[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
METAL SLUG 3: MISSION 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 18
File: gotta do this shit again.webm (3 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
gotta do this shit again.webm
3 MB, 604x448
It's that time again.

This time we'll be playing as Tarma. Here's the last boss done again as tarma rather than Eri. This strategy has become way easier the more I practice.
>>
what kind of fucking idiot decides to do whats basically a screenshot lets play on 4chan but with webms anonymously

how fucking lonely are you
>>
>>320542136
Nice to see you again OP
I was afraid I would miss your thread
>>
File: mission3p1.webm (3 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p1.webm
3 MB, 604x448
Be precious with your ammo here, don't spend it all shooting at nothing, it's really easy to do so.

>>320542250
I have you.
>>
File: mission3p2.webm (3 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p2.webm
3 MB, 604x448
I recommend not going down this tube here, since you'll miss out on some POWs otherwise and also because the path itself just isn't as exciting or cool.

This part where the tanks drop... If you're close enough to the left side of the screen you can just do what I do here and swim a bit to left to dodge them.

If you're right under them though don't be afraid to use a grenade to save yourself.
>>
Just upload a walkthrough on youtube
It won't take an eternity to get to the end and you'll see it buried under superior playthroughs sooner
>>
/v/ getting triggered by video games
>>
File: 1360605148928.jpg (5 KB, 268x240) Image search: [Google]
1360605148928.jpg
5 KB, 268x240
>>320542250
>I'm just here for le epig memes
Kill yourself, senpai
>>
>>320542250
>I'm incredibly jealous anonymous people online are going to be paying attention to you and not me

there, there, anon
we're all gonna make it
>>
File: mission3p3.webm (2 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p3.webm
2 MB, 604x448
We're taking best path here. It's easier and you get more POWs.

Wait for the tube to come down and cheese it. You can use more heavy machine gun ammo if you want here, no reason not to. You get more pretty soon.
>>
File: mission3p4.webm (3 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p4.webm
3 MB, 604x448
If you have a heavy machine gun on you already you'll get 150 more ammo if you grab another heavy machine gun.

If you don't have a heavy machine gun and pick one up you'll get one with 200 ammo.

Something to keep in mind.

Destroy the tank here first and foremost, these guys'll only chuck grenades at you, they won't just straight up shoot at you. (Unless you're close enough to them, then they'll slice your neck.)

Don't forget to use your grenades.
>>
File: mission3p5.webm (1 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p5.webm
1 MB, 604x448
Very important here especially. Otherwise this part is annoying.
>>
File: mission3p6.webm (2 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p6.webm
2 MB, 604x448
Just like before, shoot the tank first.

Don't bother with the soldiers behind you until this tank's gone. Please use your grenades.

After it's down the rest is very easy since the mooks here aren't armed with anything but grenades. They're very easy to dodge. Try not to stand too still here.
>>
File: mission3p7.webm (2 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p7.webm
2 MB, 604x448
Ostrich-slug is cool.

Once you've made your way to the next section you might want to take out the dudes firing heat-seaking rockets at you from above first.

Be careful not to go too far to the right of the screen here because of the soldiers that have figured out how to lay on their stomachs. Your straight-ahead fire won't be able to defeat them until they decide to chuck a grenade at you.

You could also have your ostrich-slug jump and shoot at them from above. Try and see what you can do here yourself.
>>
>>320544527
Smooth going there.
>>
File: mission3p8.webm (2 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p8.webm
2 MB, 604x448
After you've hopped your way over a few more platforms shoot towards the sky to take out the parachuting grunts here.

DON'T do what I do here. The rocketeer was very close to killing me. Chuck a grenade while rushing towards him instead. It's safer.

For extra safety try not shooting the shack ahead until you've destroyed the faggot dropping bombs here first.
>>
File: mission3p9.webm (2 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p9.webm
2 MB, 604x448
Once you've destroyed it, a tank will emerge and a couple of soldiers will keep spawning .

Don't be afraid to get off your ostrich to use your laser gun, it's not like you'll be keeping him.

Make sure to grab the bombs the tank drops.
>>
>>320542136
10/10 Nice
>>
File: mission3p10.webm (3 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p10.webm
3 MB, 604x448
This boss is kind of a push-over.

keep jumping and lobbing your grenades at his head. There's really no reason not to do this unless you're going for a higher score. In which case you should never pick up any other weapons since one pistol shot = one shotgun shot (second or most powerful weapon in the game. I forgot) in terms of points.

anyway. if you're lucky you won't get an enemy chaser dropped from the missles here. It's better to have a laser gun on you since that does the best job at getting rid of these.

But I'm going to have to just deal with it.

This part where he gets balls of flame to come at 'cha... You need to figure out the trajectory for them each time. It's random so be quick with finding out where you're going.

The safest spot here would be on the robot himself.
>>
>>320546323
>this boss is a pushover
I have a hard time with him whenever I play with my bro. The laser/missile routine always kills me at some point.
>>
>>320542136
Didn't realize that being a zombie makes that part of the boss much easier.
>>
File: metalslug3-12.png (47 KB, 304x224) Image search: [Google]
metalslug3-12.png
47 KB, 304x224
What's your strategy on this guy? It constantly fucks up my rhythm.
>>
File: mission3p11.webm (3 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p11.webm
3 MB, 604x448
If you're back to your pea-shooter you're going to have to try your best to shoot most of the heat-seekers down. It doesn't have to be all of them just don't think you'll be able to just dodge them all so easily.

With practice you'll come to learn the timing for his laser eyes attack and know when exactly you should jump to the left or right like I'm doing here. I don't know. My advice would be to git gud.

Sometimes more bombs will drop from the heat-seekers if you're lucky. It's all completely random. I fought this boss on LEVEL-8 once too and I don't think he changed much, minus a few of his attacks being faster and more health. Once you've learned his patterns he's very easy.

Keep shooting at his head and you're done.
>>
>>320546598
The puke laser is really OP.
>>
File: mission3p12.webm (2 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p12.webm
2 MB, 604x448
and here are all the POWs. I think this is the route with the most POWs. Pretty sure.
>>
>>320547153
go away
>>
>>320547153
Why so triggered?
>>
File: mission3p13.webm (1 MB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
mission3p13.webm
1 MB, 604x448
Mission complete.

I'm going to go and play through the game again for mission 4 right now.

>>320546972
Bring a flame shot or shot gun in with you and pray he doesn't do the golden attack. Let's see if I get lucky.
>>
you're pretty good at metal slug m8

which one is your favorite/least favorite and hardest/easiest?
>>
>>320542136
Nice.
>>
You know, I haven't followed this at all and didn't even know it was a thing until right now but who the fuck plays Metal Slug as anyone but Fio when Fio is an option?
>>
>>320547792
I always pick Marco, been that way since MS1 and there was only two options.
>>
>>320546323
I always saw this boss as a Robo-Ash Ketchum.
>>
>>320546993
Smooth as fuck. 10/10 would coop with.
>>
bump for sol dae rokker
>>
You're pretty good, m8.
>>
>>320547792
I like the way the announcer says Marco so I always pick him.
>>
OP must be having troubles. Sol Dae Rokker is one gigantic asshole.
>>
>>320542250

You can pretend you are OP if you want to.

;)
>>
Funny thing is that I bought the original Xbox version off ebay just afew hours ago.
>>
>>320547497
>Right now
>>
File: snowman fio a cute.webm (181 KB, 904x672) Image search: [Google]
snowman fio a cute.webm
181 KB, 904x672
Don't worry about it, guys. I'm making the webms right now.

gotta go a bit further into detail for this mission too.

let the thread die I'll make another in a bit.
>>
>>320553234
Fio a SHIT
a shit
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.