[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game ruined everything. Intelligent systems made amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 284x177
This game ruined everything.

Intelligent systems made amazing games. Advanced wars was amazing, paper mario was amazing and Fire emblem for the GBA was also amazing.

When this came out I was skeptical, it looked okay, and when I played it, it was... okay. It was soul less, the re-classing system ruined the game it made it so the units had less personality as they couldnt be attributed to a specific class. the story was boring as fuck compared to the GBA games, and the 3D graphics were inferior compared to the sprite animations used in the GBA versions....

But on release it got stellar reviews, stellar reviews from people who DIDNT EVEN PLAY the previous FE games, and its been fueling all these bullshit smash reps.

Because of this game Intelligent systems will always be the fire emblem studio, there will never be another advanced wars game, there will never be another good paper mario, Interesting characters will never be added to Fire Emblem Bros.

I wish this game never existed, it is a cancer for Nintendo, with an equally cancerous fanbase
>>
>Quality doesn't sell well.
>Trading quality for money keeps things afloat.
I fucking hate this amoral world.
>>
File: 1367220890311.jpg (124 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1367220890311.jpg
124 KB, 400x400
>>320425395
>>
>>320425395
>Fire emblem for the GBA was also amazing.
6 and 8 were pretty good. 7 was shit.
>>
>>320425395
Pretty much this.
I was so hyped when I got FE13, but I was so disapointed when I played it. I will never buy a FE game again.
>>
File: 1448993121822.jpg (74 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1448993121822.jpg
74 KB, 498x497
>>320425395

I think you just got too comfortable with receiving which despite any new additions largely ended up as the exact same game every time until Shadow Dragon.

Sure Awakening ended up unbalanced but that's because for the first time they were trying new things without nerfing them into the ground so they wouldn't have to rebalance the whole game. Fire Emblem Fates is a much better for building on the experimentation that Awakening did than the unadventurous dying husk it was beforehand.
>>
File: 1381026446173.jpg (25 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1381026446173.jpg
25 KB, 300x309
>>320425395
>advanced wars
>advanced
>d
>>
>>320425395
Wrong. Maybe if you stopped being so blinded by rage and nostalgia you would't look so stupid all the time.

Fire Emblem never had goo stories or actually good characters. However, the games were fun and the gameplay was great. Awakening is the same, deal with it.

I have been playing the series since Radiant Dawn and I have played the three GBA games before it. So your stupid argument that "YOU JUST DONT KNOW FIRE EMBLME MANNNN YOU NEVER PLAYED IT!!!!!!" doesn't work.

I understand Awakening was more "anime" than the others, and I guess that triggers you - sorry about that. However, it doesn't make the game bad. The character interactions were more fleshed out than ever, and I liked the whole marriage/children thing, in addition to the re class system, there was a lot to do and think about. It was unbalanced but it was something new and fun.

Just because you didn't like it because you can't accept change, or because of autism, or because anime tropes trigger you or whatever doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>320425395
It was okay like most FE games. Nothing too great, simply okay. I guess the main reason why FE keeps selling is that all the grest SRPG series stopped getting sequels or went to shit. But people need their fix.
>>
>>320426703
That's cool. Half a million Japs already did, so your opinions don't really matter.
>>
>>320425395
If it never existed, then FE would have died and we wouldn't be getting the vastly superior Fire Emblem Fates Nohr Version
>>
>>320428760
>I have been playing the series since Radiant Dawn

So your opinion is worth shit. Good to know.
>>
>>320428760
Have you played Path of Radiance? It has the best support conversations in the series, in my opinion. Well written, the characters actually develop and they even flesh out the setting properly, something that Awakening did not.
>>
>>320429982
>>320430124
>>320430242

Fates before even releasing in the wast already outsold PoR's and RD's worldwide sales which were the last two original FE games before Awakening,

People thinking they're arguing from a position of strength saying they'll no longer buy it are pretty foolish. All that means that IS have even less reason to take you into account when they design their next game, they'll focus on making the best game they can for the audience they do have, not the smaller one that left them.
>>
File: haram.jpg (129 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
129 KB, 500x412
That's nice. I'll just be here enjoying my waifus.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.