[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played this series. Is this a good one to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: file.png (3 MB, 1305x1500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1305x1500
I've never played this series. Is this a good one to start with? Or an older one?
>>
I only played IV:NP and loved it

do get nightmare princess instead though, it fixes a few dumb things that were missing in the localization, on top of a whole lot of extra content (the entire content of blood ties is in it, save for its trophy set)
>>
>>320525012
I saw Nightmare Princess, don't have a PS4 yet but will get one in 2016. Is it a different game or like EDF 4.1 where it's an enhanced version of the last one?
>>
>>320525139
Nightmare princess is on Vita+PS3+PS4, you don't need a PS4

It's the same game, just with an extra mode

in the main menu you can select between Blood Ties' story/mission mode, or NP's Quest Mode
>>
>>320525308
Oh ok, well I'll probably wait and get it on PS4 so I have more shit to play on it.
>>
>>320525386
yeah, played it on PS4 myself -- runs well and everything

if you care for trophies, be prepared for a literal nightmare though
>>
>>320525569
60FPS?
>>
File: 1429881822170.jpg (196 KB, 450x426) Image search: [Google]
1429881822170.jpg
196 KB, 450x426
>>320524830
>Finally get a PS3
>This game is one of the reasons why I got one
>Waiting for it to go on sale
>It goes on sale
>It's the fucking Vita version

FUCK YOU
>>
>>320525861
no idea, honestly didn't pay attention to that

think biggest improvement is loading times
>>
>>320525998
hey buddy, think you missed the previous sale before that for PS4
>>
I made the mistake of seeing the mobile game KT put out for deception, it's just the worst and I think an 18+ game.
>>
>>320525569
>trophies
>get 46000ARK using only long range hits (quest failed if anything is not long range)
>do a devil's face combo and finish with exact 1 damage by stomping
>weaken 3 different enemy with different health and throw them simultaneously in the blast furnace in less than 60 seconds
>armor break 2 dudes and throw them on the same timed roller coaster within 1 combo without killing them
>hit enemy with 3 particular trap and finish them off with some fucking wandering crocodile that may not be there at the right time if you didn't time it right
>have to deal with enemies that can use traps on you as well, and sometime throw you in a combo
>this shit continues for 100 quests
was pretty satisfying when finally got it though
>>
>>320526718
at least got to sodomize school girls
>>
I had a good time for a few hours but eventually dropped it. It just gets a little stale once you've seen everything.
>>
>>320527039
more fun if you're willing to do challenges, which need planning and experimentation

otherwise you can just get away doing the same thing over and over
>>
>>320527339
.. after 100% I had 128 hours on it (blood ties + nightmare princess combined), was a pretty fun ride
>>
>>320526935
and have your revenge as one
>>
Is Nightmare Princess worth buying if I already have the regular version?
>>
>>320529842
if you're interested in a truckload of challenges plus a bit of nostalgia of older deception games (if played them)

if you're the kind that find the challenges too tedious and just wanted to have a little fun with the traps -- then original is more than enough, you likely will drop it after completing story anyway
>>
>>320530117

Are challenges like the puzzle mode? Because I always thought the whole game should be just 300 puzzle mode levels and nothing else.
>>
>>320530228
no idea about puzzle mode, but a lot of them mostly had me stopping at the trap selection screen planning how the fuck I was going to do this and calculating the combo I was going to do in my head (sometime even bringing out a calculator for exact damage)

then hoping I wouldn't fuck up the timing

and the ninjas would fuck off while I'm trying to focus
>>
>>320530506
the long range combo mentioned in
>>320526718
even had me bounce a boulder across the area so it'd count as "long range" and move the target between obstacles so I could pull him to another location

this stuff was starting to give me headaches
>>
>>320524830
Strange cover.
Is a new design?
>>
File: 506345_front.jpg (141 KB, 478x600) Image search: [Google]
506345_front.jpg
141 KB, 478x600
>>320532919
What's strange about it? It's always been that, in all regions (jp as well)

or are you confusing with Nightmare Princess expanded version?
>>
>>320532919
I meant the ps3 logo
>>
Wait so NP has blood ties in it?
>>
>>320533405
same as usual since they've dropped the spiderman "playstation 3", except they used a blue label instead of black in this case (blue seem to be becoming the norm for all PS games)

>>320533479
yes, all the content is there

there is literally no reason to get the original except if you want its story set (NP has different trophies -- you don't get any trophies for doing blood ties stuff)
>>
>>320533784
>story set
err, meant trophy set
>>
>>320533784
I see thanks.
I was waiting for blood ties to go on sale again since i thought they were separate.
>>
I thought they stopped making these games after the shitfest of III
>>
>>320533993
iI the main menu of NP you'll see a "Blood Ties" option which leads to its story mode and 100 missions, this is same as BT except for having access to a few extra traps and being able to see weaknesses (that was missing in the BT localization, actually a bug needing you to lookup FAQs and shit)

and a "Nightmare Princess" option which leads to the 100 quest-mode quests (which also include extra story, which imo I found more interesting)
>>
I'm surprised the first one hasn't gone on sale with NP
>>
Would you recommend this one for someone who enjoyed 2 a lot but couldn't really get into 3 or 4?
>>
>>320534557
why? there's really no reason to get original

NP is vita+ps3+ps4 and has the same content plus more

it's like wanting to get Soul Sacrifice instead of SS Delta
>>
>>320526718
>get Millennia as playable
>she can only set 3 traps at once
>game wants you to do 12-15 combo strings anyway using her for score, all while evading assholes that throw shit as you
>go on youtube for help
>the only examples were from scrubs that ignored S rank and challenges
>>
>>320534404
There was an off-title one on the PS2 named Trapt. It wasn't that bad, although the special full-room traps were kind of overpowered.
>>
File: 2015-12-03-043544.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03-043544.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
I think it's the first game I actually seen the line used despite how cliche it's supposed to be
>>
gym and hospital were best areas
>>
so if I want to get this for psvita what is the best version? is it nightmare princess?
>>
>>320536623
Nightmare Princess is same game with more content, so yes. I didn't try Vita versions but I haven't heard anything bad about either, should run the same if not better.
>>
Its a good game. Very different. Surprisingly dark. Like I knew earlier tecmo deception games had a reputation for being dark. I thought that becaus they changed the art style they were gonna soften up a bit, go for dark humor or have a few winks and nods-- "like hey we want a wider audience" but it's kinda like...

I'm playing the game and yep, I'm a villain and I feel terrible for doing most of the stuff I had to do.

It's a fun game. but get some of the timing of the traps down can be a bit annoying. Story has branching paths. Overall, good game.
>>
Honestly though
>>
>>320539056
shame most of the people you kill were already half-insane and murderers that were just after more power

did have the few odd innocent that wandered in, shame for them they take too long to realize they should probably run than try to hit you with a stick
>>
Blood Ties/Nightmare Princess is the best game in the series, and it's fine to start with. They're all largely self-contained.

>>320534742
That depends a bit on what you disliked about 3 and 4/Trapt. Deception 2 still has the best plot in the series and does the best job of handling multiple storyline branches and such.

Blood Ties/Nightmare Princess improves the gameplay considerably in several areas and is generally much faster paced than the previous games. It also has a better protagonist than 3 or Trapt: Laegrinna isn't some distraught damsel in distress that happens to end up killing a lot of people. She has goals that she's actively pursuing and she isn't afraid to annihilate anything that gets in her way.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.