[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video games are for losers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 16
File: 12331.jpg (75 KB, 600x693) Image search: [Google]
12331.jpg
75 KB, 600x693
Are video games for losers? Are the majority of gamers outcasts in real life?

I play video games and they consume a lot of my time. I have zero friends, I'm not successful, I'm not good at anything and I don't really have other hobbies, I'm not in any relationships. I'm definitely a loser.

Thing is, I've used /v/ for a long time and a lot of people here are like me (not all, but a lot) the same goes for other gaming forums/sites I use. I just notice that almost everyone that uses them is a loser like myself. And almost everyone has some type of mental issue. Even if I go out to a store, when I go by the electronics, I see the loser type looking at video games. And I don't mean fat or ugly, this isn't the case, I don't that's part of being a loser. But they have a sad look on their face or are dressed a certain way.

I think maybe the jocks and bullies at school were right. Gamers are a bunch of losers and outcasts, destined to be alone and suffer from a lot of issues. I bet almost all you guys are introverts.
>>
File: disnigga.gif (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.gif
16 KB, 200x200
Who cares? If you like video games then play video games
>>
Pretty much anything that isn't popular is for losers. The whole reason you go looking for them is that you don't fit in with what's popular.
>>
I rent an apartment with my gf. I work and i play video games. I also own a car and drive it.

I still consider myself to be a loser.
>>
pretty much, I'm a fucking wreck
>>
File: check em.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
check em.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>320462876
People who can't get check this are losers
>>
File: 1396371907697.gif (1 MB, 250x195) Image search: [Google]
1396371907697.gif
1 MB, 250x195
>Try to be normie
>Don't enjoy having a gf or anything
>Become a pretty much shut in, jerking off to hentai by choice. Don't go out besides work and school much
>mfw happy as fuck alone with my beard in PJs right now and about to make a new class in AA2
>>
I don't think people are losers because they play video games. More like people play video games to get away from the fact that their losers.
Same thing with drugs and alcohol.
>>
File: 1442177614102.jpg (66 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
1442177614102.jpg
66 KB, 900x719
>>320462876
everyone is an outcast anyway

the people who are 'successful' either share their wife with everyone, get into crushing debt, or are addicted to hard drugs

if anything, the losers who play games with a dead end life are slightly better off
>>
>>320463149
Until such a time that the non-losers find your loser hobbies entertaining.

Which happens all the time apparently. Video games and anime are now so mainstream there people who support censorship for them.
>>
>>320463379
>beard
Kill yourself
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (2 MB, 1276x1141) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
2 MB, 1276x1141
>>320462876
Is this it? Is the whole "games are cool" and wannabe gamer trend finally over? Are video games going to be shunned by mainstream culture again? Will they go back to being made fun of and ridiculed? Have we finally come full circle? Will we have another 90's tier golden age where only a small and secluded minority played games and enjoyed them without attention or intervention from the outside world? Please let games be uncool again. Please let the term "gamer" just die out and be replaced with "loser" or "nerd". Everyone just needs to fuck off out of video games forever and let the people who know what they're doing come back. Soon we will have our vidya back. Soon. I say we keep acting like buttmad elitist virgins and harass women so bad that they have no choice but to label us all anti social misogynists and losers. They will in turn try to make games "uncool" anymore and every normalfag will follow suit. This is it /v/ this is how we save vidya.
>>
File: DoIt.jpg (71 KB, 689x708) Image search: [Google]
DoIt.jpg
71 KB, 689x708
>>320463220
Move out the way loser and check this five.
>>
>>320463438
I guess it's not much of a beard, it's more just unkempt stubble.
What the fuck is your problem shitface?
>>
>>320462876
You can't blame all you life problems on video game, many of the problems you listed are a result of the decisions you make. Consume a lot of your time? Learn time management. Zero friends? Go socialize (easier if you're in uni/highschool) with other people who play vidya.

I think it's kinda ridiculous that you think "Gamers" are outcasts. Almost every normie and their mom play games today.
>>
File: 0.jpg (73 KB, 847x640) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
73 KB, 847x640
>>
>>320463513
>Has a beard.
>Calls others shitface.

lmayo
>>
>>320463625
>Being this mad about the fact you can't grow facial hair
lol?
>>
File: the game of checkers.gif (1 MB, 916x544) Image search: [Google]
the game of checkers.gif
1 MB, 916x544
>>
I'm in my mid twenties, working full time as a sysadmin making bank and enjoying the fuck out of my life.

But frequently when I hang out with people or go out for drinks, or even bring it up in the workplace, people seem to associate "videogames" with a negative connotation.
>>
>>320462876

Get a life huh?
*Cracks an evil smile*
How about I take yours?
>>
>>320463429
And once they stop being for losers, they stop being good.
>>
>>320463709
>implying I don't shave because I'm not a fucking animal
>>
>>320463220
looks like you dropped your 8 buddy, no worries i've got 4 of them right here
>>
>>320463453
>it will all be indie again

That or it's indie vs Ninty. If your senario die expect Sony and Microdick to follow suit and leave because there's only loose changes and pennies to be had from a minority.
>>
File: patrick.jpg (16 KB, 380x300) Image search: [Google]
patrick.jpg
16 KB, 380x300
>mfw I get a 9
>>
>>320463796
Almost true. There are nice games around even we are all drowning in a sea of casualness.
>>
I have no friends but got a great degree, job and gf. I-m an introvert but quite good looking.
Pretty much all the hotshits from high school do normie shit and have dead end jobs and had kids before 30, top kek.
So you can be a weirdo and successful, I-d even say it-s a requirement in many cases, you-re just a faggot OP.
>>
>>320463828
Where are the other 3?
>>
File: 1442887923798.gif (492 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1442887923798.gif
492 KB, 460x345
>>320462876
Do any of you actively try to change peoples perceptions of things you like? 5
>>
F0ck you guys.
>>
Yep, gaming is a hobby generally undertaken by outcasts, probably due to having zero barriers to entry socially. But in recent years the market has changed to be heared more towards the general public, for better or worse, and is becoming more socially normal.
>>
File: 1447625583507.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447625583507.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>320463916
I've got your 9 buddy.
>>
>>
>>320464800
>>
>>320463428
>if anything, the losers who play games with a dead end life are slightly better off
NEET with unemployed father here, we play games all day, every day. Reality is rigged and/or shitty. Escapism isn't. Simple as that. I mean maybe I don't have any excuses, but dad was a hardcore soldier who fucked bitches and killed commies, and even he hates leaving the house to so much as buy groceries.

No matter how much money and power I have on Earth, I'll never be a dwarven druid. I just won't. Can't happen. My material needs are completely accounted for. I'm not hungry, cold or wanting. But uh, what's the point of winning the game of life, if you're uninterested in the rewards. You'd have to care what other people think of you. Which, you know, I don't even like people.
>>
File: 1446819303096.jpg (127 KB, 600x805) Image search: [Google]
1446819303096.jpg
127 KB, 600x805
>>320462876
>tfw the gamers in school were the cool guys together with football and car dudes
get on my level faggot
>>
Most people are stunted in a different way based on their hobbies. Games just tend to have social issues as their greatest. Much like sports and anger issues.
>>
Never seen this myself 2bh, at worst video games are seen as childish where I live, but only then by old people who are out of touch. Growing up everyone played games and even now as adults people don't seem to have a problem admitting to playing them. That's not to say I'm not a loser, but then ultimately like most people I was never going to be anything other than an average pleb and a wage slave. I think I turned to vidya and the neet lifestyle once I hit my twenties and the horrifying reality of my future kicked in. Fantasy and escapism is preferable to the grinding 9 to 5 for 50 long years.
>>
File: maxlucado youarespecial.jpg (14 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
maxlucado youarespecial.jpg
14 KB, 236x314
I'm better educated than a lot of people, honestly, and I am planning on transferring to a 4-year, after I finish my as.
A lot of grown ass men that I know who have plenty of success are completely inept with things that are easy for me. I'm lucky if I can find another adult in my neighborhood who can handle basic fucking arithmetic, let alone calculus or calc-based physics, and my class mates in my humanities courses think intro stats and calc I are difficult.

I don't think I'm a loser. I might feel like one at times. I might fumble, choke, or outright fail, but I do it in the end all the same.

You guys call spend too much time calling yourselves sorry names.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.