[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do /v/? I originally wanted to upgrade my PC, but now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: ps4_fw19.1920[1].jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ps4_fw19.1920[1].jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
What do I do /v/?
I originally wanted to upgrade my PC, but now I'm tempted to go for Bloodborne: 350$ Edition.
>>
>>320504995
Upgrade your PC, you goof.
Why the fuck would you pay over 300 for ONE game, that runs at sub-30fps, most of the other titles being shitty 900p multiplat crap in general? Not to mention goddamn paid online features.
>>
>>320505543
But Bloodborne.
And to be honest I'd be only really purchasing a new toy anyway, I don't really need to replace my 4670k.
>>
>>320505664
>but Bloodborne
mediocre and overhyped DaS clone. Unless you REALLY love the -Souls games, don't bother.

>I don't really need to replace my 4670k
yeah, you really don't. If you must upgrade something, make it your GPU, and even think it through, as the DX12 cards are coming out next year.

if you must have a toy, get a cheap PS3 + Demon's Souls + MGS Legacy Collection.
>>
>>320505840
>make it your GPU, and even think it through, as the DX12 cards are coming out next year.
I have a 970, bought it 10/2014. No point upgrading now when Pascal/Arctic Islands are half a year away.

>if you must have a toy, get a cheap PS3 + Demon's Souls + MGS Legacy Collection.
Already have one. Not really interested in MGS either.

Looks like I'm just gonna save up some more cash then.
>>
>>320506120
Attaboy.
Keep your cash, and invest it well next year.
>>
>>320504995
>I originally wanted to upgrade my PC

Buy a cheap mid end card like GTX 960. It will pretty much play everything decently. Don't fall for the 4k / 120 fps meme. Then save money for a PS4.
>>
>>320506261
>Buy a cheap mid end card like GTX 960
Way ahead of you.
>>
I hate this "PC gaming is good meme"

PC gaming needs to be destroyed. It is a cancerous abomination. PCs are for work and browsing the internet. Blu-Ray players are for movies. iPods are for music. Consoles are for games.

Let's examine the PC "gaming" experience"
>Sit at a desk (yes, like an office desk) to play games
>Face is two feet away from a 20-30" monitor rather than 10 feet from an 80" screen
>Uses a literal keyboard to play games (yep, like the same thing used to write documents)
>Constantly complain about graphics rather than being immersed in the game
>Needs 60fps then 120fps, then 144fps
>Needs 1080p then 1440p then 4k
>Decides how they want the game to look rather than letting the artist do it ("excuse me chef, I want my steak served with peanut butter please")
>Deal with Windows operating system on a daily basis
>Rampant piracy
>Tend to be obnoxious and entitled assholes

The thing is, you can't disprove any of this. You KNOW it's true. And that's why PC gaming needs to be shot in the head like a diseased animal. Gaming was best when PCs were quarantined as the platformer for shitting "machur" games. Now they've infected the rest of gaming and ruined it.
>>
>>320504995
Why don't you just ask a friend who owns a PS4 if you can play Bloodborne: Game of the Year Edition on it?
>>
I really liked bloodborne. Only game in the past five years I've played through twice. I'm also excited for the stupid shit coming to ps4.

Am I biased because my toaster can only run maybe 25 percent of my steam library? Maybe. But still I'd say if you just want a new toy go for ps4
>>
>>320506420
Thx for the bump
>>
You said you don't really need new parts and are really interested in Bloodborne. Sounds like you've already made your decision.

And while the PS4 remains a shitfest for now, it'll get tons of promising games, so there's that.
>>
>>320507039
>And while the PS4 remains a shitfest for now

How so?
>>
>>320507095
Little beyond inferior multiplats. Consoles used to have lots of exclusives and that made them worth owning, even if you had a PC already. PS4/Xbone have dick for exclusives and force paid online.
>>
>>320506420
Anon it's great you came to this thread just to shitpost. Thank you for your invaluable contribution.
With your work here done you're now free to spread the gospel elsewhere.

>>320506528
I'm from PCLand, not many people have consoles here, none of my friends have a PS4.
>>
Don't forget the ps4 has The Last Guardian and Persona 5 which aren't available on pc. Go with the ps4. I don't even work for sony.
>>
>>320508428
I don't care for either.
>>
>tfw i want a ps4 even though i know damn well id never use it

Oh well, ill make sure to pick up enough games during the holiday steam sales to tide me over for another year.

Do you need ps+ to use hulu and netflix?
>>
>>320506284

so am I wrong ? people say that the PS4 has only one game BUT the PC also has only Witcher 3 as a graphical showcase for a high eng GPU.
>>
>>320504995
If I could find a ps4 for 300$ including bloodbourne, I'd do it
Help me /v/
>>
>>320505840
> obviously doesn't own ps4
> mediocre and overhyped DaS clone

nice informed opinion you got there.
>>
>>320509464
Graphics arent the only thing you need to think about for gpus. Number of monitors and resolution count.
I cant run a triple monitor setup with a 960 no matter how bad the graphics are.
How good a game looks and how demanding it is hardware wise can be two different things.
>>
>>320505840
leave him buy a playstation what do you care?
>>
>>320508616
yes you do
>>
>>320504995
i think dark souls is an alright game, i can see why it gets praise. it is a pretty good game and the series itself is pretty consistent. but 300 dollars good? be real, you faggots aren't going to play something as tedious and monotonous as bloodborne for longer than 3 hours.

>oh no, i was hit haha time to go all the way back to the campfire to heal until i can make it to the next campfire without getting hit and do the same thing over and over again until the end isnt this fun
so far i haven't died once. maybe im just making the game boring on my own, but how the fuck can i resist the temptation of running all the way back to fucking heal when the option is there?
>>
>>320505664
It's weaker than the Souls games, plus there's pretty strong hints at the PC release of the game once all the DLC is out.
>>
File: 1449201903345.jpg (886 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1449201903345.jpg
886 KB, 1600x900
>>320511337
HAHAHAAHA
OH MY FUCK
HAHAHA
THIS FUCKING KEK
NEVER EVER
link the source you autistic neckbeard!! Do it!
>>
>>320511494
Jesus christ, how autistic are you to splurg out that hard, you meme spouting faggot?
>>
>>320511494
I don't care about this shit since I'm still playing through DS1 but, yes recent steam leak leaked bloodborne coming to PC.

It's not like From software have a history of releasing everything on pc or anything b-baka

But whatever, keep on being an autistic fanboi desperately clinging to your console since you don't have any money for anything else and feel like you have to defend it.
>>
>>320506420
hey children, this is how autism looks like.
>>
File: bb.png (395 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
395 KB, 800x450
>>320504995
Wait for the complete edition.
>>
>>320512157
You mean the PC edition.
>>
Get a PS4.
>>
$350 to play Bloodborne. Not worth it. Unless you have other games in mind, which are probably on PC anyway and won't run like ass.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.