[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get the original version or Enhanced?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Baldur's_Gate_box.png (385 KB, 407x494) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_box.png
385 KB, 407x494
Should I get the original version or Enhanced?
>>
>>320493813
Original with mods.
>>
>>320493813
Enhanced so you don't have to bother with mods.
>>
>>320493813
enhanced looks better and his updated models although I think the females in the original wear a one-piece bikini when they don't have any armour on.
>>
File: siege-of-dragonspear-790x399.jpg (66 KB, 790x399) Image search: [Google]
siege-of-dragonspear-790x399.jpg
66 KB, 790x399
>>320493813
At this point enhanced because it has QoL improvements you can't mod in. And BG1EE wasn't hit badly with OCDONUTSTEEL additions like BG2EE was. And you need EE for the upcoming Siege of Dragonspear expansion.
>>
>>320493813
enhanced for the original, just try your hardest to ignore the added characters
original with mods for 2
>>
>>320494147
Will there ever be Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition?
>>
>>320494187
which are the added characters? i never played original
>>
>>320494224
Unlikely. People have been clamoring for IWD2 more but that uses 3E, sort of.
>>
>>320494147
>OCDONUTSTEEL
wut
>>
>>320494576
Are you thick?
>Original Content Do Not Steal
>>
>>320494275
dont worry, just play the game.
>>
EE is fine and this is coming from a nerd who has the original games on 6 CDs or whatever the fuck. EEs are patched quite a bit now so they're worth it.
>>
>>320494726
No, I understood what he meant, I just haven't played EE. What was added?
>>
File: screen10.jpg (533 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screen10.jpg
533 KB, 1920x1080
>>320494147
>entire new expansion
>from people that brought us BG2EE new characters

Oh fuck, this is a trainwreck in the making, isn't it?
>>
>>320494954
Thanks family
>>
>>320494978
Special snowflake party members on par with COLDSTEEL THE HEDGEHOG.
>>
>>320493813
Eh, EE works fine. People whine about EE because of the characters, which is understandable, but it's not like you have to have the extra characters in your party.

Just check prices and the differences and also keep mods in mind.

Speaking of Baldurs Gate, how the fuck did anyone beat Sarevok without cheesing it? I mean, he has a fucking archer guy that shoots fricking fireball arrows, three other guys from what I remember and himself with haste.

What did you do to beat him and his party without cheesing it by drawing them out one by one?
>>
>>320495359
I think when it came out most people used wands of monster summoning and Cloudkill and whatnot. I think most of his goons would die from the AoE spells and then you could just focus on Sarevok.
>>
>play tag with Imoen
>she giggles and runs away
>she stumbles on tree roots in middle of forest clearing
>catch her and lay on top
>hold her on ground
>look in her eyes
>kiss
>tongue kiss
>ahhh

did you do it?
>>
>>320493813
Enhanced all the way. Ignore the "just get the original and the mods" memers. It's a pain in the ass to run this game on a modern system since the original's engine aged like milk. Even if you install mods, chances are you're gonna get even more graphical glitches and crashes that a part of the userbase experiences while the other part says it's all fine.
>>
>>320495359
I fired a dispel magic at him and ran the fuck out of the temple, buffed up and then just Sarevok came out with his haste dispelled.
>>
>>320494995
>Health bars and journal popups

Those better be removable.
>>
>>320498253
Bars are, don't know about journal pop-ups.
>>
Enhanced, but it breaks BG1 a little by adding some BG2 stuff like familiars.
>>
>>320496103
Is wincest mod for ToB out?
>>
>>320495332
Considering BG2 is high-level D&D, the characters kind of should be somewhat donutsteels. They become practically demigods during the events of the game.
>>
>>320498489
I don't think author is modding BG2 anymore
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.