[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up /v/ ? I'm running a gtx770ti on a amd fx6300.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: E3_MP_03_WM.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
E3_MP_03_WM.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
What's up /v/ ?

I'm running a gtx770ti on a amd fx6300. Should i upgrade my cpu or is it not worth it.

And which cpu should i get. Feels like the current bottlenecks my cpu.

Overclocked to 4ghz but doesn't feel any different.
>>
>>320475110
770ti? You sure about that anon?
>>
File: 1438174037604.jpg (133 KB, 634x900) Image search: [Google]
1438174037604.jpg
133 KB, 634x900
Switch from AMD to intel processing.

You'll finally be able to emulate.

Was super worth it for me.
>>
>>320476027
This.
After you get i5 (any of them), you really don't need to worry about the CPU for another decade at best.
>>
It depends what you play. Do you need to upgrade for more frames? If yes, then upgrade. If not then fuck off.
>>
PC user myself. I don't want to buy PS4 and certainly not the new xbox.

Are there at least 10 good games that make good use of a strong graphics card?

I can only think of Witcher 3.
>>
>>320476027
I have the same CPU as OP. Is all you need a new motherboard?
>>
>>320476605
Most emulation, especially Dolphin, is built around Intel processing.

It let me run xenoblade smoothly. No, it wasnt the motherboard.
>>
>>320476385
just about all these.

Witcher 2 is still more demanding than 3 to max up, and every single Crysis title still works as a benchmarking tool for PCs.

And if you're into simulators, then you have a whole new world of games to try and test your GPU with. Arma 3 is a good example.

I've personally only ever bought a mid-tier GPUs (6600GT, 8800GT, 560Ti), and they've been enough for my needs.
>>
>>320476385
the problem is cards that have been out for years are more than capable of running nearly any game currently released. developers are just lazy shits and the engines are terrible, so it's hard to really say.
>>
>>320476717
You're not going to get a good responce from the "If if doesnt have a story its not a real game" console crowd.
They dont seem to understand games that are fun for being games.
>>
>>320476385
Any game starts making good use of a strong GPU once you want to go past 1080p, use some AA + higher settings, and still maintain 60fps (or more).

>>320476879
Funny, considering there's easily more story-driven games on PC than on any console. Are they all graphics showcases? Nope, but that's not the point.
>>
File: giphy.gif (994 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
994 KB, 400x300
>>320475110

Install AMD system monitor and check to see if you're getting 100% use out of your CPU. If no, then it's your GPU.

Also, it's not your fucking CPU. The FX-6300 is pretty "okay", but you're not going to get anything that's much better unless you drop stupid amounts of money. If you "upgraded", you'd essentially be buying the same component.

Your GPU is decent, though, so I'd invest in a water cooling system for your CPU or something. Either a full set, or a "solution", the h100i from Corsair.
>>
>>320476689
Nah, I meant to change to Intel I'm also gonna need a new motherboard was what I was asking, but I suppose it's an obvious question.
>>
>>320477151
Okay will consider this ty anon
>>
>>320476861
I meant running them max or close to (i.e turning off unnecessary features like hairworks in witcher 3) at 1080p at about 60 fps.

>>320476717
Thanks
>>
Just wait for Zen.
>>
>>320476717
Most of those games don't need a good graphic card to run VH settings. And some of those games are not good like Rome 2.
>>
>>320477151
There's no point in a high end water cooler like the H100i if you aren't overclocking an actually power hungry CPU like a 4790K, and it's even dumber PAYING MORE FOR A CPU COOLER THAN WHAT THE CPU IS WORTH.

Get a Hyper 212 Evo if you're currently running a stock cooler.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.