[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sonic turns off his Super State to allow Tails to fly him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Sonic4Episode2-1.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Sonic4Episode2-1.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>Sonic turns off his Super State to allow Tails to fly him over gaps rather than just flying himself

This was so fucking retarded
>>
File: fuck my life.jpg (42 KB, 233x225) Image search: [Google]
fuck my life.jpg
42 KB, 233x225
>SEGA finally releases a Sonic game with Tails as sidekick in
>Tails isn't playable outside of multiplayer
One of main flaws this game have.
>still no mod that lets Tails be played in singleplayer, both alone or with Sonic
>>
I don't know whats worse, that Episode 1 was a zero effort production, or that Episode 2 had some form of effort put into it but it ended up being just as bad as Episode 1
>>
File: 1439090528490.png (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1439090528490.png
15 KB, 400x400
What was so hard about making it 16-bit based, creating a few new sprites, and re-using the "blast processing" engine or whatever?

Why make this?
>>
>>320560386
because dimps
>>
>>320560034
>still no mod that lets Tails be played in singleplayer, both alone or with Sonic
Playing as Tails only would make it impossible to finish some levels, since the homing attack is necessary to progress in certain stages.

>re-using the "blast processing" engine or whatever
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
>>
>>320560747
>or whatever

Clearly, im unsure. Just they used for physics in the old ones.
>>
Reminder that Dimps was also the creator of the godly trilogy, Sonic Advance.
Something happened.

>>320560747
That's right, but can't Tails fly?
>>
>>320559308
this is a THING?

NO ONE talks about this shit, how did this come out five years ago without any importance?
>>
File: 1420599581558-0.jpg (78 KB, 578x666) Image search: [Google]
1420599581558-0.jpg
78 KB, 578x666
>You can switch between Sonic and Tails with a single button press

Classic Heroes FTW
>>
>>320560964
>Just they used for physics in the old ones.
I'm sure they would have done so if that was a possibility.

>>320560991
>That's right, but can't Tails fly?
If I recall, one of the acts in that Wing Fortress knockoff level requires some sort of teleportation device to pass through a wall. Said device can only be activated with the homing attack. I'm sure there's other small instances, but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Sonic 4 as a whole sucks and I wish Sega would stop contracting Dimps to develop Sonic games.
>>
Was it SEGA themselves who made the old ones or did they hand them off to other developers?

Sonic Team?
>>
>>320561040
we did talk about it but then we got tired of it five minutes later just like every other sonic game since & Knuckles
>>
>>320561909
I see, then. But still, though.
>>
>A team of professional developers made this abomination
>Taxman made a 1:1 remake of the original games with new levels
Wew
>>
>>320560747
Should be like S3&K where characters get alternate paths.
>>
>>320562083
Sonic Team made the classic trilogy
Dimps made Sonic 4 Episode 1 & 2
>>
>>320561040
Sonic 4 sold best on the Wii, so episode 2 skipped the Wii entirely in a purely smart business decision.

0 advertising for the second episode too. Game bombed so hard they scrapped the rest of the planned episodes.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.