[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your preference?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: rscompare3.jpg (11 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
rscompare3.jpg
11 KB, 600x200
What was your preference?
>>
in between rs3 and rs2, before all the armour reworks
>>
About a year into rs2 was prime time to play. Eoc was the final shot for me to quit.
>>
Runescape 2, although carrying over some RS3 quests would be nice.
>>
>>320531643
This aint' open for discussion
>>
RS3 if you go on the lowest settings possible can somewhat look like RS2 but even then some places like the new wizard tower just outright disagree with the idea of looking simple and clean.

Was I the only person who actually like the simple paperdoll-like avatars?
>>
The current version of RS07 is the best version of RS.
>>
RS3 with lowest graphics, legacy interface, fixed window while skilling/ resize window while PVM / PVP , and revolution gameplay.

There is no other answer.
>>
Still playing Runescape 12 years later. Runescape 3 is better, the new quests are great, the amount of content packed in is unbelievable and the new combat system allows for complex PvM.

Anyone who says oldschool is better is either a nostalgia fag or lazy. Excluding pkers (which I have respect for as pvp is completely different in oldschool)

Even the people who bitch about combat have no excuse thanks to revolution.

Most people I know who play 07 are just shitters at RS3.
>>
Runescape 2/OS Runescape

Runescape 3, but only with the legacy HUD
>>
>>320533881
RS2 is gr8, but didn't they add Grand Exchange to RS07?
>>
>>320534589
>>320534589
>>320534589

This.

Oldschool style HUD, minimal graphics, but revolution style gameplay.

No need to use your hotkeys when everything automatically does it, and you hit higher in EOC combat anyway.

Plus EOC combat doesn't make you walk around like a fucking noodle without any bones.
>>
>>320534954
GE is honestly kind of needed. Old school trading had it's moments but spending hours spamming a message hoping someone with either buy your shit or scam you was a huge waste of time.
GE lets you throw your shit out there for trade and go off to do something more productive with your time, be it in game or away doing something else.
>>
>>320535346
This, anons complaining about it cutting away from player interaction don't know what they're talking about you still interact with people.
>>
What's the difference between Runescape Classic, Runescape 2, and Runescape 3?
>>
>>320536701
Until OSRS can maintain a player base as large as RS had nearly a decade ago, the GE can be argued as useless. Until then, they're aren't enough players to warrant only having the old trading system.
>>
>>320538498
*the GE can not be argued as useless
Sorry about that, I wasn't thinking.
>>
I only ever played RS1.

Is there anywhere I can play it again? Kinda have a nostalgia feel for it.
>>
>>320531643

Only played RS1, should I give 2 or 3 a shot?
>>
I quit when RS2 came out. Only came back in my first year of college and fished for a while. RS1 holds all of my memories.
>>
>>320538708

plenty of private servers available.

one of them even has an app for android phones. Yes, you can play runescape classic online, on android.
>>
RS2 in its prime > OSRS > Pre-EOC RS2 > RSC > dog shit > EOC > even more dogshit > RS3

There is no argument for this.

By pre-EOC RS2 I mean like months before they had made the update. With PVP and free trade back and questlines finally being continued it felt like the natural path Runescape should have been taking. Then EOC turned everything on its ass and ruined EVERYTHING.
>>
>>320531643
3 is shitty beyond all belief.

I take a 2 second gaze at RS3 and wonder..."how did they fuck up THIS bad?"
RS3 is a fucking travesty. 99% of the new things they implemented suck dick

Jagex meeting
>Hey guys, we feel that a lot of player weapons are unbalanced with each other. no one ever uses warhammers or shortswords! etc.
>should we make minor adjustments to the stats and maybe increase their speed to make them more viable?
>Nah let's fucking make them all the exact same. Oh and player strength no longer affects attack damage. Oh and str ammy? Ya it's a piece of shit now. Oh and armor literally gives you health.

And we WOW now btw
>>
They should just take RS2 and just give it the high detail graphics from 2008. It looked a lot better while keeping its art style. I just can't play RS2 anymore because of how fucking dated the graphics are.
>>
>>320539116
the meeting actually went more like
>hey we got bought out buy an american mobile phone game company
>and they want us to add more microtransactions
>and they hired us 400 new staff to make the new microtransactions
>also they're forcing us to copy wow

Allegedly there was a LOT of in-house turmoil among the original team regarding the buyout. I don't think anyone actually left but everyone was mad about nearly every change they were making, jagex and players included
>>
>>320539769
Dude...
That sucks
I knew Jagex was retarded but what they did to Runescape was beyond.
>>
>>320535346
>GE lets you throw your shit out there for trade and go off to do something

That's entirely why the GE is shit. It completely fucks with the economy.
>>
Deadman mode was pretty kicking but this late into the game it's extremely rare to find people to kill who don't have clans or friends backing them up.
>>
>>320540723

Thank god for adding ladders.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.