[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm loving Bloodborne so far (stuck on pic related) but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: bloodborne_4.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_4.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
I'm loving Bloodborne so far (stuck on pic related) but I feel the fact if you run out of vials/bullets/antidotes you have to grind tediously to get the bloodechos required to purchase them or grind even more tediously by killing enemies and hoping for random drops really kills the pace and can greatly discourage a player from pressing on. I much preferred Dark Souls keeping status effects away from bosses (aside from Seath) and having your main healing item refilled at death. Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>320542317
The frustration-free features are really welcome. I do like how they got rid of grinding for items.

btw OP use fire and learn to parry him. He's not that bad.
>>
You do not need vials if you

Git gud
>>
>I prefer when games are easy and don't challenge or punish me when I fail

You probably played Dark Souls with a trainer too, right?
>>
>>320542317
The best farming run is from Great Bridge to Grand Cathedral. You can get around 25 vials in a few minutes.

Blood starved is a chump once you get parry timing done.
>>
>>320542317
Keep moving towards the boss and stick right. That is your right his left. There isn't a single move he can possibly hit you with if you always walk towards him on your right

Also while employing above strategy, the boss will often do a single slash with his right hand, this leaves a ton of time to backstab him
>>
>>320543152
This. You will not even have to use dodge a single time, literally just walk. He is the easiest boss in the entire game this method. When he goes poison just make sure you have a few antidotes, i think two is behind the large statue in the room you fight him in if you need any.
>>
You can just buy vials and bullets with blood in the dream shop.
>>
>>320542317
Pungent blood cocktails
Fire
>>
>>320542851
But you don't start with 20 healing item's in dark souls like you do in BB. At this point in the game you'd probably have half the healing items you can have in BB. Don't see how that's easier.
>>
>>320542317
There's an easy way to farm blood vials quick. Go to the great bridge. Then make your way towards town and kill all the trolls as you go. They drop a lot of blood vials. More than enough to refill you back to 20. You don't need to buy them. It's easy to farm.
>>
>>320542317
Completely agree.
It was fine in Demon's Souls because a lot of enemies no matter how far you are into the game drop grass, they even drop better and more grass later on compared to earlier in the game, a lot of them have a 100% drop rate, so you NEVER run out of healing items.
In Bloodborne only early game enemies drop vials and they drop 2 vials max, and they drop rate is like 50%.
>>
I'd rather have 5 rechargeable estus than 20 blood vials
>>
How are you running out of bullets or vials? They drop near constantly. Antidotes I could understand if you're not very good, but they still give you a pretty good chunk of em when you need em.
>>
OP here, summoned some other players and we gangbanged the beast. I don't really like being carried but fuck status effect bosses.
>>
OP throw some pungent cocktails in a corner, the boss will go to them.

If you have beast blood pellets pop one and do some trick-attacks and R2s to fill the meter while he's in the corner.
>>
>>320547517

ahh fuck didn't read this soon enough. Glad to hear you got through it though!
>>
>>320542317
Don't use vials until you feel comfortable against the bosses. There's no point in using them when you don't know what the fuck you're doing.
>>
Estus Flask was the best mechanic in all souls games
>>
>>320542317

>memeborne
>good

KEK
>>
>>320547517
Congratulations on ruining the experience.
>>
>>320542317
You can easily farm Blood Vials in the first area of the game.
>>
File: 1444889740313.gif (96 KB, 346x550) Image search: [Google]
1444889740313.gif
96 KB, 346x550
>>320543479
Pretty much this.
If you suck so much you can't even get the parry down cheese it with this.
>>
>>320548482
Beats farming
>>
>>320542317
Personally I prefer healing to not interrupt combat completely (you can move while using Blood Vials) and being able to gain heatlh back from attacking. I agree that a fixed healing resource like the Flask removes all possible grinding from the game for healing items, which is a good thing.

I completely disagree with the assertion that bosses and status effects don't mesh, however. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>320544203
You can go back to earlier areas anytime and buttrape enemies very easy since your character will be overleveled. Later enemies also drop healing items. I just beat Rom and next area is full of vial drops fags. I have 120 of them in stock.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.