[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong, /v/? Or a better question: What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
What went wrong, /v/?

Or a better question:
What went right?
>>
>>320440271

Glitches out the ass. Crashing.

Repetitive shit.

The only really good thing about it was the hotel chase, but that was tense even if you were reading it in the book.

Glad they went out of business for releasing a shit product.
>>
>>320440982
I actually only had 1-2 crashes on my most recent playthrough, which I consider good for a Bethesda game.

I feel like it was meant to be a purely adventure game, with sneaking and snooping, but then you get a gun after the first hour or so and it just becomes an FPS with some puzzle elements.
>>
File: Call of Cthulhu fate.png (2 MB, 2852x2720) Image search: [Google]
Call of Cthulhu fate.png
2 MB, 2852x2720
>>320440982

Fuck you. I want you to die. I hope you die painfully you fucking faggot.

You have no fucking clue how hard the devs where fucked over my Bethesda. But even then the game was great. Kill yourself shitstain.
>>
File: 34800398_p5.jpg (391 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
34800398_p5.jpg
391 KB, 700x700
>>320440271
This first part of this game is fucking GREAT, they really managed to build the tension and horror the same way as Howard did in the books.

The rest of the game turn into an uninspired FPS after you get out of Innsmouth.

I don't know how they managed to fuck up the game so much.
>>
i can't get past the fucking boat scene where i'm supposed to fire the fucking cannon into invisible lights i can't even fucking see and i had to drop the game. otherwise i thought it was really good up to that point.
>>
>>320443798

>it gets bad when you get guns

I am so fucking sick of this meme.

The level after you first get guns is bad, the ones after that are good again.

Please tell me how the levels on the reef and in the underground tunnels are somehow bad and not even better than Innsmouth.

Tell me how the raid with the army and sneaking into the town hall is a bad level.
>>
>>320440271
It was glitchy on launch, but holy fuck if it isn't one of my favourite games ever. Atmospheric as fuck, nothing else comes close to illustrating the mythos as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>320444015
Sounds like a bug. It's not meant to be invisible, it's meant to be Dagon coming up from the deep. Don't look at him too long, you'll go insane and die
>>
>>320444015
I had this problem, too. It's so fucking stupid.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/470998-call-of-cthulhu-dark-corners-of-the-earth/54408485
>>
>>320443402
Publishers suck. Bunch of jews in suits who know nothing of art or games
>>
>>320444142
Because you're still forced to wrestle with the awful movement controls, the retarded 'realistic' health and healing system, and the tendency of the main character to whimper and faint when the game decides it's time to remind you it's supposed to be scary. If it was made as a quiet, slow-paced game of exploration, avoiding dangers and piecing clues together it would have been awesome. As it is, chapter 5 an onwards it's just an exceptionally shitty shooter. If you can stomach that, good for you. I can't.
>>
>>320444142
I don't understand why your Jack wouldn't have brought a gun to Innsmouth. Is he not allowed to have a gun because he was crazy? Why did the FBI come after him for help then if he's insane? What PI in the 1920s isn't packing a gun? Hell, you get ammo before you even get the gun, I mean what is up with that?

Second, the enemies respawn like crazy. You clear an area, and then if you have to backtrack, they're all over the place again. When you first go to the mansion, you have to sneak around and look for the keys to the cell to bust out that other guy. So you spend 20 minutes killing everyone and then go to the cell, and then come back and there are tons of enemies again.

Plus the enemies can either die in 1 bullet, or take a full mag to kill. Seems like if you're sneaking or get a headshot they'll go down in 1-2 shots, but if you're running away and popping shots off at them it takes half a mag or more to kill one.
>>
>>320450194

Just kill yourself, you have so much shit taste within you I am not even gonna bother arguing any of your posts.

Call of Cthulhu is a 10/10 experience, and if it didn't have all the glitches due to Bethesda it would easily be up there with the greats like Deus Ex, System Shock, Thief, etc...
>>
>>320440982
>The only really good thing about it was the hotel chase, but that was tense even if you were reading it in the book.
This.

As soon as you were given guns the game became quite boring and tedious.
>>
>>320450194
The health and sanity system is there to make you feel and function fragile, like it would be. Clearly you're too autistic to be able to immerse yourself in the game, which is why the atmosphere is wasted on you. That doesn't make the game shit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.