smash changes.
>>
>>320588216
Klonoa to be honest with you senpai desu-ne
>>
>>320589559
fuck off
>>
>people are OK with an incredibly niche RPG with 3 games having both Lucas and Ness
>people are not OK with a series that has 14 games having 6 characters
Admittedly, I too wish Lucina or Roy weren't there, but people are chimping out over this.
>>
>>320589559
she's a witch with time powers who kills angels as part of a pact she made with a demon
>>
I never thought I'd say this, but there are too many third party reps.
>>
How come Snake couldn't use guns, but Bayonetta can?
>>
>>320591264
Bayonetta's guns aren't actual real life guns, uses magic or some shit.
>>
>>320591000
It's never been about the number of games.
>>
>>320591264

Since Bayonetta is dlc maybe she slide past the ESRB.
>>
>>320590150
Not really. I'm just mad Nintendo puts so many characters from a single series into smash. Like, what the hell do we need 9 Super Mario characters for? Or 5 Zelda characters? Nintendo has so many games to pick from and they pick the most boring pieces of shit. I'd rather they include 2 characters of a franchise and have more variety than where we're at now.
>>
>>320587617
Where did you get these icons for the hidden characters? They show up blurred on the website.
>>
>>320591528
>Like, what the hell do we need 9 Super Mario characters for? Or 5 Zelda characters?

Those characters have their fans. It's a fanservice game.
>>
>>320587841
Heihachi and Goku when
>>
>>320589694
I think you're exaggerating how important speed is.

Footwork is more about tactics than speed and footwork makes all the difference. I play Ganon sometimes and I've noticed that as long as I play defensively and spot-dodge, then speed literally means nothing. Ganon being a powerhouse also means that I only have to play defensively long enough to get a few normals in before most opponents are weak enough to
get easily KO'd.

A good Fox may be able to run circles around me, but good footwork makes that irrelevant.
>>
>>320591774
Heihachi is a Mii Fighter costume
>>
>>320587617
Compared to the change from Melee to Brawl, Smash 4's roster is incredibly disappointing.
>>
>>320588216
>Klonoa
>Lloyd
>>
"hmmmmmm, we have tons of fighters that people want, lets just add ANOTHER FUCKING FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER!!!"
>>
I want Dark Toon Dr. Lucina
>>
>>320588993
And the series has 14 games. That's not even one character per 2 games. Get over it.
>>
>>320587617
Let's be real, it's the greatest roster of video game characters in one place ever created, whether you hate some or whatever there is a franchise and a character that every one can love in there somewhere.
>>
>>320587617
shit
>>
>>320591942
japs wanted it, chill ridleyfag / kroolfag / whatever
>>
>>320592024
And then they wonder why westerns don't buy their games.
>>
>>320591942
Corrin is a mother fucking dragon and there is nothing that can make him not awesome
>>
>>320591942
The fact that it's another FE character doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he's from a game that's not even out yet.

Lucina may have been a pointless clone, but the fact that I've played Awakening and am familiar with her character inherently got me a little excited to see her in Smash Bros.

With Corrin, I don't even have character recognition to fall back on. Nobody does because nobody's played Fates yet.
>>
>>320587617
How do I make my own version of this.
The order is seriously fucked up.
>>
>>320592225
Fates has been out in Japan for months
>>
File: 1350105198135.png (140 KB, 338x430) Image search: [Google]
1350105198135.png
140 KB, 338x430
>>320587617
A little too much mario, pokemon, and fire emblem, and I really do miss Wolf and Snake, but still a good roster. If everyone but the smash 4 clones come back in the next game I'd be very happy.
>>
Here are the only things that bother me:

>Lucina shouldve never been in and I'd rather have Wolf back

>Sceptile wouldve been perfect to complete the type trio. I think Dark Pit should leave for his place.

>Bayonetta is cool and all, but I'd rather wouldve seen another gaming icon, such as Bomberman or Banjo Kazooie.
>>
>>320592362
Honestly, I hope they bring back every single veterans in the next Smash. That includes Snake, Wolf, and even Pichu to be honest, 'cause why not have the cute fucker back and the clones, who I hope could be developped further so they end up as "Luigi-fied" characters.
>>
>>320591000
I think it's because most(all?) f the fire emblem characters are down+B counter animu sword faggots, if there was more variety players wouldn't be so upset.

Also >literally who for the casual player, like Pit, Earthbound, and Shulk
>>
>>320592973
>Also >literally who for the casual player, like Pit, Earthbound, and Shulk

Why should that matter? You care for the casual players if they know who the character is or not?
>>
>>320587617

Imagine if someone posted this as his prediction roster pre E3 Smash bros announcment. What would reaction have been?
>>
>>320594371

I would've gone
>Bayonetta
>Ryu
>Pacman
>Cloud

>IMPLYING

At this point is there any vidya character that can't get into smash bros?
>>
>>320594371
It would have been Goku/Master Chief/Hitler tier
>>
>>320587841
>implying bamco won't get one rep every time they make a sequel from now on
>>
>>320589491
>Roy

He's been decloned entirely. He's now even less of a clone then Wolf is.

>Remove three characters for Wolf.

I think you need to see a doctor about your obsession with Wolf, its a little unhealthy. He was cool and fun to play, but not worth removing tons of characters just to get back.
>>
I'm happy with it.

It's not perfect, but hell, show me a character select screen that is.

Marvel vs Capcom 2, the previous king of Character selection breadth has 56 playable characters, and a third of those are nonviable joke characters and a third of what's left are clones.

Smash 4 has 58, the vast majority being original, and the vast majority of them having alternate costumes and customizable movesets. Say what you will about clones and Fire Emblem characters, the sheer breadth and scope of the character select screen is kind of amazing all by itself.
>>
>>320591986
Even though Kid Icarus literally gets one character per game.
>>
I still can't get over Cloud in Smash.
That just will not register in my brain for some reason
>>
>>320587617
lack luster

>No Pig Ganon/Ganonforf original moveset
>6 FE reps
>Dr Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina
>Bayonetta
>Jigglypuff (fuck the sacred original 12)
>Wii Fit Trainer
>Cloud instead of Black Mage
>No Banjo and Kazooie
>No Ridley
>No Isaac
>No King K. Rool
>No Wolf
>No Simon Belmont
>No Snake
>>
>>320592362
I'd miss the shit out of Dark Pit. Even if he is just a recolor Uprising is one of my favorite games and it was fun doing Pit vs Dark Pit or Pit&DarkPit teams with my friend.
>>
>>320590150
Ridley would have been 100% better than Corrin
>>
File: btfo.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320587617
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>320590435
>At this point I'm so set in with ganondorf's playstyle I'd be mad if they changed it.

>>320596542
>I'd miss the shit out of Dark Pit.

You are apart of the problem, please kill yourself
>>
File: Ridleyface.png (40 KB, 152x137) Image search: [Google]
Ridleyface.png
40 KB, 152x137
>>320594481
>>
>>320592358
>months
key word right there for why he/she doesnt deserve spot in Smash (yet)
>>
>>320596604
>You are apart of the problem
What problem? Wanting a character that probably took a week to develop and didn't ruin anyone else's chances?
>>
>>320596837
yeah
>>
>>320596542
I'm a huge fan of Uprising too and even though I don't mind him in Smash, I never cared for Dark Pit as a character.

He seems pointlessly forced. He's the generic anti-hero who's on equal terms with the hero in terms of power level, but personality-wise is the complete opposite of him. He's the same character that's appeared in literally every shounen anime that's ever existed.

The only thing that's mildly interesting about him is that it's fun to imagine his relationship with Viridi in comparison with Pit and Palutena.
>>
>>320587617

You could probably fill 2 lines with shitty weeb sword wielders.
>>
>>320587841
If we got any kind of idol type of character you know it'd be Miku,
Love Live and iM@S just don't have that big of a Western fanbase whereas Miku is still widely popular everywhere.

That being said, I'd love Haruka Amami with a moveset similar to that MUGEN character that was made of her.
>>
7,8/10 too much fire emblem
>>
>>320589150
>>320589656
>gimmick
Explain your reasoning
>>
>>320598281
I guess they mean stuff like Limit Break and KO meter
>>
File: Young Jimbo.png (121 KB, 256x377) Image search: [Google]
Young Jimbo.png
121 KB, 256x377
>take the piss out of the constant FE newcomers
>looking at the entire roster in retrospect makes me realize just how little little this even matters

Huh.
>>
I hope all you K. Rool fags have learned your lesson.

Your character is not as valuable as you think. I bet he was not even in the top 10.
>>
>>320590507
>Pacman should have had a Ms. Pacman alt (would have taken no time to make).
>Sonic should have had a Shadow and/or Metal Sonic alt.
That choice is not for Sakurai to make
>>
File: 1441978142414.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1441978142414.png
325 KB, 382x417
>>320591264
>>320591421
>>320591481
How come guns aren't ok but rocket launchers and other explosive materials are?
>>
>>320598630

I suppose for the same reason knives aren't allowed, but huge, gigantic fantasy swords are. I think guns and knives are the kind of thing that are fairly possible for children to acquire, while meter long rocket launchers and magical swords aren't.
>>
>>320598630
Explosives are fun and cartoonish. Wile E. Coyote could potentially try to blow up the roadrunner with a comical round black bomb with a fuse on the top of it.

Wile E. Coyote's never going to shoot roadrunner in the face with a 1911.
>>
>>320588098
>>320588216
>implying Jin / Devil Jin wouldnt be a better Tekken rep in every way
>>
VOTE FOR BEST SMASH WAIFU HERE
http://strawpoll.me/6298563
>>
Im really surprised Wolf didn't get back in but Lucas did

He would have been easy to make & a lot of people wanted him, plus Smash 4 really needs more villains
>>
>>320592925
Name more than one move for bomberman
>>
>>320588993
it must be hard being this retarded
>>
>>320596517

I'm with you on this one, but at the same time, it's too late to change his entire moveset
>6 FE reps
out of 14 games is fine
They're desserts
>Bayonetta
Are you gay?
So you are gay.
>Wii Fit Trainer
You might as well be a woman
Cloud is the fucking face of FF
>No Banjo and Kazooie
Microsoft
>No Ridley
>No Isaac
>No King K. Rool
Not as popular as Bayonetta, apparently
>No Wolf
With you on this. He should have been released with Roy and Lucas
>No Simon Belmont
>No Snake
Konami is literally a piece of shit right now, so nah.
>>
>>320596517
Pig Ganon would be cool. Ganondorf is fine the way he is.
>6 FE reps
Mario technically has 17, if you count Yoshi, Wario and DK. Three of those FE reps play nothing like Marth on top of that, and Roy has been altered a bit as well. I'd say all of them, except Roy maybe, are quite iconic too.
I understand Sakurai's reasoning for making Dr. Mario different because of him being a vet. Lucina and Dark Pit should have been alts, I agree.
>Bayonetta
Implying a newcomer that's not a clone and brings her own unique mechanic with her is a bad thing. Do you hate fun?
Wasn't Jiggs Sakurai's favorite Pokemon? Also Jigglypuff brings a pretty original moveset to the table.
>Wii Fit Trainer
Of all newcomers I think she's among the most creative ones.
Cloud's the face of FF, And of all FF characters most peeps wanted Cloud in the most.
>No Banjo and Kazooie
Meh
>No Ridley
Too big
>No Isaac
Literally who
>No King K. Rool
The only character aside from the Inklings that still deserve a spot on the roster. Smash 5 hopefully.
>No Wolf
You bitch about Ganondorf but somehow another semi-clone from the StarFox franchise is fine?
>No Simon Belmont
Meh
>No Snake
It was to be expected Snake was a one-time only deal right?
>>
>FE oversaturated with reps despite being a niche and B tier franchise
>cut key veterans that didnt make it back
>bayonetta getting third party slot despite not doing anything too big in the gaming franchise
>Kid icarus shoehorning 2 reps because of sakurai's bias
>dark pit
>>
>>320591986
And the series is niche as fuck, barely sold anything before and was getting the axe
Only the 2 new games sold okayish because of the expanded marriage shit and the new poke amie
>>
>>320592024
>japs wanted it
stop parroting bullshit
FE's following in japan is pretty low compared to other franchises
>>
>>320587617
Bayo is cool and she actually has content worth a shit unlike the other two DLC-only series. Pretty obvious they lied about the polling though, probably just an agreement between Kamiya and Sakurai.
>>
>>320601406
>>6 FE reps
>out of 14 games is fine
see
>>320603102

>>320602682
>6 FE reps
Mario technically has 17, if you count Yoshi, Wario and DK. Dont count bowser jr's alts as characters
Mario deserves those reps, it's nintendo's biggest franchise and the face of it
And they're pretty well know character
>I'd say all of them, except Roy maybe, are quite iconic too.

I like FE but they arent iconic at all
Not by a single bit, remember everyone who didnt play awakening during robin's reveal that they called him a literal who along with lucina
And the games where marth(only in the west and japan counting the dark dragon remakes), roy and ike were included sold poorly
They're not really memorable or iconic characters in videogames as a whole
>>
>>320587617
There are a few things a dislike personally but the only true universally damning thing about it is the over abundance of Fire Emblem characters.

>Fire Emblem
6 Characters
3 Newcomers
4 Unique
2 Clones

>The Legend of Zelda
5 Characters
0 Newcomers
3 Unique
2 Clones

You have to admit that that is bullshit.

I still think Dark Pit is a stain on the roster but he didn't take any dev time so no real point complaining about it. Wish they chose to declone Alph instead though.
>>
only complaint is the lack of Snake but otherwise solid lineup
>>
>>320600570
Same could be said for Little Mac. I'm sure they could do SOMETHING.

Aren't there loads of different kinds of bombs in Bomberman?
>>
File: waiwai.jpg (161 KB, 765x615) Image search: [Google]
waiwai.jpg
161 KB, 765x615
not sure who im more pissed at, konami or nintendo. such wasted potential for characters like bomberman, snake, and simon
>>
>>320603573
People will just put the blame on konami
I know they're really shitty right now but sakurai could have literally tried before bringing ryu or cloud into the roster
>>
>>320587617
We have Sonic, Megaman, Cloud, Bayonetta, Ryu, and Pac Man in a Nintendo fighting game. Seriously without the current context we have now try to imagine the reaction to that three years ago.

There are some excellent Nintendo additions as well. Shulk, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, Villager and Robin were great. Palutena and Dark Pit on the other hand were just stupid.

The only thing missing is Snake. If he would have been in here it would be complete.
>>
File: 1450058271134.jpg (66 KB, 640x559) Image search: [Google]
1450058271134.jpg
66 KB, 640x559
>>320587617
Better than I ever hoped for desu
Still, Dr Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit would be better off being replaced or at least have more diversity to their clones imo, Falco and Roy maybe too
Dont know a thing about Corrin or Bayonetta
also where the fuck is Snake
>>
>>320603835
>Bayonetta,
she's not really that outstanding as a third party character desu
>>
>>320603573

i don't care for Snake or Simon, but i know that Bomberman would have made me smile. Its a shame, but overall, I think Bayonetta is fine.
>>
Mario x Sonic x Megaman x PacMan x Ryu x Cloud x Bayonetta x Akira x Heihachi all in one game.
>>
File: IT'S NOT FAIR!.jpg (4 KB, 111x125) Image search: [Google]
IT'S NOT FAIR!.jpg
4 KB, 111x125
>>320596578
I THOUGHT WE AND JAPAN WERE BROS!
>>
>>320600570

Bomberman would have bad melee attacks but high damaging bombs with big blasts:

Down b is very fast bomb set which lays a bomb he can pick up and throw.

Neutral b is a bomb he whips out that gets bigger the more you charge it. It's Like robins thunder.

Up b is an exploding bomb that he sits on that launches him up.

Side b is a bomb tossing move with 3 diferent forward arcs.

Also his smash attacks use bombs too:

Up smash is basically snake's up smash.

Forward smash chucks a bomb at the ground in front of him.

Down smash is a bomb he sets down, basically like snake's but it explodes after a short while.
>>
>>320604402
>>320600570
Also im not that guy.
>>
>>320587617
Make Dr. Mario an alt again, remove Rosalina and replace with either Waluigi or a character from a franchise that needs more reps (Metroid, F-Zero, etc.), either remove ZSS or change her to her Zero Mission design instead of fucking Other M, make Lucina an alt, make Dark Pit an alt, remove Wii Fit Trainer and replace with a character from a series that needs more reps, remove Duck Hunt Dog and replace with a character from a series that needs more reps, remove Mii Fighters and replace with characters from series that need more reps.
>>
>>320601406

not him but

>they're desserts

fuck off with justifying clones when characters like alph are just costumes.

>are you gay

ad hominem

>so you are gay

it's an autistic opinion, sure. but still, ad hominem

>wii-fit bs

read above

>cloud is the face of FF

black mage is technically the nintendo face of FF, and would be cool.

>microsoft

said they'd be down.

don't be autistic buddy.
>>
>>320603573
There's every possibility Konami was up for it (because free money) but Nintendo just didn't approach them. Don't let it dissuade you from expressing desire for those characters in future.
>>
>>320589559
Have you ever played Devil May Cry? She's pretty much Dante, but British and not as sexy.
>>
>>320588805

>make clones alts so that time could be spent working on another clone
>>
>People are telling me FE is popular in Japan

The new games aren't even selling well

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/media-create-sales-83115-9615
>>
>>320604865
It did go down from Awakening, but you have to consider the eshop sales of the second game and third games
most people won't get both games in physical form, just one and then buy the other at half price on the eshop
>>
>>320605607
>320605607
It's still not the massive success people are claiming it to be.

Even a port of DKCR sold more than FE:A
>>
Chrom doesn't deserve to get in. He's just Wallmart brand Ike
>>
>>320587841
Love live isn't owned by namco
>>
I'm cool with it, but I wish there were more Zelda characters.

Corn, Cloud, and Bayo actually look really fun to play.

I also want a Ganondorf skin from Hyrule Warriors even if he doesn't play different.
>>
>>320606251
I'm not even a fan of the Zelda series, and I think it's criminal to only have four and a half characters in Smash 4, the same number it has been since 2001. I'm sure there are other iconic characters to use besides Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
>>
>>320605894
And Lucina isn't Walmart brand Marth?
>>
So, with this the roster is now complete.

Will they add more characters in the future?
>>
>>320606701
There's definitely more than those three, but I wouldn't know who to suggest besides Impa, which would probably be similar to Sheik unless they used the Hyrule Warriors version of her.

I guess it's whatever though, I'm not mad about what's in there for the Zelda franchise, I really just want extra skins/costumes from Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>320606251
>>320606701
I'm a Zelda fan but I can at least understand why Zelda only has 5 characters compared to something like Fire Emblem or Pokemon. Hell, Mario probably only got bumped up by adding 8 stage bosses to take up a single slot because they're about 1/8 as relevant as someone should be to get in. Zelda's got too many one-offs that we never see again. At least until Hyrule Warriors. But Smash 4 came out before that.
>>
>>320604402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c71fJV8gyjM
>>
>>320607113
I think that if one-offs really mattered, we'd be going back to the Brawl days of only Marth and Ike.
>>
>>320607113
I mean I understand it, Zelda really only focuses on Link, Ganon, and Zelda. Everyone else is kinda off to the side and whatnot. I just kinda wish there were more from just a hopeless wish standpoint.

Like I said, I really just want more costumes. Ganondorf with a mane would be sick to play as.
>>
>>320604554
>stop introducing new franchises that sold a lot

>put in the same rehashed franchises that sell less
>>
>>320606701
It was criminal that in melee, they added 4 Zelda characters. It should have been just the trio.
>>
>>320587617
Everything is good except duck hunt and bayonetta.
>>
>>320608825
Well what's wrong with Duck Hunt?
>>
File: entry13-1.jpg (164 KB, 688x387) Image search: [Google]
entry13-1.jpg
164 KB, 688x387
>>320587617
I miss Ice Climbers a bit. Everything else is fine, but I was already pretty content with the Brawl roster.

Stage select grinds my gears though. Every cool stage has at least one crippling downside to it
>Yellow devil on Mega Man stage
>Metal face and that huge gap in the middle of the xenoblade stage
>Mushroom kingdom U has that annoying dude that does the same annoying thing two items already do
>Palutenas Temple is too big to see anything, unless you have a 50" tv. Bet even Ridley would fit on that
>Speaking of which, fuck Sakurai for how he destroyed pyrosphere with him
>Third part of the paper mario stage barely has any room to fight on.
>No one knows what's going on on the new star fox or kirby stage
>Dunno if people actually want to fight in the background of the DK stage
Gamer, Kalos league and skyward sword stage are pretty good in comparison, I'd like to have less going on in Kalos though. Don't like some of the others too, but that's probably more of a personal preference.
>>
>>320608825
>all the clones and FE characters are fine but don't have two fully original characters in there
>>
>>320587617
jesus christ, nintendo. just fucking put it on PC already. I want to play it, but there's no chance in fucking hell I will ever buy a console from them
>>
>>320611467
I don't think you know how exclusives work.
>>
>>320609391
The stages in 4 are a real let down
they're all huge or annoying or both and then the items are all instakill bullshit that wreck fights
I miss the simple shit like the firecracker launcher and when Corneria wasn't on fucking handhelds only
>>
>>320611467
you could emulate the older games or PM and then you could play with others online
>>
>>320587617
> Adding the most iconic character from a competitor
> Making him the most annoying character ever

Well played, Nintendo.
>>
>>320596517
There were only 8 originally. Not 12.
>>
>>320589150
A third? That's almost 20 characters to take out.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>320612183
>There were only 8 originally. Not 12.
>>
>>320603102
Mario and Zelda are fucking lame. Rather take FE over those two series. FUCK MARIO AND ZELDA
>>
>>320587617
There are some real stinkers, and a lot of characters that I don't think deserve a spot, but over all it's really good.
>>
>>320591986
Zelda only has 5 characters, one of which is a seperated transformation character, one of which is a clone of link, and one is a fucking captain Falcon clone, is Nintendo's 2nd biggest and 2nd oldest series, and has ~16 games not counting spinoffs.
>>
>>320596517
>No Wolf
>No Simon Belmont
>No Snake
G O O D
>>
>>320606701
There's like, two or three and you'd hate one of them. It's pretty much just the trio, Tingle and Impa.
>>
>>320613067
lolno
Midna, Zant, Fi, Ghirahim, Impa, Darunia, Twinrova, Skull Kid, Vaati, just to name a few. Hell, even Groose would be good.
>>
>>320613467
>Twinrova
>Darunia
>Ghirahim
>Groose
>Skull Kid
>Zant

These... these are terrible choices. Midna and Vaati are not even a good choice, but they're miles above these obvious side characters that don't really represent the series at all. You might as well clamor for Linebeck or Fi.
>>
>>320613893
Fuck off with this shit. Any one of the characters listed would make a good addition to the roster, you're just backpedaling.
>>
>>320614172
Practically none of them are iconic of Zelda. They are, at best, iconic of one title. Darunia, Groose and Zant aren't even that.
>>
>>320614946
Not like Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and Corrin, whose game is not even out in the west yet, right?
Fuck off, you backpedaling retard.
>>
Bayonetta is what is making me reinstall this game.
>>
>>320615145
I'm not backpedaling, nor did I say anything about FE. I'm not sure you know what words are.
>>
>>320615241
>nor did I say anything about FE
Stupid shitposter.

Take your arbitrary rules of inclusion elsewhere, it has been plainly demonstrated that not every character has to be the absolute most unquestionably iconic character series wide.
>>
>>320615695
Well, as long as it's not about quality or who "deserves" to be in or iconic status, I guess anybody can be in. Zelda's got a ton of characters then. Why aren't we asking for Koloktos?
>>
File: SMASH LIST.png (3 MB, 1575x1800) Image search: [Google]
SMASH LIST.png
3 MB, 1575x1800
>>320587617
>>
>>320615940
Iconic is what the reply chain started about. Every one of those characters barring Groose and Darunia are "iconic". You then rolled it back and tried to say "but they're only relevant to one game!". This is called back pedalling. You are a faggot. Stop talking.
>>
>>320616305
Roy, Dark Pit, and Lucina should be costumes, Corrin can stay even though his game isn't fucking out yet, because he is very distinct from the others, and I don't really care for Ike, but some people have grown very attached to him.
I'm more frustrated by the excessive number of third parties, and the things they did to Pokemon's reps, but hey, at least Mewtwo is back.
>>
>>320616430
I'm saying they're not iconic to Zelda, and a large part of that is because they're only in one game. Nobody would ever call Zant iconic.
>>
>>320616686
Of the Fire Emblem characters, Ike is probably the most 'deserving' beside Marth. Not a lot of lords get to star in multiple games.
>>
>Still no Geno.
>>
>>320616839
They are more iconic to Zelda than any given Fire Emblem character is to Fire Emblem. Your shitty fake rules don't apply to anything but your own brain.
>>
>>320616921
I was not aware he was in multiple games. That being the case, I see no problem with it and take back what I said.
>>
File: Tifa.jpg (43 KB, 433x600) Image search: [Google]
Tifa.jpg
43 KB, 433x600
>Cloud
>Not Tifa.
>>
File: SMASH LIST2.png (3 MB, 1575x1800) Image search: [Google]
SMASH LIST2.png
3 MB, 1575x1800
>>320616686
>>
FE has the advantage in that every game brings a new main character with it. Zelda on the other hand always focuses on the main trio with the newcomers always being side characters who last for one game.

Sakurai seems to avoid one-off side characters who lack current relevancy.
>>
>>320617532
>removing all none genwun pokemon

yeah that's exactly what we need
>>
>>320617532
>not crossing Dr. Mario
Why man?
>>
>>320617521
Well obviously if it was going to be someone it would be Cloud.

It'll be a damn shame if there's no Tifa trophy though.
>>
>>320587617
Too many FE characters, FE is nowhere near popular enough to deserve 6 characters in smash, especially when there's only 5 Zelda characters.
>>
>>320587617
When will the Dr Mario meme end? Why is that even a thing? How can you justify the existence of Toon Link, possibly one of the most retarded and useless concepts in the game? Why do you need the whole Zelda cast, including Zelda herself who canonically has 0 fighting skills while Impa is left out? Why include more than 1 pokemon? It's a cheap gimmick that gets old and repetitive. Who the fuck are Ness and Lucas and why should those autistic looking 8 year olds get roster spots?
>Muh generic dark Pit for absolutely no reason
>Muh literally who Robin, Ike, and Palutena anime characters
>Unironically having R.O.B. as a character
>There is literally a character called "Duck Hunt" and "Wii Fit Trainer"

How can one roster be filled with so much degeneracy?
>>
>>320592925
There's already a type trio between Lucario, Charizard and Narutoad from thier dual typings.
>>
File: 1450387924724.jpg (3 MB, 3534x5000) Image search: [Google]
1450387924724.jpg
3 MB, 3534x5000
>>320618175
Palutena was a main character in Uprising.
>>
>We have 58 characters when you account for all 3 Mii fighters

>Out of the 53, we have only have 3 true clones and 4 semi clones

It's pretty good I would say
>>
>>320617727
Ok then remove all the old gen one pokemon and see how many of you bitch about that too.
>>320617813
Because the damage has already been done by previous games and I'd have to cross out toon link, GANON, Roy, almost falco, almost ike, and Lucas.
>i promis noh recycled movesets
ok
>>
>>320618340
No idea what that is m8
>>
F I X S A M U S
I
X
S
A
M
U
S
>>
>>320618340
Kid Icarus is actually called Palutena's Mirror in Japan. She's like Zelda with The Legend of Zelda.
>>
>>320589360
>FE is over represented
>9 mario reps
>>
>>320618956
Mario is the most iconic Nintendo property, though, and the Mario characters include a dragon, a dinosaur, a gorilla and a space princess.

FE is a long way down the totem pole and every character is an anime sword fighter.
>>
>>320591153
>Sceptile
Stop this memes
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 1024x576
Reminder

You can shit on FE reps being 6

But remember that Lucina is an Alt costume and Roy came back

Minus those 2 and given Corrin, we only really have 4 Fire Emblem reps
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
Glad I got Lucas.
>>
>>320592147
Arceus. The word you were looking for was Arceus. Not Dragon.
>>
>>320619384
The damage control is so real.
>>
File: image.png (296 KB, 581x485) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296 KB, 581x485
>>320619150

>Long way down the totem pole

>He's still rejecting that awakening was super popular and pushed the series to be more well known

Yes, it sucks the variety of the character but don't pretend it wasn't warranted

Also Corrin and Robin aren't simple sword wielders
>>
>>320619445
Are you saying that he's not a real trans-dragon? Check your fucking privilege.
>>
>>320619486
Just because it has recently gotten more popular doesn't put it anywhere near on the level of things like Pokemon and Zelda.
>>
Regardless of what you guys think of Corrin, the fact of the matter is that spear shoving move that freezes the opponent is going to be really useful in Team battles
>>
>>320616305
Cut out roy and put olimar out of his misery and it's pretty good.
>>
The fire emblem reps being here isn't a problem to me. Just the clone aspect of lucina and roy. And I think Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy should have been a retro pack, and not counted towards our total for characters, but whatever. Just seems like Sakurai wanted to give us shit to beat off to with these last three.
>>
>>320619485

>Damage control

The only damage is the salt from everybody else shitting on a U wiry character because their literal who didn't get in

Wanting a clone like Wolf fags shouldn't even exist
>>
>>320619595
They were going to shelve Zelda not too long ago.
>>
>>320619751
Wolf was in no way a clone, his moveset was almost completely different from Fox's
>>
>People are still using the term Anime Swordsman just because they wield one and ignore the rest of the moveset

I want to call everybody who comes bare handed "Barebones Puncher"
>>
>>320587841
Hold the phone, doesn't Monado boy technically count as a Namco rep?
>>
The items fucking suck ass.

I don't want shit that will makes me insta-win, I want shit that does something fun and zany

The colour smoke bomb is the best fucking item in the game, despite being near useless combatwise. I want more of that
>>
>>320619960
Uh, no? Why would he be considered Namco?
>>
>>320619668
>not liking Olimar
Seriously m8? He is like a top tier nintendo protag
>>
>>320620023
almost every new item really is shit
>glaxian/beetle
insta kill if it lands
>ogre club
hits with insane range and power on the tornado
>gust bellows
stupid as fuck
>>
>>320619553
HE'S NOT EVEN THE DRAGON-TYPE ARCEUS.
>>
>>320614946
>>320613893
I wouldn't call Sheik iconic. Having seniority doesn't mean a thing, see Wolf. We could easily replace Sheik with Zant or Ghirahim. FE can have its flavor of the month but not Zelda? No bias here.
>>
>>320604856
Wolf is the least cloney clone in the game. He's as much a clone as luigi is.

>>320595161
I don't even play with wolf, but variety wise he's a better choice then roy due to FE having so many characters and roy being sword based.
>>
>>320620049
I believe he's considering Xenogears/saga which were published by Namco. It's still incorrect since Xenoblade has nothing to do them.
>>
>>320620379
Sheik also wouldn't be in if she wasn't originally just part of Zelda's moveset. That said, Zant and Ghirahim aren't any more iconic than her.
>>
>>320619384
I'd still call it 5. The only upside to Lucina is that I can play her without fumbling my tipper range when I switch between this, PM and Melee.

Roy is the only big mistake in my eyes. Not necessarily because FE is overrepped, but because Roy is really undeserving. Hector, Lyn or Ephraim would much better represent the GBA era, or Sigurd, Celice or Leaf could have finally represented the SNES era.

I think 5 reps+ a costume with a twist are fine for one of Nintendo's longest running series, the only real criticism lies at the fact that we got no new Zelda or DK reps when people have been asking for Ganon/new Zelda antagonist, and Dixie/K'rool.

I think if Roy's inclusion had been axed for a Zelda or DK rep, we'd hear no complaints about it.

I prefer getting Roy over getting nothing though, I'm an FE fag, and it's never been a better time to be one, even if the decisions made are a little iffy.
>>
>>320620096
Oh I like olimar, but apparently ninty doesn't because they won't fucking fix or buff him. Then again, it's like that for a lot of the lower tier characters.
>>
Fuck this hentai bullshit game. https://youtu.be/r3zODouXRPc
>>
File: 1388710176183.jpg (15 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1388710176183.jpg
15 KB, 316x202
I'm honesty baffled how people have more of a problem with the characters than the STAGES holy fuck
>>
>>320587841
Not Klonoa?
>>
>>320620931

>Roy's inclusion

>for a Zelda or DK rep

Except Roy was s clone that took no effort, you weren't gonna get a Zelda or DK newcomer instead
>>
File: 37888600.png (557 KB, 553x600) Image search: [Google]
37888600.png
557 KB, 553x600
>>320620819
Exactly, so get rid of Sheik and add any of those two. I wanted Tetra, and some mods have actually made a convincing Toon Zelda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkNfif0j5o4
>>
>>320620937
Olimar doesn't need to be fixed. He's great.
>>
>>320621303
But anon sakura gave us all the final destinations we could ever ask for!
>>
>>320621303

Oh boy here we fucking go

Let me guess, you fucking hate everything that isn't battlefield reskins or has a whopping 10 second walk off

The stages are fine, stop being needy and learn to adapt so you can enjoy them better
>>
File: 1414360312830.jpg (34 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1414360312830.jpg
34 KB, 400x240
>he doesn't know that a completely unique character costs at least three clones*

>(*clones that actually took up development time and weren't skins)
>>
>>320612498
yeah fuck diverse cartoony characters, add more anime
>>
>>320621546
Not him, but I literally refuse to play on non omega stages of there's 4 or less people playing.
>>
>>320621303

Eh, not really

Town and City, Skyloft, Wii Sports Resorts, Pilot Wings, Colleseum, Wii fit Studio, Mario Maker, the new Bayonetta stage were all great

Orbital gate assault is fun unless your a dumbass who doesn't know when to jump the stage is clearly about to be shot down
>>
File: 1426904699809.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1426904699809.png
34 KB, 196x197
Using the vanilla total and the confirmed DLC total, and some basic math, there are f o u r trophies unaccounted for in the 3DS version and o n e trophy unaccounted for in the Wii U version.

I wonder what they could be.
>>
>>320587617
tr4sh just like the gameplay

/thread
>>
>Project M shut down
>wii u hacking starting to appear
>Project M team gets together to make Project MU with all the popular Smash Ballot votes added to the game.

Not a fan of the hack, but I would definitely try it out
>>
>>320595161
Roy is way more of a clone than Wolf. Just look at his moves side-by-side with Marth and do the same with Wolf and Fox in Brawl.

Wolf is not even a clone. He and Fox share SIMILAR b-moves, and nothing else. The only move that I would say is the same is down-b, and in that case Marth and Ike are clones.
>>
>>320611467
You sound like a huge faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1889x1063) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1889x1063
>>320621952

Did you account Bayonetta? Cause she, Jean and Rodin get a trophy
>>
>>320618340
>mfw The moon with the tower and the explosion forms the Smash logo
MIND STATUS: BLOWN
>>
>>320622274
also Cereza
>>
>>320587617
Honestly, feels a little bloated. I'd be willing to bet the next Smash game will trim the roster down considerably, MvC style.
>>
>>320622274
>>320622640
http://pastebin.com/KPBEXnCL
Here's the math.

Add them all to the vanilla total and I still get the same number. I'm not missing anyone. There are trophies we don't know about. Though it's likely it's more Bayonetta and Fates stuff.
>>
>>320587617
Corrin could have easily been an AW rep instead, if IS still gave a shit about that poor neglected series.
>>
>>320622006
Nice one. Go tell your mom.
>>
>>320616305
>remove Corrin
>not Roy

Disgusting.
>>
>>320587617
I have less a problem with the roster and more a problem with the gameplay.

People are so focused on bitching about various additions to the game, but the core game is still slow, and not all that much fun. I don't want it to be Melee, but I think there's a balance somewhere in the middle that needs to be found. The lack of jump momentum is still 100% inexcusable in a 2D platform-based game. I don't feel like I'm fighting with fluid motions in Smash 4, I feel like I'm trudging through muck and punching padded walls.
>>
>>320622089
Not going to happen. The PMDT has already said they have no plans to mod Smash 4. It's up to a different group.
>>
File: 1443221313458.jpg (697 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443221313458.jpg
697 KB, 1200x1200
>>320587617
I want to fuck Little Mac
I want to fuck Ganondorf
I want to fuck Bowser
I want to fuck Ike
I want to fuck Captain Falcon
I want to fuck Ryu
I want to fuck Snake also, but he's not there anymore and is understandable, honestly.

I'm very satisfy.
>>
>>320623031
>The lack of jump momentum is still 100% inexcusable in a 2D platform-based game
I don't even like Melee all that much and I agree with this

This would make Smash Run so much more tolerable
>>
>>320621436
Roy is a semi-clone. And I never said a new character had to be made from the ground up. Dixie could easily be a semi-clone to Diddy. Ganon would have to be a stretch, but the potential is there.
>>
File: 1449897532079.png (2 MB, 1682x1300) Image search: [Google]
1449897532079.png
2 MB, 1682x1300
>tfw got one pick right
>>
has tons of content, but the gameplay itself is mediocre. Adding more to a 7/10 game doesnt change it from being a 7/10
>>
>>320587841
>Brawl we got Mario vs. Sonic
>Sm4sh we got Link vs. Cloud

We are getting Pikachu vs. Agumon in Smash 5
>>
They really should have taken a page from From Software's book with regards to the ballot.

When From did their shield design contests for DS1 and 2, they chose winners from each region. If they had chosen one ballot winner from each region to put into the game, it might not have felt like such a rip.
>>
>>320618956
Yoshi and Wario aren't considered Mario reps - they have their own icons and represent the Yoshi and WarioWare series respectively, which are mario series spinoffs, but still separate. There 7 characters with the Mushroom symbol marking them as Mario series reps.

Regardless, Mario should be the most-represented since it's Nintendo's flagship franchise. Legend of Zelda and Pokemon are the other big 3, which is why Pokemon is in 2nd place for most represented with 6 characters.

What ISN'T justified is the fact that Fire Emblem is now tied for 2nd with also having 6, placing it as more represented than the Legend of Zelda, which only has 5 reps.

All other series having 2-3 reps is fine, though I do think Donkey Kong could use another rep, and having a 2nd character for some of the other one-shot series would be fine, though I'd rather see more non-represented series getting a character.
>>
File: g&g.png (2 MB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
g&g.png
2 MB, 1333x1000
You're in the club and these guys launch and air combo your gf's ass.
What do you do?
>>
>>320622660
I'd only welcome a trimmed roster if they actually intend to make the next game more competitive. Otherwise, I don't mind the bloat.
>>
>>320624217
Wonder why I'm in the club and have a gf.
>>
>>320587617
>No Snake
>Six fucking Fire Emblem characters
>While bigger/more popular franchises like Donkey Kong and Metroid still only have two reps
>Dark Pit
>Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario are full characters while Alph is just an alt skin
>Miis are shit

Great roster otherwise
>>
>>320623547
Looks like you got more than that, m8. Though I don't know when exactly you made that, I can assume if they don't have their render, they weren't confirmed yet. So you got
>Bayonetta
>Mac
>Greninja
>Wolf removal
>Lucas (initial) removal
>Charizard being its own character

That being said
>no Meta Knight
>Marth as the only FE character
>Not knowing Pac-Man and Palutuena were coming from miles away

I'm just going to assume Jim was added in jest.
>>
>>320624945

those were after the initial roster was announced, before DLC
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.