[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spelunky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Spelunky-Cover-Art.jpg (197 KB, 900x1090) Image search: [Google]
Spelunky-Cover-Art.jpg
197 KB, 900x1090
Hey /v/,

I have $15 sitting in my Microsoft account which is just enough to buy Spelunky for the Xbox One, since they just made the 360 version backwards compatible. I'm HUGE into The Binding of Isaac and games like FTL, SMB, Don't Starve, Nuclear Throne (to a lesser extent), shit like that. Is this the kind of game for me? What are your experiences with it and thoughts on it?

And if any other Xbonefags have any other recommendations for what to spend my $15 on I'm all ears, I'm just really high and looking for a new game to fuck around with and get a lot of time out of, just want to hear some people's opinions and experiences with the game
>>
Let me tell you anon I have had one he'll of a lot of fun with this game. I have over fifty hours into it and have only had a handful of "full" runs. There is a lot of difficulty but a lot of fun and challenge to be had. If you likes Isaac I think you'll enjoy this game.
>>
>>320578108
Spelunky admittedly has a lot less to unlock than Isaac, but there's still plenty of content, and the game is trickier.

It's roguelike nature also feels more fair, in a sense. There are runs in Isaac where you are just flatout fucked, but if you're gud enough in Spelunky, you can beat the game with the basic loadout.

The items all don't play off one another entirely, but they can still synergize too.

It's got a lot of little hidden things, and getting the true ending is fucking hard.
>>
>>320579656
I totally get what you mean about fair vs unfair RNG, I kind of hate that about Isaac but like the idea of having to adapt to your current run.

I'm watching NL's introduction to Spelunky and it definitely seems a little more skill based and a little less reliant on items, which is definitely a big draw

I'm also checking out Rogue Legacy now too, that shit also looks appealing. Damn
>>
>>320580086
I'd really recommend Spelunky over Rogue legacy, personally.

Spelunky is just really fucking good.
>>
>>320580168
You convinced me, i'm fuckin buying Spelunky.
>>
>>320580451
Enjoy man.

Seriously, I'm envious of people who get to play it for the first time.
>>
>>320580451
Just so you know the PC version has more characters and a special daily challenge mode
>>
>>320580769
I thought I'd heard the XBLA version also had dailys?
>>
>>320579558
Same boat here, about 60 hours have only gotten to the end three times, haven't even gotten close to the "true end". Lots of fun lots of challenge.
>>
It'll probably be on sale at least 50% during the steam sale in a few days
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.