[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
former console peasant here >PlayStation 1 through 3 >Used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: master race 1.png (2 MB, 8000x4500) Image search: [Google]
master race 1.png
2 MB, 8000x4500
former console peasant here
>PlayStation 1 through 3
>Used to have a Wii

Just joined the PC master race today
>gaming PC through the mail
>hooked up and running
>Steam downloaded

now what do i do?

my Steam username is AidNPierce
do friends matter? are there any free games to get me started? when will the next sale be so i can load up?
>help me adjust to being a member of the master race
>>
>>320458735

I think the board you are looking for is on Reddit.
>>
nest sale is dec 22nd on steam

bundles at humble bundle and other places

free games can be found through the steam client by going to the "free to play" section

friends aren't all that important, but its nice to have people on your list
>>
>>320459019

on PS3, I'm used to having friends I meet through games, then adding them to play together. do steam games work the same way, or do you have in-game friend lists instead?

>>320458885
go fuck yourself. i'd rather eat a big bowl of flaming shit than go on reddit
>>
>>320459019

also, for steam sales, are most/all games discounted somewhat, or are there certain types that will go on sale?
>don't want to load up on games a week before a sale, but if it won't be, i might as well get it now
>>
File: Pkuk.png (397 KB, 978x972) Image search: [Google]
Pkuk.png
397 KB, 978x972
>>320459316

But that's the only place for people who unironically self-identify as the masterrace.
>>
>>320459901

>unironically

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
>>
>>320458735
>Steam username is AidNPierce
Did you honestly love watch dogs that much that you made your steam name after the MC?
>>
>>320461727

my traditional username was taken

i use AidNPierce as a username elsewhere. i made a social media account right after i got the game, and wanted something pertinent, and i thought that was clever. so i've used it a couple times since

what's yours? gaycocksucker420?
>>
>>320459316
Some games have weird in game friends lists but for the most part you use steam's overlay to manage and add people like you use PSN.
>>
>>320462118
You can change your username from your profile page to whatever you want by the way, you don't have to have numbers in it or anything. You'll still have to use AidNPierce to log in though.
>>
PC and Playstation is the true master mixed racial status
>>
>>320462397

works for me. if you select a new name, does it have to be available, or can multiple people use the same one?
>>
>>320462678
Multiple people can have the same one, you can have whatever name you want.
>>
>>320458735
>are there any free games to get me started?
Most F2P games are garbage. But if you like Diablo II, Path of Exile is pretty good.
>>
>what do I do?
>do friends matter?
You console fags really ARE terrible
>>
>>320458735
Master race is idort dumbass.
>>
>>320460306
You seem to really have done your research.
>>
>>320458735
Oh, I get it. The next lever is may your wallets be low and our prices high.
>>
>>320458735
Sale is on the 22nd.

Till then some solid F2P titles: TF2, Path of exile, Warframe, Dirty bomb, Planetside 2, Mech Warrior Online, No more room in hell, Tribes: Ascend.

Some of these require you to create separate accounts for their game. I think it's Warframe, tribes, MWO, planetside 2 and maybe pah of exile.

They're all pretty good though.
>>
>>320463909
Also war thunder if he's autistic
>>
>steam is pc gaming
love this meme
>>
>>320464512

i know there are other stuffs out there

>fuck origin, fuck battlefield hardline, fuck them bitches

>also know there are others, just not important
>>
>>320464683
just pirate everything, lmao
>>
>>320464683

Gog had 1.5 million witcher 3 sales over 500k on steam

It's literally cutting into steam
>>
>>320465232
Seriously? That's really good news honestly. I'm not unhappy with steam or anything but I don't like that they're market share is so ridiculously high. Any competition to them is welcome just so they don't decide to shit themselves up at random.
>>
play DOOM
>>
>>320458735
Go to kickass torrents and download free games. Uninstall steam.
>>
>>320458735
>didn't assemble your own pc
you're not master race. you're still a peasant.

>>320463146
how to spot a neo /v/ post

good goy
>>
File: 388.png (224 KB, 711x878) Image search: [Google]
388.png
224 KB, 711x878
>>320465989
DOOM is one of the most demanding titles ever created and I can run it at roughly 30 FPS at max render. Feels good, man.
>>
fuck off back to reddit tbqh family.
>>
>>320458735
Add me everyone.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/2010102/
>>
>>320467182

when i had a roommate, i used PeerBlock, and he still got a DMCA notice. Don't care enough to pay for a proxy server (and don't want a slow-ass free server). Now that I have my own place, I'd rather not get my own self in trouble
>>
>>320462450
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>320469342

"Could not invite Rainbow /\ Trading Knife /\. Their friends list is full."

>MLP

>faggot
>>
>>320465776
GoG is mostly all old stuff, you wont find any new big name titles on it besides The Witcher
>>
File: bugs.jpg (27 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
bugs.jpg
27 KB, 387x461
>>320458735
>former console peasant here
>Just joined the PC master race today
Are you fucking 12 or some shit
get the fuck back to reddit with those memes
>>
>>320472024

>memes
>reddit

sounds like you're the 12 year old
>>
File: 1449708689757.jpg (4 MB, 4916x4339) Image search: [Google]
1449708689757.jpg
4 MB, 4916x4339
I wouldnt rule out console gaming entirely because its getting some neat games op
>>
File: gaben.jpg (115 KB, 800x1086) Image search: [Google]
gaben.jpg
115 KB, 800x1086
>>320458735
Learn about bundles outside of steam
Learn how to jew cards/objects (first you need to level your steam profile to 8, if i recall correctly, so gaben lets you jew)
Engage in the gamekey trading comunity
Buy games from steam on sale, only using gabenbucks from steps above

By the way, install emulators, enjoy 1080p wii
>>
>>320473162
i was considering getting a PS4, but there was no real motivation
>i didn't want to rebuy the games i had for a new platform - not worth the money
>nothing about the system that makes me want to spend a bunch of money - don't give a shit about the connectivity shit and whatnot
>no console-exclusive games coming up that i give a shit about
>don't buy many games anyway

would rather just get a gaming pc and get free/cheap games
>like Besieged
>lulz

>>320473332
please elaborate, anon
>sorry for the missed quads
>>
>>320473332

i've been playing emulators on my laptops for a long time. i mainly play NES-SNES-gameboys-N64 stuff. i tried a wii emulator awhile back, but my laptop wasn't powerful enough. (tried a ps1 emulator but it was complete shit)

looking forward to getting better emulators
>>
goism at full force ITT
>>
I have a friend who only plays games on PC. He says he doesn't buy games for consoles because he can watch the game on youtube. Why is it most PC exclusive gamers have autism? I thought the PC mustard race meme was a joke, but it's actually true, and I never ran into it until I started playing games on a PC.
>>
steam kind of blows.since physical copies of pc games are close to non existant youre stuck with steam or gog for drm free.
>>
>>320473162
THAT IMAGE
BOTTOM RIGHT HAND
IS THERE A NEW ACE COMBAT COMING?
>>
>>320458735

I'm going to bite.

>gaming PC through the mail
Your first mistake. Should have built it yourself.

>now what do i do?
Now, you aquire games. What genres do you like?

What do you feel like playing?

The biggest transition for console gamers (I refuse to call them "peasants") is the freedom. There are now 17000 games available to you, and that's not counting all the emulatables.
>>
>>320474113
Yeah man AC 7 with Morpeheus VR compatability.
>>
>>320474297
They are peasants though who like shit hardware and shit games.
>>
>>320474380

Ehr, if they're having fun and I'm having fun then I don't care what box they use for said entertainment.

The industry they support is a bad one, but can't really blame them for not knowing better.
>>
>>320474313
I had no idea. Couldn't really care about the VR but as long as the game can be played without the VR, my hype levels are out of control. Fucking awesome.
>>
>>320474380
Hurdur Bardur !
Jesus Christ the mongolism !
>>
File: robocraft.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
robocraft.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>>320458735
Try robocraft, it's a pretty good free game. You get to build bots and battle with them. And yet you can make anything, ie mechs, cars, tanks and everything you name of.

Even though it gets tons of updates that change the meta, it's still one of the good free indie games despite the free-to-play and premium shit. The paying thing doesn't really force you to pay stuff, just only for buying decorative blocks or re-skinned blocks.

The developers are pretty great especially when they give out free premium on special occasions, like holidays or server crash aftermaths.
>>
>>320474297

i was browsing steam, and i know what you mean

honestly though, if you assume 17000 games is correct, i'd probably be interested in 170 or less

i got it for a few specific things
>games like europa universalis, Rome Total War, etc. not just those specific series, but that genre
>games like Besieged/creation games - probably will try things like simcity (though never played any before)
>trying wii/ps1/etc emulators

i've never been into the MMO genre. just not my thing. will probably browse a bit. if anyone wants to gift me a game, i'll play it, if for nothing else than to explore
>>
>>320474467
>can't really blame them for not knowing better

that's pretty much the definition of a peasant
>>
>>320474559

i loved Ace Combat 4 and 5.
>didn't think 5 was as good
>no interest in 6/the other stuff

i think air combat games hit the ceiling around AC 5. when you get into online play, it's way too complicated/skills are way to disparate (viz Battlefield 4, where air-to-air combat is shit; one good guy going 25-0 while everyone else is 1-7)
>single-player hit its ceiling. not much else you could do that hadn't been done. AC5 seemed like a reskin of AC4, though the plot was decent enough
>>
>>320474723

i watched a youtube video of the top 10 free games, and robocraft was one of them

creating bots seems interesting, though i don't get the multiplayer aspect of it
>saw it described as a computerized Battlebots from back in the day
like what's the point of fighting them? objectives/goals?
>>
The important question is, what did you like before?

There's many things I could recommend, but knowing what you're looking to get out of your games and what types/pace of challenge you want is kinda essential to make those recommendations actually good ones.
>>
>>320476956 here. Didn't see >>320475884

...based off that, I'd say Endless Legend is definitely worth a look. The best Total War title is probably Shogun 2 though people will always fight for their favorite. I rather liked Sins of a Solar Empire as well but it's real time, not turn based, and some would say it's not a "real" 4x game at all, more of an RTS hybrid.

As for building games, I haven't quite gotten to them yet but the pervailing opinion is that Besiege and Prison Architect are great, and that Cities: Skylines is better than the SimCity reboot (though after a good deal of patching, the rumor is SimCity improved a lot).

If you really want to jump in at the deep end, there's always Crusader Kings 2, EU as you mentioned, or Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>320477335

by dream game would be the strategic aspect of Civilization 4, mixed with the tactical battles of Rome

It'd be cool if you were playing Civilization, then when your units attacked, you'd fight a battle (or have it be animated if you didn't want to)

>inb4 Rome is that
I think the strategic aspect of that needs to be developed more. strategically, it's nowhere near as good as Civlization
>>
>>320477335

As far as free games are concerned, there's a lot of good ones but not a lot of great ones.

If you want to organize with people, communicate and strategize and climb a very very steep learning curve, Planetside 2 is amazing, but you really do have to be willing to do all that or it will prove very unfriendly.

Card Hunter is a good chill time and doesn't ask anywhere near as much of you.

>>320477589

Yeah I'd say try Shogun 2 then, but the strategic layer of Total War is never going to be as big as Civ. To my mind that's a good thing though, I find Civ bloated and arbitrary.

On the other hand, if you could deal with the battles being turn based (but still better than Civ's) then check out Endless Legend.
>>
>>320473674
>>320473783
Install dolphin, enjoy 1080p galaxy and madworld, muramasa...

Isthereanydeal . Com
sync your steam wishlist there

Bundles as in humblebundle, bundlestars, indiegala...
any peasant cannot believe those bundle prices

Indiegala gifts a game almost every week. Shitty steam games, but free

Tldr: steam is a trading game by itself
>>
>>320477919
I think Civ needs to be more elaborate, but at the same time simplified

imagine if cities developed on their own. Not
>build a forge -> build a library -> build a market, but rather
>producing 10 shields -> company opened a new factory in town -> 15 shields -> new school opened -> +5 science -> another factory opened -> 20 shields, etc.
and all of that could just develop, rather than having you build set things.

say you two towns that are two spaces apart; they couldn't grow much - but if you had a town with the 5x5 grid open, you could have a sprawling city with tons of production

of if you had 10 sources of iron vs 1, your factories would prouduce 10 times as many shields (or make it logarithmic)

things like that, which make more real-life sense
>>
What are your PC specs?
>>
>>320478146

Sounds like the Paradox school to me, but EU and Crusader Kings don't get into detail on battles.
>>
>>320481047

>>320478257
>>
>>320481286
I'm not OP, I'm just a lurker newfag.
>>
>>320458735
I found the /v/ wiki pretty useful

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki//v/%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki

Someone should update it, though. And with "someone" I mean a person who isn't a wanna-be-elitits or a pleb.
>>
>>320458885
Look at the Console pleb, look at him and laugh

idort diety race mother fucker
>>
>>320482067
elitist*
>>
File: 296334223.png (194 KB, 576x699) Image search: [Google]
296334223.png
194 KB, 576x699
>>320465232
1.5 million steam keys of Witcher 3
>>
>>320458735
>gets a PC
>immediately starts spouting maymays
I'm ashamed of you.
>>
>>320458735
Fuck off to reddit nigger. /v/ has enough issues with the PC master race tetards already. We're full fuck off.
>>
>>320469038
>reddit the post
Congratulations
>>
>>320473162
most of these are already dead set to come to PC
>>
>>320482601
you can also go to reddit.
>>
Good thread, everyone.
>>
>>320462118
Aren't we a little jumpy, newfag? You come asking for advice and so far I've seen you insulting two posters.
>>
>>320469773
>Not just buying a VPN
You better use Steam for the sake of protecting yourself from your stupidity.
>>
>Buy hardware with intention of playing games on it
>Don't actually research the games you want to play
Every day, another dumb shit makes a thread like this. What the hell?
>>
>>320485930
Err they're not. Maybe FFXV
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.