[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mutfruit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7
File: mutfruit.png (301 KB, 691x830) Image search: [Google]
mutfruit.png
301 KB, 691x830
I was watching a YouTube video of a guy playing Fallout 4, and he pronounced them like 'mute' fruit, like in mutation.

I have always been pronouncing it as 'Mutt'fruit, like a mongrel dog 'mutt'.

Do the characters in-game ever pronounce the name of the fruit, was I getting it wrong since Fallout 3?
>>
>>320446124
You've been getting it wrong, they say 'mut' like mutation in the beginning of the city building shit.
>>
File: 1425868124729.jpg (14 KB, 489x365) Image search: [Google]
1425868124729.jpg
14 KB, 489x365
>>320446124
MOOT-FRUIT
>>
I've called it that for about 7 years until I heard some random guy in 3 say it that way and now I fucking hate it
>>
>>320446325
Damn it, I hate calling something the wrong way for years. Its like Ocarina of Time all over again.
>>
>>320446124
i always called them Mutt-Fruit as well
>>
>>320446124
The in game VAs pronounce it mute-fruit, too.

The rest of humanity who has passable skill in reading called it mutt-fruit, though.

All of it is a byproduct of their shitty writing skills.
>>
>>320446124

I'm going to keep calling them mutt fruits.

Mute fruit sounds dumb.
>>
>>320446124
where is the vowel to give it a long sound?

it's Mutt Fruit.
>>
>>320448535
or cant think critically you mean. its mutated fruit.
>>
File: 1342152817524.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1342152817524.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>320446124
What do mutfruits taste like?
>>
>>320450697
milky bags of sand.
>>
>>320450697

Salty coins and milk.
>>
>>320450697
like cancer
>>
>>320446124

>Always play Bethesda games on mute w/ subtitles
>Always though they were called Mutt-Fruits due to spelling and thinking they're a weird mixture of fruits kind of like a mutt is a weird mixture of dog breeds

Mute-Fruit just sounds retarded, uninspired, and something a cartoon character would say
>>
>>320450697
Chernobyl Cooler
>>
File: batenid.png (2 MB, 1085x873) Image search: [Google]
batenid.png
2 MB, 1085x873
>>320446891
what were you saying?
>>
>>320451498
>Mute-Fruit just sounds retarded, uninspired, and something a cartoon character would say

Just like pretty much everything else in the Fallout canon.

>Super Mutant
>Radscorpion
>Radroach
>Deathclaw

All the names are cheesy.
It's based on 50s ideals, cheese was big back then.

People that though it was mutt-fruit were really not paying enough attention to Fallouts naming conventions.
>>
>>320450587
Wouldn't there be just one T then?
>>
>>320446124
Mutfruit
Short for mutated fruit
Mute-fruit
>>
>>320446124
This just proves Todd Howard is autistic as fuck. Obviously it's mootfruit
Todd's a channer
Knowing him....
>Average /k/ and /aco/ user
>>
File: 1450026739050.jpg (32 KB, 651x451) Image search: [Google]
1450026739050.jpg
32 KB, 651x451
I suppose you retards also say Super Mutt Ants if Mutfruit is pronounced Mutt Fruit.
>>
>>320452401
no, the a in mutant gives the u a long sound.
>>
>>320452115
There is....?
>>
>>320450697
MacCready
>>
>>320452115
There is one t fagboy
>>
>>320452401

English isn't your first language, is it?

There's no reason why "mut" should be pronounced like "mute" other than Bethesda trying to make a shitty play on English words
>>
>>320451954
Ohcarina or awkarina? Always said the latter. Which is it?
>>
>>320452990
Ahkahrina
>>
>>320452596
>>320452940
Mutfruit is short for mutation, so it's pronounced mute-fruit.
>>
File: 1448140436523.png (4 KB, 315x276) Image search: [Google]
1448140436523.png
4 KB, 315x276
I've been pronouncing it as "Mutt-fruit" because I heard someone say it as that in FO3.

There aren't many words with "mut" at the beginning which aren't pronounced "Mute-"

>Mutate
>Mutual
>Mutiny
>Mutineer

If it had the extra t (muttfruit) I'd naturally pronounce it as such, but it's a bullshit made up word anyway and the English language is flawed so who cares
>>
>>320453217

How the hell would you know "mut" is short for mutation without taking a logical leap, because I played the Fallouts and never heard a character pronounce it in-game.
>>
>>320453617
It's pronounced mutt-fruit even without the second t.
Mutate, mutual, mutiny, and mutineer are pronounced that way because there is a vowel after. So mutfruit would be mutt-fruit
>>
>>320453217
short forms are usually pronounced as written, not by what they were originally.

what other words do what you're suggesting this one does?
>>
>>320453716
Because mut rhymes with fruit. It's catchy. Not to mention one t implies an elongated u.
>>
>>320453934
>implying tribals had writing
The spelling is purely phonetic.
>>
>>320446891
>Its like Ocarina of Time all over again.
god, I know this feeling except with Diablo instead.
>>
>>320446891
>tfw Runescape
>tfw Ardougne is not ardaroog
>>
Why would it be pronounced mutt-fruit?

Seriously. When you pronounced it like that to yourself, did you stop and think for one second why it would be like that? Because if you did you'd probably realize it makes no sense.
>>
A writing oversight, or just wasteland stupidity.
If they had any sense they'd spell it as either "Muttfruit" or "Mutefruit"
Count the amount of words in the english language that don't have a vowel right after a "mut" http://www.wordfind.com/starts-with/mut/
>>
>People saying it's pronounced "mute fruit"
>mut
>Listened to 10 different variations of the word "mut" and all of them sound like "mutt"

Bethesda can't just wave a magic wand and change the rules of the English language.

With the way it's spelled, it's MUTT-fruit regardless of whether "mut" is their cutesy way of casualizing the word mutant.
>>
>>320453979
>Not to mention one t implies an elongated u.
but
cut
nut
rut

wut?
>>
muttfruit sounds better

if you don't say it that way you're wrong
>>
>>320454532
It's a portmanteau of mutation and fruit. Why is this concept so hard to grasp?
>>
>>320454580
Pretty much this. Mutefags need to leave.
>>
>>320454713
What the fuck did you just fucking say about 4CHAN , you mutated bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Enclave, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the NCR, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I have maxed out my S.P.E.C.I.A.L and I’m the top sniper in the entire Enclave. You are nothing to me but just another radscorpion. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this wasteland, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that Brahmin shit about 4chan over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of verti-assault teams across the wasteland and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for nuclear fire, bloatfly. The nuclear that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only have I maxed out my unarmed skill, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the prewar American military and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the wasteland, you little Brahmin shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the caps, you goddamn mutated idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>320454315

>Runescape
>Played that shit for YEARS
>Find out 90% of the words, places, and names I've known for all this time are pronounced a different way

>Guthix is no longer Goo-thicks
>Sarodomin is no longer Sarah-daw-man
>>
>>320454787
>gielinor
you mean GILL A NORE
>>
>>320454532

>implying the rules of the english language are some hard-set things that never change and don't have exceptions
>>
>>320454898

>zezima isn't zeh-zim-ah it's zuh-zee-mah

I thought the guy saying it was wrong and I was right, but then I found out zezima is the guy's last name and that's how it's actually pronounced
>>
It should have been Mutafruit
>>
>>320455164
FUCK IT ISNT ZEHZ-ZIM-AH?
I literally played for 9 years, and havent played for a year, how the fuck?
>tfw when Im going to school for linguistics now
>>
>>320454941

The exceptions are a part of the rules and there's not a single one that says "mut" should be pronounced like "mute"
>>
>>320455289

Nope, Zezima's irl name is Peter Zezima (Actually born with that name) and he pronounces it "Zuh-zee-mah" when introducing himself, so it would mean his RS name is pronounced the same way too.
>>
>>320455404
Ghoti.
>>
>>320455623
I knew I was right all these years HA
>>
>>320454495
>a fruit that can't talk
>implies there are fruit that can talk
>still mutated fruit
>a mutfruit

gg no re
>>
>>320455623
fuck
>>
>>320454580
>flat earth sounds better
>if you don't believe it you're wrong
>>
>>320450697
Grapes and Mutts
>>
>>320450697
Like one of the fruits that grew in The Color Out of Space or a dog embryo in Dogscape
>>
>>320455681
>Ghoti

1) Not a real word
2) You can't take what letters could sound like in a scenario, take them out of the scenario, put them in a blender, then pronounce them the same afterword
>>
>>320446124
I know its retarded, but I always thought they were "moot"fruits for some reason
>>
>>320453716
if you romance maccready you apparently stuff it up his ass or something during one if those 'lovers embrace' moments when you sleep. "i didn't know you could even do that with mutfruit"
>>
File: 1445045360543.jpg (47 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
1445045360543.jpg
47 KB, 600x347
>>320457152
>stuff it up his ass
nah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2PwriqOjc
>>
A character in a farm mentions his crop and pronounces it "mewt froot"

That's how you should pronounce it anyway, unless you're retarded.
>>
>>320457524

A character on the west coast said he created Jet out of Brahmin dung, but on the east coast it's stated to be pre-war (Despite still requiring brahmin dung, which didn't exist pre-war)

>Trusting bethesda's "writing"
>>
>>320457740
>implying the guy who said he made the drug out of cow shit wasn't lying

Let me guess, he found Mew under the truck too right?
>>
>>320457740
That still burns my ass. Bethesda couldn't have said "Oh shit, our bad, slipped past the check guys. Thanks for pointing it out!" Nah, we get a "Doesnt say the year it was posted on the computer" bullshit.
>>
Alright, so I'm going to go search my town for synths because my happiness keeps going down even after I've done every conceivable thing to improve it.

Already I'm seeing some settlers with +10 energy resistance. Are these synths?
>>
>>320457740
It is possible that Myron found the recipe for a pre-War drug requiring a specific "cow dung gas" extract. Turns out that brahmin leave the correct or at least a relatively compatible mixture of chemicals in their dung and so they get attributed to being the prime source of one of the drug's ingredients. That doesn't rule it out from being a pre-War concoction or a theoretical drug or ghetto imitation of real recreational drugs.
>>
>>320454091
then why is there an i in fruit? they dont say froo-it
>>
>>320458101

>Jet is craftable in Fallout 4
>Requires Fertilizer
>Can build Brahmin Trough in FO4
>Brahmin will then make fertilizer for you
>Fertilizer = brahmin shit
>Brahmin's did not exist pre-war
>Fertilizer expires so it implies that all fertilizer in FO4 comes from brahmin shit

inb4 all fertilizer in FO4 is pre-war, "Look at all the pre-war food ready to eat!" Those are still around because of preservatives in the food, if you tried to preserve fertilizer plants would not be able to use it, thus making it a pile of worthless shit.
>>
>>320459526
Oh man, those Jet users must smell fab.
>>
>>320459663

I doubt they, or anybody else, notice or care.

I'm sure personal hygiene is at the absolute bottom of a wastelander's priority list.
>>
>>320459526
Jet is Jenkem?
>>
Who is "the old man" that Captain Crunch refers to in his memory stuff

Why are synths programmed to memory wipe when escaping the institute instead of just shutting down like when their shutdown code is said

How does a synth escape the Institute at all since it requires the use of a teleporter to get out

Why does "the old man" target vault 111 and kill most everyone there when there is another vault that also has people with minimal radiation exposure

Why does the Institute need DNA from a random vault dweller when they themselves could provide a sample because they have also been underground since the Great War

Why is synth Shaun created

Why does Father believe that synths aren't people because they are created when he himself is talking to the person who created him

Why does Father believe that synths are people only after you destroy the Institute and he tries to force synth Shaun on you
>>
>>320459936

Essentially, but the shit comes from a radioactive mutated 2 headed cow so it's probably a bit different than the shit from today's boring 1 headed cows.
>>
>>320450697
well it looks like a grape or a plum or maybe even a blueberry

but its large like its mutated (ha ha) - but humans have also sort of already done this to basically everything we eat bananas were basically yellow pieces of SHIT filled with seeds until we bred the fucked up thing we eat today.

so maybe giant blackberry/plum/grape?

it has sort of a vine thing goin on
>>
>>320459960

1) His father who was pounding down the door to beat him and his mother in the first memory
2) Lazy Bethesda writing to introduce plot
3) Lazy Bethesda writing to introduce plot
4) Lazy Bethesda writing to introduce plot
5) Lazy Bethesda writing to introduce plot
6) Lazy Bethesda writing to introduce plot
7) If I built a toaster I wouldn't consider it sentient, and if it started trying to be a blender I'd throw it out too. Why they were given free will and human consciousness though is Lazy Bethesda writing to introduce plot
8) Lazy Bethesda writing to introduce plot
>>
>>320446891
Ah, the jer-oodoh valley is nice!
>>
Eternal reminder that the Institute proves that Mobius from OWB was right.
>>
>>320448535
>All of it is a byproduct of their shitty writing skills.
Fallout threads have convinced me you're all fucking retards and Bethesda's writing isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be.
>>
>>320461954
>>320459960
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.