[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When were video games kill for you, /v/? >Be 24 >Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: The truth.jpg (213 KB, 728x1310) Image search: [Google]
The truth.jpg
213 KB, 728x1310
When were video games kill for you, /v/?

>Be 24
>Don't get hyped or excited about any releases any more as a self defense mechanism
>Increasingly fed up with both PC and console's bullshit
>Really high strike rate with games I buy despite being super picky and doing as much research as I can
>Games I do like that I've played in the past I can't be bothered replaying
>Decide to spend my free time listening to music, watching films and picking up reading again instead

Maybe it's for the best.
>>
When I started browsing /v/
>>
>>
>>320441939
>>
>>320443740
>>

It makes me really upset the Genesis/MD had as few buttons as it did, I feel like that really held back the complexity of what developers could do with games for certain titles. Games like Super Metroid wouldn't have been as feasible from input possibilities alone. I still love the system though.
>>
File: 1389350580290.gif (589 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
1389350580290.gif
589 KB, 245x176
>>320441939
How do I leave this shithole?
>>
>>320443982
You know there's a 6 button controller right?
>>
>>320444230
Yeah, I own two. I don't think it's as well made as the SNES controller, but in any case but developers didn't take advantage of the additional buttons as much as they could have. Games like Street Fighter were nice in that they supported both, but I can think of plenty of games such as Wonder Boy in Monster World that could have benefited from the additional buttons.
>>
>>320444678
It's much better than SNES controller for fighting games anyway
>>
When $ony went for paid online with no dedicated servers
Video games are for brain dead shills and normies
>>
Honestly, I turn 25 in a few days and still enjoy video games more than ever. The only thing you should care about is your own opinion on a game. These days people read too many forums and watch too many youtube vids about what they should and shouldn't like.

Form your own opinion and go have fun playing these games. In 2015, the /v/ board is a terrible place to discuss games. This place is a small box where the majority of users only discuss certain franchises and hate popular opinion, yet they are hypocrites and enjoy youtuber opinions on games. I've been on /v/ since 2007 and it used to be MUCH better. This board has lost it's touch. The only reason I still browse /v/ these days is because there are a few people like me still around and sine threads can be fun.

I think I got a little off-topic but you get the gist of my post. Play videogames and have FUN.

Don't give me that bullshit excuse about no good games to play etc. because you are absolutely fucking wrong if you believe that.
>>
>>320443982
>Super Metroid
>complex
nigga it's piss-easy and the bosses/enemies are retarded.
>>
File: 1417973926153.jpg (356 KB, 1264x1818) Image search: [Google]
1417973926153.jpg
356 KB, 1264x1818
>>320444062
it's impossible
Source: I'm 34
>>
If you're bored with video games, just start up a reading hobby. It's what I'd do if I got fed up as you say.
>>
File: drake-hotline-bling.png (323 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
drake-hotline-bling.png
323 KB, 600x346
>>320445537
I actually did this, took up reading.
Is hard man, i dunno what it is, is real hard for me to pay attention while reading, even if i try real hard. Maybe i got that adhd that's popular with the kids these days. But, i got some reading done. Started reading a dumb book called Shovel Ready. Shit reeks of a cheap book written by a jew for ez cash, but us mildly entertaining.
>>
They haven't because I'm not a sad sack like so many of you.
>48
>you know, I've been seeing those Legacy of Kain threads on /v/ for years
>and I remember reading a lot of good things about them however long ago that was
>let's get to it then
Blood Omen is amazing.
Soul Reaver is amazing.
Soul Reaver 2 is amazing so far and I'm sure it only gets better.
Stop being so negative all the time.
>>
>>320446067
>48
Hi Dad
>>
>>320446014
I can tell by the way you type that you don't like reading.
>>
>>320446174

Hi underage. How was 9th grade today? You make new friends yet?
>>
>>320441939
>Games I do like that I've played in the past I can't be bothered replaying
You can play older games you haven't played yet retard.
>>
>>320446283
I can tell by your reading comprehension that you a little shit :^)
>>
File: aimmynineatthewelfareline.png (128 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
aimmynineatthewelfareline.png
128 KB, 500x281
Earlier this year when MGSV broke my heart.

I'm going to be 26 soon; playing video games just isn't terribly novel or interesting anymore. don't expect anything from video games these days; it's becoming the goofiest and least sophisticated mix of consumerism and political correctness I've ever seen, and it's even starting to affect the only country that matters in game development. It's getting embarrassing to be associated with you fucking losers, too.
>>
I feel kinda of dead inside in general. I don't enjoy videogames much these days, but I also don't really enjoy movies, anime, tv shows ect. like I used to either. Christmas is in about a week, and I couldn't give a single fuck if I tried. I'm 23 and I've never had a gf so maybe that's why I'm depressed. I know people always say you need to be happy with yourself, just do you ect. but humans are social animals and a lack of meaningful relationships can be damaging to your psyche.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>When I started browsing /v/

I'm not even memeing, I don't like video games anymore, everything is just the same old shit and nothing surprises anymore, games just aren't fun anymore, I'd rather some times play old PS2 games I used to love and shitpost on /v/ about new shit like Undertale and Fallout 4. Where my vidya gone?
>>
>>320449298
Don't listen to them anon. It just traps your mind into thinking you need people. Hermit life is where it's at bro. Once you reach enlightenment that you no longer need people, you feel amazing. You'll feel self-fulfilled and realize what YOU want to do, for the first time in your life.
>>
>>320450286
>realize what YOU want to do

I want to love a girl who loves me back.
>>
>>320441939
when i realized i just space out in the middle of playing them thinking about how shitty my life is
>>
>gregor tier
>>
>>320450482

What about a boy?

;)
>>
>>320450482

Don't live for that, think of it like a perk, you can still love her with all your heart of course but if you live only to love her you will get hurt. I know how it is, I'm contemplating suicide right now, also it doesn't help that she hates me now.
>>
File: dendy-panther-joystick1-1.jpg (83 KB, 700x487) Image search: [Google]
dendy-panther-joystick1-1.jpg
83 KB, 700x487
Vladimir tier
>>
>>320450482
Why do you feel the need to validate yourself like that?
In any case, you're approaching it incorrectly. To love is to reflect the will of your existence. As cliché as it sounds, in order to live other, you must first love yourself. You can't expect a lover to answer what you are looking for. It won't happen because nothing's there to begin with. Learn to love yourself first, and only then will a companion be a possibility. Anything short of that is a foolish and futile endeavor.
>>
>>320451880
You know what happens when people are thrown into solitary confinement? They start to go crazy, fast. You can't achieve happiness in isolation, humans just aren't wired that way. The need for validation stems from biological imperative.
>>
>>320451880

TL;DR

Basically you're saying he has to be fit, clean, have a job to be in a relationship because women don't love like men do and they only care about men who can support them.
>>
>live in Russia
>get Sega instead of bottleg Famicom
>no hype
>get PC while being six year old
>no vidya news or anything, only a couple of vidya related magazines that dad had
>no hype
>people share games that they had in school
>internet is rare
>no hype
>everyone starts pirating everything, more info about games
>no hype still
>stop pirating and start buying games
>have to look carefully for quality games
>wow no hype
>imageboards are all about hype
Just PLAY the games.
>>
>>320447835
This.

>28
>the guy who bought a PS4 for MGSV

So fucking disappointing. Games just aren't magic anymore.

>>320449298
You're going to an hero before 30 if you don't change your mindset.
>>
>>320447835
>>320452559
Didn't you guys play MGS4?

You know what they say, fool me once...

MGS4 and Brawl were probably the games that killed my ability to be hyped pre-release.
>>
>>320452251
Bullshit. Humans are DEFINED by overcoming biological imperative.

Also, wow, a bunch of people who have lost so much control of themselves that they not only ended up in prison, but solitary confinement, don't have the personal fortitude to endure isolation?
Please don't use such incredibly poor examples such as people in solitary confinement. You're completely disregarding the sensory deprivation aspect, in addition to the fact that they're IN PRISON. Their situation is NOWHERE near what hermit life would be like.
>>
>>320452906
At least MGS4 had a fucking story.

But yeah, those are two titles that definitely made me more cynical. At least Sm4sh is an improvement, despite all the DLC.
>>
>>320452257
That's how the average normie solves their personal demons. If that works for the sad anon, then by all means
>>
>>320452251
If you want examples of good hermits, just look into the past. History is filled with hermits that led successful lives and fulfilled their personal dreams.
>>
Spore was the first time I was truly, utterly hurt by video games. It was the first time I had been really hyped for something, only to have my dreams shattered. Before then I didn't have internet and didn't read gaming mags, I just played games as they came out. But Spore was the first one I really followed.

After that I kinda slowly grew older and got bored of games. Nothing really got me excited outside Smash I guess and it was a let down.

Then PT came out and Silent Hills was announced and it was like the stars aligned. Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 and the MGS series are in my all time favourite games and I was so hyped. It was the first time I had been hyped for a game since 2008 and and when it's cancellation was announced...

It hurt me more than Spore did. Something I never thought could happen.

Video Games are dead to me. also MGS5 sucked
>>
>>320452251
I'm really tired of this meme. Milgram should be denounced as a hack and should be shamed for his work.

>using criminals to establish examples of human tendencies
>prison culture totally doesn't impact a person guys
>see they do it in prison, so it must be true

Fucking idiot
>>
>>320453874
Oh shit, PT. Yeah, that officially snuffed out my enthusiasm. Konami being money-grubbing retards destroyed the best horror game project, ever.
>>
>>320453874
I bet you were bullied by girls
>>
>>320443982
For machine with an '88 release ('89 US), 3 buttons made sense -- it was more than average and about as many as most arcade games of that time needed. Keep in mind that the direct competition for the Genesis at its release was the NES and the TurboGrafx-16.
Nintendo probably put in more buttons because they had games that needed more buttons, like F-Zero.

There's a bunch of games I wish did use the Genesis 6 button pad though.
Fuck, there's a bunch of games released after it came out that I wish used it in some way.
>>
>>320444230
It's no saturn pad
And personally I think the Sat. pad is perfect except for its lack of select button
>>
>>320454397
I bet you're a career shitposter.
>>
>Not a jaded asshole
>Still have fun with video games
>Enjoy most of the games I buy at least to some extent

Feels good man
>>
>>320454530
Enjoying all the Marvel movies, too? Good goy.
>>
>>320452906
MGS4 is replayable at least. Lots of guns, reasons to replay to get the BB emblem, some neat easter eggs, and MGO was pretty unique.

MGSV was just putting the cover on the coffin for the series, MGS4 was like the Wake.
>>
>>320454585

I haven't seen them because I don't pay attention to things I'm not interested in.

But enjoy sitting on /v/ whining about how MY VIDEO GAMES ARE DEEEEAAAAD while I have fun with things.
>>
>>320454885
Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.
>>
>>320454885
>haven't seen a single Marvel movie

What's it like not having friends who want to go to the theater with you?
>>
>>320453002
>Humans are DEFINED by overcoming biological imperative.

Completely false. Humans are just animals with bigger brains.
>>
24 here. I moved to a party house and started drinking and drugging. Way better than videogames.
>>
>>320455665
If you really believe that, I feel very sorry for you. I really ask you rethink your stance. Cognitive dissonance is one hell of a drug.
>>
File: usingThatWord.jpg (105 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
usingThatWord.jpg
105 KB, 400x345
>>320456759
>Cognitive dissonance

Which ideas put forth are inconsistent?
>>
>>320457176
The lies you've been fed about yourself memester
>>
>>320457608
I don't think you understand what a logical inconsistency is. It doesn't mean "he said something I don't like."

Same can be said about the word meme. You're just shitposting now.
>>
>>320458043
I was portraying my viewpoint as so correct that it would be logically infallible to believe otherwise, but you took it too literally.

I'm stopping this, cus I'm not really sure what you're trying to say in your post.

And you started the shitposting memester
>>
>>320458891
>>I was portraying my viewpoint as so correct that it would be logically infallible to believe otherwise, but you took it too literally.

When you say someone has cognitive dissonance you are asserting that the person in question has stated two or more viewpoints that are inconsistent.

Whether or not you agree with them has nothing to do with cognitive dissonance. My point was that you're throwing words around to try and make yourself look smart, when it's achieving the opposite.
>>
File: 1444177592585.jpg (37 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1444177592585.jpg
37 KB, 720x480
>>320441939
>mfw named Stuart

Not killed yet though.

26 and I'm still finding time to actually enjoy vidya along with work and stuff
>>
>>320459618
I'm not trying to impress you anon. I used a word I heard from somewhere. I thought it meant that a person has an incorrect idea perpetuated by circumstances to the point where they actually start to believe it, even though it's false. You shouldn't get all mad that someone doesn't know something.
This made me look up cognitive dissonance, and made me even more confused. I'm gonna stop using that term now. No idea what it's meant to convey anymore.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.