[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wear my sturdiest armor >It does nothing to protect me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: Hydra_001.jpg (44 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Hydra_001.jpg
44 KB, 620x349
>Wear my sturdiest armor
>It does nothing to protect me from pressured water anal rape
>Try to look at the projectiles general direction for strategical dodgind
>AoE is too great, get anal raped anyway
>Try to get cover behind some rock
>Nope, AoE still there
>Change attire to leather armor
>A bit better but not enough
>Try to stay just at the limit of the point where my character isn't slowed down by water
>It never triggers the head bash animation
>Try to get close and personal
>Fall in bottomless water
>Fuck it
>Strip naked
>Constantly run to the left
>Hardest part of the fight was hitting that single head left that kept bashing 20 yards away from me and retreated whenever I got close

It only took me two or three hours but I'm happy anons.
>>
>>320529048
Good job man, I'm proud. I looked up how to beat it like the faggot I am.
>>
Badly designed "boss".
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 325x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 325x297
Are you serious? All you have to do is get in his face. Dodging his slow headbutts are easy.
>>
>>320529048
Okey.
>>
>>320530462
Didn't even bother to dodge them, I had a good enough shield to tank them without damages.

Thoses water blasts fucked me up though.
>>
File: 1431488921671.png (133 KB, 808x637) Image search: [Google]
1431488921671.png
133 KB, 808x637
>iron ring that let you move easier in water
>Sturdy shield
Thats all you need. Rush straight into the water so the only thing itll do is the multi head smash. Bait out and tank the attack and attack the heads ones at a time. Heavy armor isnt needed. Hell I do it with the leather armor set and the grass crest shield. Its an easy ass boss anon. Still congrats
>>
>>320529048
>dodging and rolling water bolts
Next time just sprint towards him faggot
>>
Only thing that made this even remotely hard was the remaining couple heads attacking not even near you so you have to run over to them as fast as you can in order to hit them.
>>
>>320530841
>Thats all you need. Rush straight into the water so the only thing itll do is the multi head smash
Maybe I never really paid attention but the water attack looked like it was triggered regardless of range. Or maybe the head bashes were pushing me out of the water and into the zone triggering water attacks.
>>
File: image.png (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 600x600
>>320529048
>>
>>320531243
As soon as you're in the water he just slams his face into the ground like a retard. Going back on land might trigger his water cannons but its all about proximity
>>
File: image.png (574 KB, 637x964) Image search: [Google]
image.png
574 KB, 637x964
>>320531781
The Hydra has a sweet spot where no matter how many times he Rams his heads he will never hit you.
>>
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 800x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 800x1800
>>320529048
I dug this up just for you.

Well done anon.
>>
>>320531915
Yep, iirc its near the corpse with some item right in front of the tree where dusks summon sign appears later.
>>
>>320531781
This is clearly false, I was at least knee-deep in the water and slower than usual and half the time he was using the water attack.
>>
you know what would have been cool?

Say that the hydra in the Forest had much, much more health and damage output. However, once you take off one of it's heads, it retreats instead of dying.

The only way to kill it for real is to follow it down and meet it in Ash Lake, where it awaits you, minus one head, and very, very pissed off.
>>
>>320530462
>get in his face
>fall into the watery abyss
thanks anon
>>
>>320532175
G I T G U D
I
T
G
U
D
>>
>>320532353
>not knowing where the water's edge is
you don't have to try and get literally all up in his nuts, once you hit the water's edge, it's almost literally impossible for him to hit you with his magic spam
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 320x320
>>320532353
>not keeping an eye out for the pit edge
>>
>>320529048
I beat them by getting my highest poise armor.

The water I could just dodge, and I was able to block the Hydra's neck attacks head-on, and chop it up great.

Tough battle, that's for sure.
>>
>pick up havel's greatshield
>block that cunt to hell
>>
>>320532260
How would it get down the tree
>>
>>320532598
>using greatshields
>>
>>320532685
the lake in the forest would hypothetically go all the way down to ash lake (like a sinkhole), it would swim down by some path that you can't access
>>
>>320532020
Cute
>>
>>320532804
Then how would the lake not drain
>>
>>320532804
I could see what you mean but the whole world of Lordran is almost a world on top of another. Similar to Yddrassil.
>>
>>320532874
shit like this happens IRL, you know. Such lakes in reality are fed by rivers, like the gigantic waterfall that's in the forest
>>
>>320532874
Same way you can overflow a funnel: Pour water at an equal or greater amount that's falling out.
>Learn2Science faggot
>>
>>320532904
The way I always saw it, the world of DaS is layered like a baseball.

The outermost layer is the surface, and the ground beneath the surface. The surface is where the Ancient Dragons and their Archtrees lived, where the First Flame was discovered, and where the Lords built their kingdom.

Lordran is atop a mountain on the surface, Anor Londo is like Olympus.

The layer beneath that is Ash Lake. The surface and the underlying earth have their "bones" entangled in the treetops of Ash Lake. The lake is underneath everywhere in the world, since it's the foundations upon which the world rests. Places in which the Lords dug into the very roots of the "world," like Izalith and ToTG, can see the treetops of Ash Lake, because they managed to dig all the way down to where the surface meets the Lake.

The Dragon in Ash Lake managed to survive because the Lords didn't realize that there was an entire forest of archtrees that sits beneath the entire world, and so didn't think to extend their purge of fire and blade down that far.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 456x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 456x306
>>320533439
I could see what you mean. Considering in Dark Souls 3 we can arguably see the kiln of the first flame and dragons for that matter it stands to reason that they stayed down below long enough to nurse there wounds for a return. Either way seems the Age of Dark is here.
>>
>>320533780
>dragons make a return
I hope everyone here is hyped to fight the Very Very Very Very Old Dragonslayer and still not get his armor with it's plume
>>
>>320534052
Honestly I'm wondering what happened to the Serpents. They were missing during 2 but let's just say 2 doesn't exist since without Miyazaki they shat over the more. I certainly do hope we see them again even if it's a different form.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.