[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm making a video game based on the catacombs of paris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
I'm making a video game based on the catacombs of paris (not the movie).
Now what would you guys want to see plot wise. I mean there's gotta be some more to it than just wandering in endless hallways.
Horror?
3spooky?
Come on, give me some ideas here.
>>
>>320555997
FPS game with skeleton enemies.
>>
>>320556240
No.
>>
Puzzles to unlock a secret message.

Has to be a survival game, running out of batteries, having to go back for equipment, fatigue, mapping your areas, getting lost.
>>
I think Legend of Grimrock style might work
>>
>>320556465
This is a very good idea. I really like this.
What type of message would it be?

What do you guys think of the possibility to run into someone else, and if you get lost from them, you'll never see them again?
>>
>>320556858
trust me you don't want to run into someone else in this shithole
>>
>>320556240
Fps shooter were you are a skeleton
>>
>>320556858
The message is the code to open a secret door.
>>
Make the player feel really isolated, no other characters unless there for some tricky little reason like hallucinations or something
>>
>>320555997
Tetris except all the pieces are skulls.
>>
>>320556465
>Has to be a survival game
Nah fuck that
>running out of batteries
why not oil for a lantern?
>having to go back for equipment
back where?
>fatigue
for wht purpose if it's just a puzzle game
>mapping your areas, getting lost.
casuals won't like that they'll call it tedious.
>>
>>320557549
I dunno, I like the idea of mapping the tunnels. Especially if the map randomized on every new game.
>>
>>320556465
>people taking this post seriously
>>
>>320557549
>>fatigue
>for wht purpose if it's just a puzzle game
why not both
>>
>milking non creditable sources for game ideas
>>
>>320555997
Put a mechanic where you only see enemies out of the corner of your screen but they're really blurry or blended into the environment, and if you look at them directly they disappear so the player never really knows if the game actually has enemies.
>>
Polnareff easter egg
>>
>>320556465
What kind of idiot doesn't bring a hand crank flashlight down there?
>>
>>320558576
>implying his game will even make a ripple in the saturated indie game market
>>
>>320555997
a map to guide you,
areas of the world may change completely whenever you get to important sectons
eerie music and shit that appears in the distance
Knowledge of a direct threat to you, which is dangerous, possibly following a pre-determind patrol route until such a time that it spots the player, then it becomes random.
Mr skeltel.
dodgy lighting, so some areas are well lit but as you descend further the place becoems darker and you depend on your personal lights (had this happen in an italian catacomb when the lights to an area had water get into the electrics, we ended up touring that section using a cameras light, it was cool but scary as fuck)
If you really must, jumpscares but those are cheap as fuck.
Failing that do something a little like vanish as that game had a pretty solid performance for scares and shit, it was short so you could jump in but challenging as hell.
>>
>>320555997
battery life
map that only works on the tutorial level or in the easy sections of the game
sounds of people telling you to help them and bam theres no one there (insanity stuff)
the walls start releasing hands trying to grab you
followers of a cult having fun but if you run onto them they will try to kill you
>>
>>320555997
You fight gorilla knights while finding clues about the pope
>>
Make it first person through a video camera.

You can only progress if your camera is charged but you have a spare.

Corridor walking Sim with eerie atmosphere. Find notes hidden about historical events.

Make shadows appear in certain areas to make it seem like there's something down there.

Maybe the plot could be that you're looking for someone who said they were going down there but haven't returned so you're cataloging the process.
>>
>>320561249
>DUDE
>OUTLAST IN FRANCE
>LMAO
>>
Enemies have a bone to pick with you
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.